The Best Book/Book Series You've Ever Read?

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
"Lost Years Of Merlin" by T.A. Baron

Some of the best hours of my life were spent reading that.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Best Single Book: The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
Best Series: The Dark Tower by Stephen King
-Best book out of that series (to me): The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass

Cobbs

Aug 16, 2008
InnerRebellion said:
The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks.
You good sir deserve a cookie.
When it finally comes out i believe the Lightbringer Trilogy may just top Night Angel

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Johnnyallstar said:
blaise_fire said:
The Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin. I just wish he'd release his next book already!
You ninja, you know he'll be dead before he finishes the series :(
That's already happened to another certain writer of fantasy... It's what happens when they fail to wrap up a series within a TWENTY YEAR period.

Sorry, but it still gets me that the series, even though it's amongst my very favourites, could go on that long.
Anyway, I can never decide which book or series I like more, so I'll just go with the one I've been talking about, WoT.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Really? Nobody's gonna mention it? Fine then.

Best Series: Tied with The Hardy Boys and the Gor series.

Kickin' it old-school, yo.

[small](The Elminster books are good too, since I've already been ninja'd on Animorphs, Young Wizards, Pern, and Dark Tower. Damn ninjas everywhere.)[/small]

Zenomorph

Jul 12, 2010
TWILI*stab shank eviscerate* ahem pardon me... ah yes favorite book would have to be "V for Vendetta" just a good read that book plus V is just soo awesome.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
My favorite book is Legend by David Gemmell. Haha and I'll read anything else he wrote. Ever. Collected almost all of it.

And I loved the Dark Tower series by Stephen King

And it may sound cliche... But I absolutely LOVE Lord of the Rings

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
My favourite series is probably Tales of the Otori by Lian Hearn.
Favourite book however, I'm not so sure of. I don't really keep tabs of my favourite-whatever, so I can't give a conclusive answer.

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
Currently in the middle of reading the Galactic Milieu series, by Julian May, only in the middle of Jack the Bodiless, but i have to say, after finishing Intervention, it is my favorite series so far.

A close second which i have already finished would definitely be The Dark Tower, by Stephen King, epic story, that one is.

dolgion

Nov 20, 2010
Well these series:

LotR + Hobbit, obviously
Harry Potter, they're actually really really good
Ender's Game and sequels, the best sci-fi books I have ever read. Really give it a try!
Jules Verne's books. Most of all 20,000 leagues beneath the sea

Am currently reading Night Angel books, right not finishing the first one and it's pretty good too

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Pendragon, Ender's Game and Atherton are my three favourite series-es. Pendragon for the relateability, over-the-top-ness and epicstyles setting/characters/storyline (although it seemed kinda grindy until the last 3 books), Ender's Game for the holy-shit-what-is-going-on-this-is-weird-but-cool-okay-i-kinda-comprehend-that-last-part-who-are-these-asian-people, and Atherton for everything except the writing style. Seriously, the author has the most awesome imagination ever but can't write it down for shit. Some of the aspects worked into the storyline feel completely arbitrary, and the awesome plot-twist halfway through where the benevolent Atherton three-tiered land seems a hell of a lot smaller and the setting becomes dead-serious and grim. It's epic in a nutshell, go have a loot.

Hallowed

Jul 28, 2010
The Odd Thomas series is wonderful. Brother Odd was my favorite out of it.

Looking for Alaska, and An Abundance of Katherines are both also very good reads. John Green is a brilliant author, possibly my favorite.

Shade's Children is a great science fiction book, a good read if you liked Ender's Game.
And, I loved every book in The Giver trilogy.
I couldn't just pick one ^_^'

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
The Pendragon series, the Fablehaven, the Five Ancestors, and the Immortal Secrets of Nicholas Flammel. True, two of them are for a younger audience but they were still interesting reads none-the-less. And the other two are pretty intense actually. I could go on of hours about good books but as of right now, those four are the newest reads this month.

Veldaroth

Jul 21, 2009
The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Awesome series, definitely worth the read. Every single person I have recommended it to have had nothing but wonderful things to say about it.