The Best book you OWN

Declaro

Sep 1, 2010
Good Omens, Small Gods, and my well-thumbed copy of Life with Jeeves (three of P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves novels in one). Happy memories indeed...

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
bartman675 said:
spacepope22 said:

I am America, and so can You, by Steven Colbert
i forgot about this book it was awesome
I'm really not sure why to this day, but for some reason I couldn't finish that book. Still have it and I got it shortly after release.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
In case you didn't notice my avatar, mine is The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Technically not just one book, but I DO own all of them.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Idk, I'm afraid of getting attacked, but here goes

A 19th Century Catholic Bible that's been in my Family for YEARS!!!

LOL the thing is Heavy as Hell!

Oh and the Screwtape Letters

Best Damn Book I've ever read

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Macbeth. Or if you want something that was actually intended to be a book: War and Peace.

Seriously. No one writes stronger characters than Shakespeare and Tolstoy.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Well, of all the books I, myself, have personally read, almost none have been books I've actually owned, but there are two books I really, really like, and I own.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

I (or, rather, my family) have a shitlot of books, but I'm uninterested in all of them, since they're mostly mediocre books, written by long-dead Estonian writers.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Argtee said:
MagicMouse said:
Argtee said:
MagicMouse said:
Entire Wheel of Time series...
Pretty much this.

I don't have the ENTIRE Wheel of Time series, (1-7 and 9. I couldn't find 8 anywhere) but the ones that I've already read (1-5. I'm almost finished 5) are really good.
Yeah they are great books, very complex with alot of deep characters. I can't wait for the next book to come out from the new author, he did a great job on #12.
It's terrible that Robert Jordan died. I'm sure that book 12 would be different if he would've wrote.

I'm not saying that book 12 is bad. I haven't really heard much about it, but I'm sure it's still good. I'm just saying that it probably would've been...different if Robert Jordan wrote it...
[sub]Not sure how to explain, but I hope you understand what I mean[/sub]
How awesome would an ultimate wheel of time book be? About 10000-12000 pages compressed into 1 book. It would have to be 3x4 just to be the same thickness of his normal books. A thousand pages, each the size of 12 pages. If the font of the normal paperbacks was kept, and if it wasn't printed on super-thin paper (like the Ultimate Bourne collection).
:D

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Probably "It was on Fire when I Lay Down on it" and "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten: Uncommon Thoughts of Common Things" by Robert Fulghum.

sfd1985

Oct 19, 2010
I don't have a specific edition of a book that's special to me, but one of my all time favourite books is Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. I generally love most of Vonneguts books, but this is my favourite until I re-read another one... The edition I have is this one:

# Paperback: 192 pages
# Publisher: Penguin; New Ed edition (1 July 1999)
# ISBN-10: 0140285601
# ISBN-13: 9780140285604

Piflik

Feb 25, 2010
The Gone-away World by Nick Harkaway...even if you don't like the story, the writing alone warrants a buy...I read it twice in a row (and normally I don't read any book twice...ever...can't get into a book, if I know what happens on the next page...)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Leopard said:
The Silmarillion. The thing is my freaking bible.
Because it's got way too many characters and is almost completely incoherent?

Never liked it myself.

OT: The Hitchhiker's books or The Hobbit (Tolkien at his best).

Brainpalm

Apr 17, 2010
I couldn't possibly choose just one... Although Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly or any Matthew Reilly book is the top for me (Of books I own).

Others i love but don't own include: Animal Farm - George Orwell, Unwind - Neal Shusterman (Awesome Sci-Fi), Magician - Raymond E Feist and there are no doubt more but i cannot recall them at this time...

RemSaverem

Aug 13, 2008
So many good books.
I've got the Hitchhiker's Trilogy, leather bound and SIGNED.
I've got all four volumes of the Absolute Sandman series & the Absolute Death.
I've got a signed hardcover of The Graveyard Book.
I have the Complete Calvin and Hobbes.

But as far as my favorite, what I consider to be "best" books in terms of story, I'd say my copies of American Gods by Neil Gaiman and The Stand by Stephen King. Those are books I reread because I enjoy them so much.