The best glitch you have encountered in gaming?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
What is the best glitch you've ever encountered in a game before? Just something that you laughed at or even though it was annoying at first looking back on you found funny or interesting in one way or another.

For me, it was probably when my friend and I were playing Serious Sam: BFE in co-op on Steam. In the very first level, the first enemy you run into you need to rip its eye out. You have no weapons and that is the only way you can actually kill it is through that method. At first we thought the glitch was because we were playing on the hardest difficulty. We eventually figured out that my friend killed it before it could fully materialize and messed up the remaining logic for that section of the game. So for the remainder of the game enemies were invisible unless they got within a few feet of you. They would slowly become more visible as they got closer to you. As you could imagine this made the suicide bomber sections pretty interesting as you have to navigate away from them based on their loud screaming and if you could see them at all that meant if they got any closer they would blow up.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
During part of the Mass Effect 3 romance scene with Ashley, Shepard and Ashley's lips move to the other one's voice, but they are in-sync with their own dialogue. It was really funny the first time. Not so much the second, but it is still worth a laugh when I look back on it.

In Medal of Honor: Airborne, there was also a glitch where, after killing an enemy, the enemy's leg would get stuck in a crack in the geometry, but instead of it having gory results, the leg would just expand as the enemy continued to fly forward. This, essentially, turned the "new" part of the leg into a rubber band that would sometimes fling the soldier around wildly. It was pretty funny to watch, at least if you weren't taking the game too seriously.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
In a game of Team Fortress 2, one of my teammates had somehow inflated his head to about 10x the size of his body. To repeat, his head was ten times bigger than the body it was attached to. Needless to say, he blocked corridors, filled rooms, and generally acted as an excellent visual barrier.

Also, I don't know if it is a glitch or just a balancing issue, but when playing Skyrim, I found that by sneaking whilst wearing shrouded boots, I made myself completely invisible to Falmer enemies, allowing them to be killed easily. What was even funnier was that I could sneak right next to one and rack up a ridiculous amount of sneak xp at zero risk.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
The Horses in Skyrim are barely faster than you are. The only reason I can find for riding them is the hilarity that results from going over any terrain that isn't perfectly flat.

There's also the glitch in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood where I tried to get off my horse but accidentally started interacting with a nearby ledge and ended up floating off into the sky.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Pick a glitch in Skyrim.

Any one of them will do really.

The best one is when you run up to a giant with your companion and watch them fly into the air when they're hit. My horse even did that too. I just about died when it happened, and I was clapping my hands together like a trained circus seal from all the giggling. Eventually I was hit too which made me laugh even harder, if it was even possible at that point, and every so often when I run across a giant camp I will run up to one to see it again.

It's just the best thing ever. :D

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
The beginning of Fallout Vegas where that Doctor's Head started rotating. At first I thought he was some kind of mutant but it just wouldnt stop spinning around.

The very first npc as well

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
So I'm guessing this is about the more "buggy" glitches rather than "exploitive" glitches.

If we're talking exploits, any infinite exp glitches are always my favorite, especially the few that are in Planescape: Torment. Knights of the Old Republic 2 also had a pretty good one.

As far as funny glitches, I always enjoyed the Skyrim Giant Space Program glitches:

Mariner

Sep 27, 2010
Moloch Sacrifice said:
Also, I don't know if it is a glitch or just a balancing issue, but when playing Skyrim, I found that by sneaking whilst wearing shrouded boots, I made myself completely invisible to Falmer enemies, allowing the to be killed easily. What was even funnier was that I could sneak right next to one and rack up a ridiculous amount of sneak xp at zero risk.
Actually, Falmer are blind and use sound to search for enemies.

I believe your situation is because the boots made your sneak just good enough to not be heard by the Falmer.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
The latest one I had was in Uncharted 2 multiplayer during a death match. One guy leapt at me from a higher ledge with guns blazing, and instinctively I swung out a melee attack (which by some miracle killed him the first time. Due to my poor connection, I actually need to hit twice before I kill someone). On death his character, instead of rag dolling onto the floor, flew twenty feet into the air. Luckily the game records matches, so I can rewatch it whenever I like. I laughed a good while after the match ended.

And for the good old Skyrim glitch, I had one moment where a dragon encounter went wrong where he spiralled higher and higher into the sky until he was only a dot, and then dived deep under the map. I moved on assuming I'd never get at it. A good three hours of playing later, when I'd well and truly forgotten about it, a dead dragon suddenly slammed down in front of me with no warning as I was merrily picking flowers around Riften. Gave me quite the heart attack.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
In Skyrim I had the Lord of the Rings weapon mod installed and was using Sauron's mace, which had a knock back effect. I hit an Imperial and he went flying...at least his body did. His head just floated in the air in front of me while his body flew into a nearby river. After a couple seconds the head fell on the ground and I just looked down at it until I noticed I was taking damage. I looked up to see his headless body attacking me. I knocked him in the river again and then filled him with arrows until he stopped moving. Both the funniest and most terrifying glitch I've ever encountered

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Pick a glitch in Skyrim.

The best one is when you run up to a giant with your companion and watch them fly into the air when they're hit. My horse even did that too. I just about died when it happened, and I was clapping my hands together like a trained circus seal from all the giggling. Eventually I was hit too which made me laugh even harder, if it was even possible at that point, and every so often when I run across a giant camp I will run up to one to see it again.

It happened to me before but for some reason I didn't find it that funny. That is, untiiiiiiil... I was being killed over and over by some random mercenary orc or whatever that came running out of nowhere. I was getting frustrated so I decided to sneak up on him instead and noticed he was strutting around not too far from a giant camp. And I had the fury spell...

I don't think I need to describe what happened next, but what pushed it from already quite hilarious to 'oh-my-god-I-might-need-an-ambulance' was his corpse crashing down right next to me, about 30 seconds later, while I was lready relaying the first part of the story to a friend over steam chat.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Found a really bewildering bug or glitch in skyrim (360 version, if anyone's curious) after finishing the game.

I found myself wanting to go on a murder spree in the red legionnaire people's main town (Can't recall the name and can't be bothered to search for it) i found a corner to werewolf up so the guards wouldn't immediately attack me, ran out of my corner bunch of children pull out knives and start attacking me and any random NPC's nearby then the guards roll in and start KILLING the children, they actually died to my surprise since i was pretty sure they were invincible though it still took a while to down all of 'em.

And when all the chaos had subsided, the guards just went back on patrol. Me still being a werewolf decided to try to eat the bodies of the children to see what would happen and i believe i couldn't target them at all, ran about the city a bit until a non-guard NPC spotted me then the guards started attacking me and i continued on my original plan of a murder spree.

I reloaded a previous save to see if i could repeat the event to no avail.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
bliebblob said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Pick a glitch in Skyrim.

It happened to me before but for some reason I didn't find it that funny. That is, untiiiiiiil... I was being killed over and over by some random mercenary orc or whatever that came running out of nowhere. I was getting frustrated so I decided to sneak up on him instead and noticed he was strutting around not too far from a giant camp. And I had the fury spell...

I don't think I need to describe what happened next, but what pushed it from already quite hilarious to 'oh-my-god-I-might-need-an-ambulance' was his corpse crashing down right next to me, about 30 seconds later, while I was lready relaying the first part of the story to a friend over steam chat.
Okay, that is pretty funny.

I think what made it funny for me was that I was on my way to returning a quest and my companion decided to fight a giant. I wasn't in the mood to fight the giant, but I had to at that point for obvious reasons. I immediately lost it when she flew into the air seconds later because I didn't expect that to happen, and the fact she didn't die.

Then my horse went into battle then flew as well and I thought I was gonna die. Then I died because I was laughing too much, but thankfully I didn't have to start my quest all over again because I would've punted my controller across the room if that happened.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
One time I was playing Spider Man 3 (which is a mistake in and of itself), I completed one of the side missions where you rescue a person and bring them to a specific spot. The mission completed properly, but once it was over the NPC was standing on Spider-Man's shoulders for some reason. And he didn't leave. I could run around the city, web swing, climb up walls, what have you, and he was still hovering there like Spidey's guardian angel. He went away the next time I interacted with a mission, but I must've spent close to an hour just swinging around with my new companion laughing to myself. Only good thing about that game.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
If you want to go old school on the SNES 'FFII' had the weapon duplication trick, which was great if you were a kid and wanted to cheat making it easy to get money or creating mass amounts of the ultimate sword Excalibur's to be used as Shuriken's. And then 'FFIII' topped it with the Relm sketch invisble glitch, which crashed you're game and when you reset you're inventory is packed full with all sorts of random goodies... although from that point on you're game can be prone to crashing.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Swordless Link glitch in OoT. Basically all you had to do was wait until you got your sword knocked out of your hand during the end, then save and reset the game. You'll still have your sword technically but it won't be equipped. This leads to a whole bunch of funny glitches. One of the most notable ones being when you're riding Epona. You can use any item on her. The best stuff happens when you use the Ocarina or Hookshot and grab onto something with it.

Barring that, in Skyrim, there was one moment where I was taking advantage of the Shadow Warrior perk to automatically get sneak attacks on people who I was combat with. But JUST before I slit this one guys throat, he says, "You can't hide from me."

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
Mariner said:
Moloch Sacrifice said:
Also, I don't know if it is a glitch or just a balancing issue, but when playing Skyrim, I found that by sneaking whilst wearing shrouded boots, I made myself completely invisible to Falmer enemies, allowing the to be killed easily. What was even funnier was that I could sneak right next to one and rack up a ridiculous amount of sneak xp at zero risk.
Actually, Falmer are blind and use sound to search for enemies.

I believe your situation is because the boots made your sneak just good enough to not be heard by the Falmer.
hmm... probably just a balancing issue then. I can't imagine Bethesda intended Falmer to be walking infinite sneak xp farms. Still, it doesn't stop it being 100% bona fide awesome.

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
Spending ages lining up a shot to take off an Enclave Officers head in Fallout 3, and the guy suddenly dissolved into a pile of limbs attacked by stringy bits. His two guards yelled then somehow exploded (possibly stood on a mine?) At this point their mind controlled Deathclaw turned and charged at me then suddenly blasted off into the sky Team Rocket style. All I could think to do was holster my rifle and walk away.....

Consequently everywhere I fast traveled afterwards one of every creature (Deathclaw Yao Guai, mole rat etc) would spawn beside me. It actually made for a great game trying to get the hell away from the carnage before the Deathclaw decided to chase me. Spawning in populated areas was even funnier. One glitch that actually added a few hours worth of gameplay just mucking about.