The Best Multiplayer Mode In Gaming

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
In the many games ive played each with thier own twists to multiplayer modes, few give me as much of a rewarding sense as...

wabbbit

Jun 15, 2011
Hidden: Source had a good MP game type.

I really liked Halo 3/Reach Zombie mode too- especially Reach as it had the lighting effects that made it awkward to see them.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I love modes where its essentially progressive point captures. Things like the maps on UT where you had to capture the beach head then work your way up into the base to disable the gun, or payload maps in TF2 I find are a great way to show off great team work. It forces both teams to keep reacting to the state of game (as opposed to say standard Team DM where someone can just hang around camping the same point) and they typically allow players on an individual level to still play in their own style.

In racing games, I quite liked the Cops and Robbers mode in NFS:HP(2010) - makes a change from the usual racing and adds a more frantic element to the game.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, GoldenEye, LittleBigPlanet co-op... Too much to choose from!

waj9876 said:
The ones where your friend turns out to be the final boss. And you're the final boss for him. So just one game then.
This one?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Random Argument Man said:
-Pretty much anything AC related.
-I also like the Gun Game mode in Call of duty. It forces you to change gaming style.

However, who can compete with classic co-op?
I love co-op! : D especially when it's both splitscreen and online because the dev could be bothered to has both. (Obligatory mention of how much I love Resistance 3.)

My faves?
Rush in Bad Company 2, it's just so fucking fun with a couple of friends and some explosives. I mean, who doesn't love piling up anti-tank mines behind their friend on a quad bike and catapulting them across the entire map? My favourite multiplayer game ever, I must say.
I loved One in the Chamber in Black Ops, because it suits me to a T, one shot one kill, and a knife. Simple but oh so satisfying when you play mind games on it.
Spec Ops from MW2 and 3 get special mention because I loved playing through missions with a friend and they offered a good challenge. Except Jugs in the Favela, that was too far but damn it I beat them anyway.
Resistance 3, co-op, multiplayer and the best motherfucking horde mode I can think of (GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMS! Hundreds of the bastards!)
I love me some Warzone in the Killzone series, I love how the mode cycles and keeps you on your toes, changing up the mode and forcing you to adapt to survive.
Openworld co-op is always welcome to me, particularly Saints Row 2 and I feel that it's all that was missding from Just Cause 2.
Borderlands gets an honorable mention because it's a multiplayer only game and I refuse to believe otherwise, and the same goes for Left 4 Dead 2.

I'll leave it there for now =]

EDIT:

Gotta add in that I also love me some Conquest/Domination in both Battlefield (especially BC2) and Call of Duty, and any similar mode is great fun for me.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
All of the metal gear solid online stuff that wasn't basic TD and even then that was fun. Seriously MGO was such an amazing online experience it's a shame they sucked ass at maintaining it and the whole download speed thing,really shit but the games were great, I'll never forget team sneak.
Also I am partial to a bit of CoD zombies, it's really fun.
And that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Terminate421 said:
Invasion!

A fine mix of Battlefield with Halo combat doing just fine!
Seconded!

Invasion mode was tons of fun. Unbalanced from here to the moon and beyond, but a blast anyway. The whole Spartans vs Elites thing had something, it was awesome.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
I will add my voice to the Infection game mode supporters; that was always a lot of fun in Halo 3 MP. The other modes I enjoyed were the Wager Matches from Black Ops, in particular Gun Game and Sticks and Stones. Gun Game was a lot of fun in forcing you to use a huge variety of weapons to win, and Sticks and Stones introduced some really frantic gameplay with just the Ballistic Knife and Crossbow - two single-shot, long reload time weapons. Tense as hell, and the tomahawk kill taking away all of the victim's points was an awesome bit of schadenfreude.

Red Faction Guerrilla multiplayer was kinda fun, too. It's always novel to get a kill by collapsing a building on someone's head.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Rumpsteak said:
Capture the flag. It's just so much fun when both sides know what they're doing.
And in Halo Reach, that's a rare thing. I'm hardly able to get set up with a team that knows CTF isn't deathmatch... or that knows the difference between defense and offense.

Capture the Flag has always been my favorite game-type in any FPS. That feeling when you have the other team's flag over half-way across the map, and you can see them still looking for you is pretty great.