The best of the worst: So bad it's good.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Recommend movies, anime, or games.

We've all seen at least one thing that was so bad that it became unintentionally hilarious. It can be through a combination of cheap poorly executed practical effects, an entire cast of bad voice actors, & unrealistic over-the-top-gore.

Good example: The Story of Ricky. (aka Riki-Oh, the non animated movie). Has everything mentioned above. Other examples: Diatron 5, Space Thunder Kids.

Middling example: Photon: The Idiot Adventures: It was supposed to be funny, but the terrible voice acting amped the comedy up to 11.

Bad example: Gremlins 2: Few would call it bad (it's awesome), the humor was intentional & not made funnier by quality issues, the effects were well executed, & the voice acting was great.

Anything by Troma fits in between good & middling, because at least half are intentionally stupid horror comedies; Poultryguist, Orgasmo, Cannibal the Musical, Redneck Zombies, Sargent Kabukiman, the Toxic Avenger, etc.

For games, I guess you'd go for a really low budget dollar bin game by an indie company with Playstation 1 graphics or older & bugs up the wazoo. For 10 minutes to half an hour, "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing" is the funniest thing ever. Someone managed to create a patch & people commented that fixing the game actually ruined what made it special.

Also, the most horrible games in existence make THE best reviews. That's why reviewers like AVGN & JonTron have huge followings.

Captcha: "Say cheese." How appropriate ^.^

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
inb4 Troll 2, The Room, Birdemic, and Plan 9 From Outer Space.

That's it, threads over folks.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I've got a few anime:

Mars of Destruction
Skelter Heaven
Garzy's Wing (Dubbed)
Master of Martial Hearts (Well, at least the first 80% of it is.)

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
Killer Klowns from Outer Space is always a favorite of mine. Pretty much any Spider/Insect movie from Scyfy.

thetoddo

May 18, 2010
FFX2. It's Jem and the Holograms: The videogame. Story is horrible but the combat system is probably the best in the FF series in terms of just fun to play. If you go in knowing the story is horribad you can laugh at it and have a really good time.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Deadly Premonition
I hate that I love that game so much. Squirrels with monkey sounds, horrible smile animations, overacted hand animations, and hilarious glitches galore!
AND it just got Greenlighted on Steam! I'm buying it as soon as it's available.

EDIT: Rocky Horror Picture Show probably counts for this thread as well. I went to a shadowcast once and it was amazingly fun.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
I'm amazed this hasn't been mentioned, but Ninja Terminator.

It's a Godfrey Ho Ninja film that's so terrible it's a goddamn masterpiece.

Trailer:
And arguably one of the most memorable scenes.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
One of the biggest problems I have with a lot of the SyFy original movies and Asylum productions is that they actively court the "so bad it's good" crowd by attempting to reproduce the experience of genuinely fun movies like "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" or "Critters."

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End for the Wii.

The graphics are bad, the gameplay is unspectacular, and the structure of levels are lazy and often lacking in logic. Despite all that, I loved this game because it's so fun pretending to swordfight an entire crowd of enemies on the Wii, and it's actually intense at times.

Also, once you finish each chapter in the game, you get to replay it with any selectable character of your choice; sort of like in Lego games except that you can only play as one character. But unlike the Lego games, replays of these chapters have the exact same cutscenes (which were already extremely awkward) as the normal playthroughs, with the sole difference that your character now replaces the normal character for that chapter.
That means you can select that Chinese pirate mistress in a mission where you were supposed to play Jack Sparrow, and in a cutscene she'll be dancing around on the Black Pearl holding a jar of dirt.

Yes, it's hilarious.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
If you're looking for the best of the worst, you can find some by watching "Best of the Worst":

ItouKaiji

May 14, 2013
If you want a bad anime then you could always go with Musashi Gundou.

It's a glorious piece of crap that goes along perfectly with it's completely shit animation.

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
Ah, The Room... So bad it cracks me up every time I see Wiseau's face...
However, it has ruined spiral staircases, spoons, answer phones, and nearly sex for me forever...
Also, on the subject of The Room, why did they use awful green/blue screen for the bits on the roof when it was his house (as far as I am aware) which actually had a roof they could have used?

More suggestions: I've found great joy in horrible music from time to time both because of the hilarity at thinking 'how the fuck did this slip the net?' and also by using it before listening to something really good, making the latter seem better. This has worked well with Jenna Rose's My Jeans, and Nicola Roberts' (from Girls Aloud) debut solo track which was called something like Beat of My Drum.

Alternatively, watch old episodes of Most Haunted with Derek Acorah and Yvette Fielding: it was terrible, sliced all the history from many buildings into one, bullshitted about ghosts, and was generally hilarious!#

Cant think of any in the games section, sadly (or brilliantly)...

Captcha: freezing temperatures
I'm in York, window open, desk fan full blast, stipped down mainlining cold drinks and still too hot...

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Video games, I've got to go with Big Rigs, it's so broken it's hilarious.

Movie-wise, a particular favourite of mine was a crap movie I saw on Greek TV called Locusts: The Eighth Plague, which combined CGI that would have embarrassed the Nintendo 64 with hilariously poor acting and a dreadful plot. I have no idea where you could find it these days though.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
game -bionic commando. if you can get by the loading times, bad voice acting lack of a plot and the dumbest twist ever it has its moments
movie- manthing. forget the avengers this is the greatest marvel movie ever created