The best taglines ever

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Winter is coming. Me and my friends watched the first season of Game of Thrones a few weeks ago and it's pretty prevelant throughout the entire series. I have no idea what this "Winter" is though. Pretty sure it's not just cold weather they're worried about. Probably comes with Orcs... Yeah. Orcs sounds pretty reasonable. >.<

I need to read the books, I have three of them and i'm barely a quarter through the first one. So many books to read, so many games to play, so many first world problems. XD
Well, in Westeros, rather than have seasons of months, their summers and winters last an indeterminate amount of years. The summer ending at the series' beginning is seven years, and thus considered particularly long. They say a long summer predicts a long winter, that will be fairly brutal.

The still grimmer aspect is the legends saying the White Walkers and Wights (the creatures seen North of the wall in the first episode) will come out with Winter.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
This ones always been a favorite, and since its not been mentioned yet...

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Not really a tagline, but still good:

Death:YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE LITTLE LIES.

Susan: So we can believe the big ones?

D: YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

S: They're not the same at all!

D: YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE ABD THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

This little dialogue has shaken my view on the entire human society. Thank you, sir Pratchett.

Jan 23, 2010
I just really liked Dark Souls tagline Prepare to die was great. Simply because Demon's Souls was widely known for it's crushing difficulty and Dark Souls tagline sure capitalized on that. Three simple words that together promise more of what you loved, if you loved Demon's Souls.

It sure sent shivers down my spine when I watched the trailer with the player dying over and over and then ending with the tagline.