The best way to make someone believe you've gone insane.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Act normal and casually be very violent to random strangers.
When others are "WHAT THE FUCK?!" either act like you have no idea what you they are talking about, or say 'if I told you, the entire space time continuum would be disrupted' WHILE KEEPING A STRAIGHT FACE.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
Kill your girlfriends father, jump into a grave and be offensive to your best friend, accidentally poison your mother then purposely poison your father then leave your kingdom to the invading Norwegians.
that should work

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Akytalusia said:
voices in your head. they eat it right up.
just what i was gonna say... i think if i were to commit a very heinous crime, i would probably start spouting out things like "GAAAAAH MAKE THE VOICES STOOOOOP!!!!!!" and stuff like that :p it could get you landed in an insane asylum, which i would assume is much easier to escape from than a prison.

Daniel Allsopp

Mar 30, 2011
Most of these suggestions are over the top. If you really want to make someone's blood run cold, open your eyes wide, grin, hang your head and quietly chuckle to yourself. If anyone approaches you, slowly raise your eyes to theirs and stare at them, then slowly reach towards them with a hand. They'll back away in fear pretty damn fast, but if they don't, grab them and pull them in close, then whisper "I want to dissect you" into their ear.

Inspired by Doctor Stein from Soul Eater.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Write extensively about how you wish you were Yoda.
Dress like Yoda.
Eat only what Yoda eats.
Sell your home and build a mud replacement elsewhere.
Etc

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Laugh madly and then perform this monologue in the middle of a crowd of people with no prompting and for no apparent reason at all. Bonus points if you just pick someone at random out of the crowd and just start the monologue at them:

Just act like the joker and people will soon start checking out which mental institution would suit you best.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
You could stand on the edge of a high place and say that space dragonflies will catch you when you jump, as you are their ruler.
Alternatively, pretend you think you're someone else.
Just because it seemed appropriate to post here: My good friend had an amazing bad idea a while ago, he said "If there's one thing you should never do, it's roll around in sugar, walk into a police station and say that eagles burned your house down."

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
Start telling people that green lantern is a good movie.All your friend's will think your nut's!

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Claim you unironically enjoyed Too Human and were disappointed to hear the sequels were canned.
I actually enjoyed Too Human and were disappointed in hearing the sequel news, honestly. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's "insane" for others to like it.

As for the thread: Seriously, don't overdo it. People do such fake acts you just have to roll your eyes, make it subtle, like creepy subtle. The best kind of horror movies aren't the overly stupid idiots, but those who are seriously just creepy in their habits and truly believe in what they're doing.

That's insanity, and you better start loving every minute of it.

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
Ways to make people think you're crazy:
1. Don't speak and maintain a neutral expression, no matter what.
2. Wear a hat made of tin foil. Whenever someone asks why, be evasive. If they try to take it off, scream until it's back on your head. Other than that, act completely normal.
3. Headbang to NPR.
4. Laugh at bad news and/or cry when someone tells a joke.

Don't do all of these. In fact, it's best to just pick once.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Bite off one of your own fingers. It instantly convinces your friend that you're crazy.

Naturaly you can only do this to a maximum of 10 times.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Devil said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Claim you unironically enjoyed Too Human and were disappointed to hear the sequels were canned.
I actually enjoyed Too Human and were disappointed in hearing the sequel news, honestly. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's "insane" for others to like it.
Haha, I know that there are in fact people who enjoyed the game. But on this website - and, perhaps, the internet at large - it's a good way to make people think you've fucking lost it. It is not indicative of you or the game itself, it's just how people happen to act. People like me, yes, but I'm fickle.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
find some depressing/nihilistic phrase like "were all shit" and scream it over and over again while cutting yourself.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
One of my sisters x factor and jerry springer loving friends told me I was stupid for playing video games. I told her they stop the voices in my head, that tell me to kill, in a really serious voice. Then I stared at her until my sister came in with coffee and acted like it never happened.

Fun times.