The best way to make someone believe you've gone insane.

Pig Mazurka

Mar 28, 2011
When in the company of someone else just ignore them and talk to yourself of nonsense as fast as you can without slipping up.

It'll work. Trust me.

And for added effect, if they end up yelling to get your attention just scream back at them, 'WHAT?' and while they're talking to you stare directly past them and just continue talking to yourself.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Just be sure to mention that "Ever since I got laid off at the post office, I've been feeling... a little... disgruntled..."

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Shivarage said:
Put underwear on your head and stick two pencils up your nose

then say "wibble"
I lol'd.

Also, when I entered this thread, it said 101 replies. There is a joke in there somewhere[footnote]For those who don't see it, I'm talking about an "Insanity 101" class[/footnote].

OT: Topic-jump. Topic-jump like an ADHD kid who just had four shots of coffee, straight shots, none of this "mixed in with my milkshake" crap.

werefish5

Feb 24, 2011
What works for me is laughing uncontrolably. Don't fake it. Actually find something that makes you laugh every time you hear it, then remind yourself of that. If they ask what you're laughing at, say something absolutly silly. What works for me is, "Tuesday's coming. Did you bring your coat?" I'm pretty sure that at least one of my friends thinks I'm on the drugs. Sometimes coffee or sugar helps, but that's just for me.

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
suicide samurai said:
Durring your vacation time from work, apply for jobs and show up drunk, saying you're too over-qualified to be there and had to "dumb down."
Easily my favourite idea.

I don't have any really good ideas to get people to think you're "insane," but I can give you tips on how to make them think you've got homicidal tendencies.

Drauden

Jun 2, 2010
I just saw Bad Liutenant with Nicolas Cage, and snorting coke or doing any sort of drug seems to get you crazy enough.

Don't do that though.

ZodiacMaster101

Jul 6, 2010
I start speaking gobiddly gloop while doing facial expressions and hand gestures that make it look like i'm being possessed by a demon

Darkguy89

Aug 30, 2010
Just start randomly quoting things and make the quotes as stupid and messed up as possible that seems to work

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Act like you are strangling a cat infront of someone for no apparent reason.

Darkguy89

Aug 30, 2010
concrete89 I tried to do something like that and all that happened was a bunch of old men started following me

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Speak to yourself in a paced and rushed way, heavily breathing.
Example:

*while speaking fast and panting*
Quoting Portal 2's Space Core:
"Space! SPACE. What is your favourite thing about space? Mine is space. OH GOD. Space cops. Help space cops. HELP!"

That is enough to make even ME fudge my pants, if I am alone with the guy who is doing it.

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
Crack your neck a lot, and practice your maniacal laugh. Oh, and it doesn't hurt to have full-on conversations with yourself about the weirdest things either. Be sure to use different tones for the voices in your head!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Smile a lot, shake uncontrollably, talk to yourself and pretend you're a Chaos disciple. "DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?"
mionic said:
Smile. Big. Always.
I did that when I was a student-librarian to scare little kids and because I was kinda pissed off.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
1)Good evening, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the HAL plant in Urbana, Illinois, on January 11th, nineteen hundred ninety-five. My supervisor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you would like, I could sing it for you.
"Daisy, Daisy give me your answer, do,
I'm half crazy, all for the love of you..."

2)Have a coversation and halfway through it suddenly get really aggresive

3)Draw a face on a tin can and say to people "Isn't my daughter beautifull?"

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Dunno if it's already been said but:

Put underpants on your head, stick two pencils up your knows and say "wubble"

Hamburger_Time

Apr 15, 2010
Jump out at your friend and sing at the top of your voice "THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IS HERE IN MY MIND!" then, "I'M OFF MY MEDS!" And proceed to run out the nearest door. Also wear a tinfoil hat, that's a nice touch.

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
Follow a random person around a shopping centre, every time they enter a shop sit by the main entrance holing your head and rocking back and fore. Bonus points if you dress like a homeless person and talk to yourself.

Poke everyone who talks to you before reply to them, to make sure they're real and not imaginary people.

Visit the sea/lakeside in winter wearing only your bikini/trunks, when someone asks you if your ok shout a few lines from shakespear, strip and run away laughing.

Get a bit of card, draw yourself on it and right a few random details with 'certified sane' at the top.

Dont walk on the cracks!

Only walk on the white parts of a zebra crossing.

Tell random people in the street that 'you know what they're up to' 'you know what they did' or accuse them of following you.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
I forget where I heard this but a great way to stop people sitting next to you on a bus/train is as they come closer to the seat you give them a really intesnse stare, a massive grin and say, "I've been saving this for you," as you pat the empty seat next to you.

Not tried it but sounds hilarious.

Captcha: title tplattur