The Big Picture: Combat Evolved?

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
I'm looking forward to seeing more of those oh so stylized faces.

I'll overlook the fact that one or two traded their eyebrows for awesome.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
It is interesting. I will give you that.

also saying your employers are maybe batshit loco is not the way to go. That is what got me fired from my second job.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I love reading too much into things.

Also...Movie Bob is the one to get a second show? No offence ment but...Movie Bob?! Da fuck?

Can't wait for that Hit with an Axe spin off...

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
I think it's quite the opposite, we don't notice because we have gotten to a point where the majority are not fearful of difference in race and culture

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
The covenant cant be veiwed as narrow mindedly as "they are the bad guys and are evil". Im sure you should have picked up that there is no black and white good or evil in anything.

When chizzled down to the bone, they a a group of people with a vision that they feel strongly about, not evil.

But the rest of the stuff in the video I agree with.

Kahnmir

Nov 18, 2009
I never really thought Halo was supposed to be that complex, I always just thought that the extent of its complexity was shooty shooty bang. Oh, and teabaging -.-

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
nice, looking forward to more of the new show.
oh and where was that footage of the guys eyes turning blue from?
i've only played halo 1+2 so if its from 3 or reach, that would explain why i havent seen it.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
YAY!!!

i'm so glad that moviebob is doing more stuff. once a week is not often enough for me (yes, i'm a moviebob fangirl. i'm proud of it, too), and it's nice to give him a forum for the off-topic rants that come up in his movie reviews. :) good call, escapist.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
dex-dex said:
It is interesting. I will give you that.

also saying your employers are maybe batshit loco is not the way to go. That is what got me fired from my second job.
He was joking.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Has it crossed bobs mind that maybe their isn't some big ugly subtext and maybe the reason for all the different creeds and colours of the enemies is to give you more variation in the things you shoot at?

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Bob, I love you. Absolutely love you. I now have three shows to look forward to on this site. Its about damn time that the videos became prevalent for me again.

monnes

Sep 23, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
Also...Movie Bob is the one to get a second show? No offence ment but...Movie Bob?! Da fuck?
I've always thought escape to the movies was one of the most popular shows on this site, maybe I was wrong.. Although as a critique, this show is fairly similar to another one he's doing for screw attack called The Game Overthinker.

Pretty good stuff though, looking forward for more of this.

Techmech

Sep 29, 2010
Yay, now I get twice as much Movie Bob in my week. Jubilations :)

That said I don't think Bungie are racists or anything, I just think they are terrible story writers. (Try reading some of the actual Halo novels like Fall of Reach, which is in terms of narrative about a billion times more interesting then all the Halo games combined.)