The Big Picture: Favorite Ms. Take - Part 2

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
Bob, I have finals next week, I'm technically not using my brain cells for anything that doesn't involve Faulkner. Kudos for (briefly) saving me from that Southern writer, also I've gone cross-eyed.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
I... I really don't know wtf was that. I knew the House of M was fucked up but... ugh. And the whole Norman Osborn thing? I don't even...

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
MovieBob said:
Favorite Ms. Take - Part 2

What happened to Ms. Marvel after that whole baby thing.

Watch Video
Hey, any chance that you could do a video on Todd McFarlane's Spawn? Please?!

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I don't think I'll ever get around to reading comics, not with these ridiculous continuity issues.
But that's what makes it fun!

Well, okay, that's what makes it fun in the hands of writers who know what they're doing. Claremont used to be like that - his run on the X-Men was really good for a really long time, even if, in the end, the book did collapse under the weight of a billion unresolved subplots.

The problem isn't continuity in itself, the problem is writers not being selective about what's important and should be referenced and just throwing in everything, or piling on new subplots before they resolved the ones they already had.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
I find myself wondering what the age difference is between Ms. Marvel and Spider-man.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
I've been following you a while Bob but I've just now thought of this question. Do you follow any comics monthly? I really started with paper comics with Secret Invasion. After that I tried to follow a lot of running series and ended up follow X-Men and Invincible Iron Man. How do you manage so many (monthly?) separate comic publications?

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
I noticed your eyes crossed just before mentioning the 3rd Summers brother Vulcan. Yeah, he needs his own episode.

Kudos on this. It's admittedly less weird when you realize that was 30 years of a character history in 5 mintues. Granted about half that time was her Starjammer time, and those guys may as well have been faceless minions for all the character development they generally got, but wstill, it's a lot of ground to cover, with a big pot hole or two near the end.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Fappy said:
Is it sad that I have been reading Avengers books for almost a decade now and I didn't even know she died during Dark Reign? Lol.

I'm so glad Bendis is fading away.
So is everyone else. Now if only that titanic jackass Quesada would go away and take his hatred against marriage with him.

elitestranger1

Nov 20, 2009
brain hemerage

having to read wikipedia to get into batman and still not knowing half the backstory even though i started from year one is bad enough but trying to absorb these comic episodes just hurts my head and i had to watch it twice to catch what flew over my head.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
My mind, I think you broke my mind.
Seriously, is Norman Osborne in charge of everything?

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
zombie711 said:
wait, Rouges powers only drained mutants? I thought Rouge drained the energy from anyone she touched.
She does, she can absorb the powers, energies, memories, knowledge, talents, personality and physical abilities (whether superhuman or not) of another human being (or members of some sentient alien races) through physical contact of her skin with the skin of the other person.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Rogue_%28Anna_Marie%29_%28Earth-616%29

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
I think that thus far this is may be the weirdest of the COMICS ARE WEIRD episodes, and that's saying something.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Subject7 said:
This is why I stopped reading comics.
Join the club. I still kind of like finding out about the storylines occasionally (in summary form) just to have a vague idea what's going on, but I can't stand actually reading the mainstream Marvel/DC comics myself anymore because of all the nonsense like this. Whenever I feel a need to read comics, I go grab something self-contained that doesn't have all this continuity clusterfuckery, like Astro City or something like that, or I fill in gaps in my collection of things like Transmetropolitan. All the fun of reading comics with none of the hassle of dealing with retcons every 20 minutes and several decades of incomprehensible, self-contradictory backstory.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Something just entered my brain through my eyes and ears but I have no idea what it was...

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
As a fan of Marvel Comics I had no problem following any of that.

That said I was genuinely surprised when he said they were hooking Ms. Marvel and Spider-man up. I didn't notice anything like that in the comics. That and Rogue only absorbing mutant powers, I thought that was never the case.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Damnit Bob, yes I was! I have exams to do!!! I need those braincells!!

(should get off the escapist and study...)