The Big Picture: If the Oscars Were the VGAs

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
The only gaming related thing I want to do with Spike TV's VGA's is bludgeon everyone involved in making it to death with an actual Saints Row 3 dildo bat.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
If the Oscars Were the VGAs....

Famous movie making companies will spam their fans twitter accounts saying "Vote for **** as the most anticipated movie of the year", then later they will spam again saying "you can vote daily for this, so vote for **** in daily basis". Then loyal fans will spam the voting system for their favorite movie making company.

At the end, the winner will say "Hooray we won!" and try to forget that the results never shows the actual count of people who are anticipated about their movie.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
Stabby Joe said:
I still surprised people take it seriously. At least with some people I know in real life and online, the Game Developer's Choice awards and the Interactive Arts and Sciences awards were followed with more credibility.

Even the Video Game BAFTAs is better than the VGAs despite it's odd choice of categories and nominees sometimes.
I don't know about "Game Developer's Choice awards", but "The Interactive Arts and Sciences awards" is actually something really worthy.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
Sporky111 said:
I felt more sorry for Hideo Kogima when he was on the VGAs. He looked completely lost, as if he'd just been dropped into it with no rehearsal.

Also, Charlie Sheen? CHARLIE SHEEN!? Come on, at least make an attempt to keep it within the games industry. They could have brought in Vin Diesel, what with his roles in Wheelman and the Riddick series, and still appealed to both their Spike/Gamer demographic and the rest of the gamer demographic.
He was there because of his character as TIM.... I guess....

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
hideo kojima didn't have to attend... It's not like he was under duress.
or was he....
Female news voice: *...And in another news story hideo kojima was kidnapped from his home last week only to show up bound and gaged at the VGAs in the trunk of Jason Statham's car. Some are saying it was an elaborate stunt to draw attention to the newest videogame edition of "The transporter III" by Rockstar games which will be out later this fall.*

If the Oscars were the VGAs Jason Statham would be the limo driver. for. every. single guest. He's just that good... >.>

Now if you'll excuse me I have to figure out which of the 8 broken quests I have in my quest log I'm going to do in Skyrim...

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
That's why I avoid the VGA like the plague. This coming from someone who loves, and grew up with, video games. There sould be better people to run VGAs then Spike.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
If the Oscars were the VGAs, Watchmen would lose Best Superhero Movie to X-Men Orgins: Wolverine.

*Shudder*

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
If the Oscars were the VGA's, Twilight would win every award.

Oh wait, we have MTV for that!

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
If the Oscars were the VGA's...

micheal bay would win awards for best cinematography and shia leboof would win best actor.

i feel dirty just typing that, i need a shower....

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
If the Oscars were the VGAs, films like Inception, Social Network, etc. would not exist, and there might have been a sequel to Avatar consisting of nothing but that fight scene at the end.

... Oh, and I would have an even bigger reason why to never, EVER watch TV. Ever.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
I'm getting more than a little sick of Bob's uber geek crap here. We all know the VGAs are a fucking joke, but Bob's constant dismisal of the current state of the industry is more than a little grating. Nintendo doesn't rule the world anymore, more people are into games than just reclusive geeks, and the industry is thriving. The man needs to accept the fact that the vast majority of FPS players aren't the villainous jocks from every nerd movie ever made. There needs to be more than one voice of reason and wisdom on this site because Bob's constant dismisal and even belittleing of the FPS genre and its fans is wearing out its welcome.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Vault101 said:
Jennacide said:
Nice jab at the Mark Hamill fiasco. I refuse to ever watch the VGAs, I'm not giving the drivel ratings, but I heard about Tara Strong's super angry tweet about what they did to him. Which brings up two questions: why would you disrespect MARK FUCKING HAMILL, and what in the living hell was the cast of the Jersey Shore even doing there?
what did they do to mark hamil?...

and jersy shore??

.....fuck....just

...fuck
Tara Strong posted a very angry Tweet mentioning what happened, it was never on camera, but a few people there reinforced her claim. Basically, they put the morons from Jersey Shore in the front row, who don't even fucking belong there, and she and Mark Hamill were in the very last rows, when they had actually been in one of the biggest games of the year. She was accepting that maybe she doesn't have as much star power, but Mark Hamill is a pop culture icon.