The Big Picture: Junk Drawer Revisited

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Moeez said:
Primus1985 said:
WTF what the hell is wrong with Youngblood? I own many Youngblood comics including the first five issues. I like the style, the grittiness, and compared to other titles of the time was a bit more mature.

Must be his whole "The 90's sucked" mindset. I'll grant you not a lot of good came out of the 90's but not everything that was from that decade sucked.
Not sure if serious, but you know Rob Liefeld? Dude is the most hated comic artist in the industry. Also, Linkara reviewed it [http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/7134-youngblood], and he only reviews bad comics.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BlsLZY4Qci8/TSOY27s92XI/AAAAAAAABUs/qdbbmA4k0qU/s1600/woman-Liefeld.gif

If you can't see what is wrong with his drawings, god bless you.
And here's where it starts...

Yes I am serious.

Yes I know Rob Liefeld, I defend his work every chance I get, and will continue to do so till I die.

As for the pic...Yes her spine is a bit thin I'll grant you, but the curve isnt so bad I mean hell she's obviously bending one way and turning another so from our angle it looks off but its not really. Hell I can imagine alot of women can bend like that.

Also if your focus is on the curve of her back your obviously focusing on the wrong curves ;)

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Kudos on mentioning good old Bruce.I just hope Sam Reimi decides to wrap up the Warcraft movie a bit faster(which is gunna suck lets face it) and make the new Army of Darkness that rumours have been swelling about.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
I have been saying the exact damn thing about The Dark Rises on other forums. Nice to know more people think the same way.

I like these kinds of episodes. Clearing things up that should be answered but in its own each doesnt deserve their own episode.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Thank you so much for the perspective bit on Fillion, I love the guy, but he is past his prime (not to say wahlberg would be better for drake) and no matter how much I love him I am still fine with his slightly nerdy meta bits in Castle (its alright).

Also the tanuki suit was made to fly back in the day simply because they thought it would be fun, the director for the game made a comment on it at this last e3 and that to me is totally cool.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Moeez said:
snip

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BlsLZY4Qci8/TSOY27s92XI/AAAAAAAABUs/qdbbmA4k0qU/s1600/woman-Liefeld.gif

If you can't see what is wrong with his drawings, god bless you.
Jesus Christ! Her spine collapsed under the weight of her chest! God, that looks painful!

edit: reminds me way too much of the art style from aeon flux

too little stomach

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I bought Big Trouble in Little China last week... It was awesome. I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner.

Heath Ledgers death did not affect my view on the movie. I enjoy movies for what they are, not for what happens around them.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i wish people would stop talking about heath ledger like hes some sort of acting god. he did really well and its a shame that he died but to say that no other actor could have done as good a job as he did, is just stupid

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Am I the only one who's actually been satisfied by Duke Nukem? It's pretty much met my expectations 100%. Maybe that's because my expectations for it weren't particularly high to begin with, but still. I wanted to own it for the historical significance that the game has in the industry for it's ridiculous development time, and I wanted to play it in order to avoid my purchase being a complete waste, and really, I haven't found anything worth complaining about except for maybe the terrible load times, but even then I've put up with worse. Yeah, it's a relic, but then again I'm not very fond of the vast majority of modern day shooters anyway.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
I'm holding Dark Knight Rises up to Batman Begins, not The Dark Knight. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
I actually prefer Jedi to Empire, so I'm hoping that carries over to the Bat-films.

I hope for a Green Lantern sequel and while I think Bob is probably right, my blue ring says "all will be well". As for DC's reboot, I'm just going to enjoy the ride and be thankful Joe Quesada has nothing to do with it.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Primus1985 said:
And here's where it starts...

Yes I am serious.

Yes I know Rob Liefeld, I defend his work every chance I get, and will continue to do so till I die.

As for the pic...Yes her spine is a bit thin I'll grant you, but the curve isnt so bad I mean hell she's obviously bending one way and turning another so from our angle it looks off but its not really. Hell I can imagine alot of women can bend like that.

Also if your focus is on the curve of her back your obviously focusing on the wrong curves ;)
Her spine isn't 'thin', it's downright impossible. No human being could ever come even CLOSE to bending like that, not even the most skilled contortionists could pull off an angle like that and live. Her stomach is so thin that there's no room for her internal organs to possible fit in it. Hell, I can't even oggle the curve of her ass, because her whole body looks just so wrong that I can't get my mind past the fact that she looks like someone tried to cross a snake with a human and it came out horrifyingly wrong. The fact that she's half turned towards the camera only makes the angle even more impossible. Seriously, a stiff wind could blow her way and it'd probably snap her spine in two, that's how fragile and thin her waist looks. That's just downright horrifying.

If all you want to do is stare at her ass, you know there are plenty of curvy women to be found on the internet who are actually drawn well, right?

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
As a 90's kid, I can officially, confirm, Youngblood did suck. Very much so. And so does Liefeld.

As for Fillion, I imagine if we were to put him in big movies, much more fomulaic, generic Blockbuster stuff, we wouldn't like him nearly as much as the smaller, crazier stuff we have him in now. And it's not like we don't have him in lots of stuff. Firefly, Castle, a variety of other stuff. I'm happy.

As for DKR, sure, I'll be fine so long as it's both good, and closure on the trilogy which Nolan has promised.

Srdjan Tanaskovic

Oct 20, 2010
Kumagawa Misogi said:
Nope Daredevil, Hulk, Spiderman 3 and Superman returns all made money and yet are not getting sequals but "reboots". Cause people saw them and then were disappointed and the same is happening with Green Lantern.
and Transformers says otherwise

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Bob, if you want my advice (which you probably don't because...who the hell am I, right?)

...You gotta lay off the anger a bit. I know you're a critic, I know it's not your job to just talk about things you love and have nothing but good things to say but...After the Green Lantern review and pretty much every single category you touched on today, it's coming across as a bit whiny and you might wanna ease up a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I like you, I think you're good at what you do. But maybe spend a few Big Picture episodes discussing something you like rather than just something to complain about, or maybe a couple more positive films here and there on Escape to the Movies (Cars 2 this week, hopefully that'll be good)

ZPowers

Feb 8, 2011
Yeah, I was never the hugest "Big Trouble in Little China" fan personally, but it's not the first time I've disagreed a bit with Bob. I guess that tends to happen between two autonomous humans with independent thoughts and feelings. I've noticed is usually* not a big deal.

*unless the disagreement is over something that will potentially cost lives, which I don't think Big Trouble in Little China is. Yeah, I'm looking at my notes here and it definitely isn't going to kill anyone.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I have never understood why people were so hot for Nathan Fillion to play in an Uncharted movie... mind, I've never really understood why people thought Uncharted would make a good movie in the first place.

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
I have seen Big Trouble in Little China. It's a fun flick.

I bought Duke Nukem Forever simply because I liked Duke Nukem 3D. I more or less got what I paid for. I wish that I would've waited a few weeks before purchasing it to get it used. I would've been happier if it released with a $40 pricetag. I'm glad that Dead Rising: Off the Record and EDF: Insect Armegeddon are aiming for the mid-range price. This holiday season is not going to be good for any gamer's wallet.