The Big Picture: Monster's Movie

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Wait, I've heard this story before, but I could have sword I heard it from this show. Deja Vu, that or... can people please stop making changes to the Matrix, the repetition is getting annoying.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Reality is officially stranger than fiction. (Beat that, Grant Morrison!)

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
I knew this actually happened, but I didn't know anything about any of the actual movies. Just when I thought life couldn't get more surreal...

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
My mind = Blown. It's completely bat***t insane stories like this that makes this world a fun place to live.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I had heard about the fact Kim Jong kidnapped someone to be his personal director somewhere, but I can't remember where. The idea that the director had the courage to basically give Kim Jong the finger in his own movie is awesome though. It's also nice to hear that he and his wife were able to escape, even if it took years to do so.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Is it bad that I'm a bit more surprised that it was the same guy who did "The Three Ninjas"?

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
It's strange how out of all the "big bad guys" of our generation, this guy was... probably talked about the least, or at least, wasn't in the media or wasn't what EVERYONE was talking about like Osama bin Laden and the like... And yet, what an eccentric guy he was!

Jan 27, 2011
HIS BIRTH WAS HERALDED BY A DOUBLE RAINBOW?!

...Well, now we know what it means...XD

And man...this story is insaaaaaaane. He KIDNAPPED a guy to make him some communist godzilla movies?! REALLY? That's just plain insane.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009

brilliant. Bob, this was one of the best informative episodes of the Big Picture that i have seen in a long time (not say your show is bad. Its great)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I knew of that story but not the full detail. Man he's the same guy who made those kid ninja films? They must of mess him up that bad for him to make more of those films.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Already knew this one, but it's still great to have a video to show folks who are unawares. Thanks Bob!

TheDudeEM

Mar 1, 2011
Despite how crazy this story was I had no problem believing it...at all. And Kim had done a lot more crazy stuff too.