The Big Picture: MovieBob: FAQ

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
MovieBob: FAQ

MovieBob answers some of viewers' most frequently asked questions.

Watch Video

Jang

Mar 21, 2009
Aaaaah... Another batch of questions answered I've been wondering about, in spite of me never bothering to send an e-mail.
Long live lazy ^^

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
We have an eerily similar taste in hobbies, alcoholic beverages and just about everything except favorite animal.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
*before seeing it*

Oh wow, this should be interesting. Most people complain to MovieBob about a lot of things, some of the crap but others quite legitimate. Many have also agrued that Bob primarily uses straw man arguments, and doesn't tell the full side of the story, just so he can make himself look right. I wonder if he'll do it here...

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Woot my favortie movie quote is from Robo-COp. "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Greenshoes

Aug 22, 2009
Troll Hunter! Go Norway! Wohoo!

More to the point, I recently saw it, and I grinned stupidly at the screen for 90 minutes, see it if you have the chance.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Well, that answered almost every question I have about Bob, except 1... your early Escape to the Movies episodes were censored, but the newer ones are. Who decided on that?

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Most of MovieBob haters are Halo fans. Anyway. Bob now that you mention foreign movies, you should do an episode about classics. You know, best classics of a certain genre. Counting on that!

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
So, that was actually kind of fun... Except for the parts related to sex, those I didn't care for. I like baking, too, actually! It's fun, and satisfying!

Also, anyone who hates dogs can go screw themselves.

LoorTheDarkElf

Jun 22, 2008
I love this feature. Thank you for the great and entertaining content Bob. See ya on the weekend for Escape to the Movies. :)

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Greenshoes said:
Troll Hunter! Go Norway! Wohoo!

More to the point, I recently saw it, and I grinned stupidly at the screen for 90 minutes, see it if you have the chance.
Being a slight narcissistic patriot that picture of a Norwegian film made my heart almost skip a beat. Norway! Norway!

I love positive Norwegian references in international media. We don't get that a lot.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
About comic continuity: Yes, with long running titles it's almost impossible to escape continuity. That comes with the territory of having been around so long. However, every now and then a series will have a good jumping-on point for new readers. Marvel, for example, is doing their .1 issues with exactly that idea in mind. The only one out so far is Iron Man 500.1, but it did a really good job of highlighting the important parts of Iron Man's past (and in a clever way - Tony Stark was telling his story to an Alcoholics Anonymous group). There are plenty of other examples of this (namely when a series starts over at issue #1). And some writers (like Matt Fraction of the previously mentioned Iron Man), understand that every comic is someone's first, and write considering that.

Then you have newer series popping up that don't have that continuity issue. Sure, these tend to be non-super hero books that don't take place in the Marvel or DC universe, but many of them are really good (and some would argue better).

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
That really did go by fast (this whole night is...but that's unrelated).

Would love to see an extended show answering FAQs. Don't know why, I just find it interesting. Then again, I love me some random trivia knowledge, so there's probably a connection there.