The Big Picture: MovieBob's Junk Drawer

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
4: Glad to see you calling out Sony for that DS comment.
I dont really think it was that much of a "calling out" as it was, or at least sounded like, a somewhat approval of a marketing tactic, and than Bob stating the, quite obvious, feelings of nearly everyone on the planet that say Marcus of the PSP commercials should be kicked in the teeth... repeatedly.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
crudus said:
Yeah, I say the 2000s sucked for the very same reason.

HankMan said:
The Joker of the Sea?
I'm not sure weather that ruined dolphins for me, or made made them that much more awesome.
Yeah, they kill things for fun. They are assholes.
So do humans. Point being?

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Well clearly its because Sharks can't jump through hoops when we told them to the reason we prefer dolphin.

Oh well at least Shark have Remora to cheer them up

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I can get not liking the 90s because they sucked for you personally (and hey as a geek 90s teenager I totally understand), but objectively looking at the decade the 90s kicks the crap out of the 00s. We had hope and innovation; it was when the 'net first started taking off, computers started being able to do more then display text and clunky bitmaps, it was the 90s that saw the fall of the USSR, it was the 90s that showed promise with peace accords all over the world (that fell apart of course, for the most part at least, but at least it was looking like good), sure there were things that sucked about the 90s (a lot of the music for one, some horrible wars in Africa and Europe) but compared to how the 00s "the dawn of a new millian" it was a golden age.

I spent most of the 00s in a constant state of depression about how bloody horrible the world was getting, wars, terrorism, reality tv, stock market crashes, economic crises, Michael Bay movies, etc. etc.

So yea, I think that's my issue with the "90s sucked" image. You're totally correct that the 80s however are the best decade.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
A. I didn't say humans weren't assholes.
2. Dolphins are more deserving of a horror movie than probably anything else of the sea.
C. I can't think of any other animal that kills for enjoyment.

darthmocha

Mar 28, 2011
Does the George C. Scott movie from the 1970's, Day of the Dolphin, count as a killer dolphin movie?

I mean part of the premise, in all seriousness I could not make this up, is that the dolphins are trained to carry out political assassinations with underwater mines.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
The Joker of the Ocean? Totally agree. Of course I'm an Australian so I distrust all animals out of the desire to keep my red bits inside my pink bits, but damn Dolphins are evil shits, and that actually makes the case that they are almost as smart as people more believable to me.

When I thought they were all cute and nice I dismissed the idea they were smart, when I learnt what evil little bastards they were I was suddenly a lot more accepting about their intelligence, after all humans didn't get to the top of the food chain by being the "fittest" we got their by being the meanest, nastiest, most inventive bastards around thanks to our intelligence, and any other intelligent creature would likely act in a similar manner.

lralowicz

Sep 8, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
crudus said:
Yeah, I say the 2000s sucked for the very same reason.

HankMan said:
The Joker of the Sea?
I'm not sure weather that ruined dolphins for me, or made made them that much more awesome.
Yeah, they kill things for fun. They are assholes.
Well... People are assholes as well. No one denies that. :)

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
The Simpsons did the killer dolphin thing already as a threehouse of horror

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Why do I get a feeling that we will see Dolphins related B rated horrors movies from The Asylum?

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
darthmocha said:
Does the George C. Scott movie from the 1970's, Day of the Dolphin, count as a killer dolphin movie?

I mean part of the premise, in all seriousness I could not make this up, is that the dolphins are trained to carry out political assassinations with underwater mines.
Funny thing is some governments actually tried something like that, not the assassination thing, but the killer dolphin thing, they actually trained up kamikaze dolphins that could ram subs while covered in explosives, hunt and kill enemy divers, etc.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Yes, people are still probably gonna ***** about the next Nintendo console when they get the chance. Most of the Nintendo hate just come off like something insecure teenagers to twenty-somethings say because suddenly they're not allowed to like anything "kiddy".

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
O man Bob you mentioned killer dolphins and The Simpsons in the same episode but you forgot to mention the Simpsons Halloween special about killer dolphins. Which one was that anyway?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
crudus said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
A. I didn't say humans weren't assholes.
2. Dolphins are more deserving of a horror movie than probably anything else of the sea.
A. How about if I say "humans are assholes by default" and cover all bases on that front?
2. I'm thinking maybe...vampire dolphins with an orca as the kind of "Dracula" of the vampire dolphins. How about that?

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
So, what you're basically saying is Nintendo is going to do with their next console exactly what they've done this generation and the response and results of it is going to be a rerun of what we've seen the last couple of years?

Are you kidding? Or would you at least care to elaborate on why you think this is so certain? I mean, I agree that speculation at this point is largely useless, but how is this a logical conclusion without any refute?

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
More and more I see that Bob is a Cracked.com reader, the Dolphin thing confirms it.

I was getting a little annoyed about the 90's thing but was never caring much, and this "It's just my subjective opinion thing." nicely clarrifies the issue. I have a similar thing, only the 90's were awesome, the 00's sucked, and I'm optimistic this'll be the decade I get a kick ass job.

And I really don't like GI Joe, that nearly destroyed my faith in films as a medium.

Anyway, fun compilation episode.