The Big Picture: MovieBob's Junk Drawer

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Joker of the sea, eh? I'm sure you've all heard of a villain with good publicity, right? Here's one.

Yeah, ok, that obnoxious Sony comment could be marketable, but it doesn't change the fact that they went out of their way to trash adults who play the DS. Speaking as an adult who plays the DS- ahem- it works perfectly fine for me, and if you intend to keep trashing my tastes, perhaps I won't spend money on your over-hyped lump of plastic.

Anyway, that was fun Bob. I wouldn't mind at all if you did another one of these.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Okysho said:
Matt_LRR said:
Technically speaking Orcas are dolphins.

Porpises, at least.

-m
I'm pretty sure Orcas are still classified as whales but since they have dolphin parts are considered to be like... a hybrid.. or at least related to the dolphin...
Nope, Orcas are the largest breed of porpoise.

Matt got ya Bob... there ARE movies about killer dolphins.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Lack of Megan Fox is the only reaon I won't be paying a movie ticket to watch Transformers 3.

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
I'd just like to say that that whole "Joker of the Sa" comment, was one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
lralowicz said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
crudus said:
Yeah, I say the 2000s sucked for the very same reason.

HankMan said:
The Joker of the Sea?
I'm not sure weather that ruined dolphins for me, or made made them that much more awesome.
Yeah, they kill things for fun. They are assholes.
So do humans. Point being?
Well... People are assholes as well. No one denies that. :)
The biggest asshole in nature is the notorius honey badger. They have a bone to pick with everything unlucky enough to walk in its path. I'd watch a movie based on those badass mothers.

... or even better, a movie where dolphins and honey badgers join forces. We'd be *so* screwed.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I'm torn about the 90s. In the first half, I was an awkward teenager, but the music was good. In the second half, I was in university and had great times, but the music sucked.

As for dolphins, Denis Leary explained it almost 20 years ago:

(The dolphin part starts at 0:50)

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Redem said:
The Simpsons did the killer dolphin thing already as a threehouse of horror
Yeah I was about to say that. Also had you have enough out of B movies of a killer something? Flying piranhas was not good enough for you? Guess the market is something complicated after all?
90's finally. It's personal I get. Now bring us a big picture about... You know what, I was gonna suggest something, but I realised what I realy like about this show is that it's very unpredictble.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
HankMan said:
dex-dex said:
I can see why you think the 90's sucked.
but I still can'e believe they said that no person in their twenties would use a DS. I mean I do
You're just immature for your age dex-dex.
You don't even know how old I am!.
according to Sony yes I am also Sony can bite me!
I would post a flipping the bird but that is not really necessary

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
Please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought of this when he mentioned dolphins

As per usual, nice insight on nintendo and sony's shenanigans. I'd also like to add that the sony portable system can start professing it's adulthood status when it gets a sizable library of good games that can even compare with the DS/GBA.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Funny how they put you up the same day as Jim...(mistake, didn't know Jim was Monday, bob was Tuesday... sorry...)

Nice ep! yeh, transformers movies sux, but I couldn't think a better way to do it other than guns/explosions/armies/mini-wars, I CAN how ever do away with all the toilet jokes, and sex appeals though, but then again... how else is it going to sell?

Wow, I grew up the same way you did, and I could only think that 90's were the best... I thought the sat-morning cartoons back then were so much better in their contents then what we have today! from dark-wing, to tiny toons..X-MEN!!!! Amazing Spider-man!!!!(hella better than the spiderman unlimited crap, or the new Jacky Chen Parker as spiderman!!!not just TV, films were nice too... the START of CG graphic hype, with films like Jurassic Park, Independence Day..etc other good films with Robbin Williams in them, except one where he played as a killer (not enough funnies in it)...I thought some of the best games were made back in those days, Street Of Rage2/3, sonic3+k, Alien3(the Super NES one) Zombies ate my neighbors, ledgend of mana, FF7, chrono trigger, Xeno Gears, Halflife, counter strike(famous, but I hate it, play for a month, then I tossed it, and never bother to follow up on HL mods EVER again) DUKE3D, Quake2(and all it's mods), ONI(sooooo good, soooo under appreciated)!!! and Battle Arena Tosinden 3(same as oni... to some extent, I think it's better than Tekken3)!!!!, and I cheered the end of that amazing era with a kiss godbye with UnrealTournament99 (1999)!!! THE GAME THAT I PLAYED MOST COUNTING UP TO THIS DAY (mods/maps...etc)like the next 4 years!!! tops all other game came after it, even UT2k3, but was replaced at UT2K4 and the downfall of UT came with UT3... Don't know why... maybe just that I was a Happy-post-child teen/young adult... bah!~

I always thought douphens as penguin killers, not much different from killer whales, because I once saw it feed...scary, and vicious...

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Steve Butts said:
Matt_LRR said:
They are called whales, but taxonomically they belong to the family of ocean dolphins.
The panda is a giant raccoon!

Carry on.
Nope, it's a bear.
But I laughed anyway.

Bob: I enjoyed this one. It was like ordering a sampler plate from a restaurant. Pleasant, but not unexpectedly so.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Trump for president: I'm not American, couldn't care less.

New Nintendo console: Well, it was to expect that, in Bob's opinion, Nintendo will dominate the 8th generation just as it dominates the current one. Personally, I'm not sure. Nobody knows who is going to have the highest sales this time around. Generation 3 and 4: Nintendo. Generation 5 and 6: Sony. Who's to say Sony isn't going to strike back, or maybe Microsoft is gonna get lucky?

Taco Bell news: We don't have Taco Bell here in Belgium - and I couldn't care less. We do have Doritos, but I don't like the taste.

The Simpsons: Damn, it sure has been a long time since a watched anything from that show... Is it really still around?

PSP as an adult-oriented system: Meh. I don't really care for handhelds. But if I did, I probably would go for the wide-screen thing that plays LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Resistance and whatnot instead of going for the thing with three gimmicks.

John Chu directing G.I. Joe II: I watched the first G.I. Joe movie... And forgot about everything that happened in it during my first 10 minutes out of the theaters. Talk about bland... So yeah, don't care about the sequel.

Evil Brilliance: well now... this is random.

TF2 writers admitted it sucked: Um... Yay?

The 90s sucked: Well, yeah, a time of misery for some, a time of joy for others. That the way things go.

Dolphins are evil: Yeah, nothing new, I think we all heard that one already. Dolphins are gang-bang rapists and child killers.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Steve Butts said:
Matt_LRR said:
They are called whales, but taxonomically they belong to the family of ocean dolphins.
The panda is a giant raccoon!

Carry on.
Sadly not. They've determined that it is, in fact, actually a bear.

:p

-m

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
gphjr14 said:

Probably about as close to a killer dolphin movie you're gonna get.

Also been nice if you rapped last weeks episode up early You pretty much could've summed up Vick as a horrible person who is overpaid and undeserving of his wealth instead of ranting about a game cover and an industry based on physical prowess not ethics.
You realize that poster was IN the video right?

OT: What was that bit with Lex Luther vs. Forrest Gump? I didn't understand what that had to do with anything?

Other than that. I really liked this episode. MovieBob, you get a lot of bile around here.....but I like you. You're entertaining and informative, but not preachy or pretentious.

...Unlike that new "Jim Sterling" guy. God, that video was atrocious....

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Tempest13 said:
Please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought of this when he mentioned dolphins

Thank you sir I just found a new Avatar.

Dolphins are evil but you said nothing about Narwhals! I am pretty sure they dont have their own killer movie.

<youtube=ykwqXuMPsoc>

Aug 1, 2010
Loved it!

One thing though. I hate to break it to you Bob, but a large portion of the intelligent population don't think the first Transformers sucked, ranging anywhere from "It was ok" to "It was great!".

I fall somewhere in between, but you need to get off the assumption that everyone hated it.