The Big Picture: MovieBob's Junk Drawer

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
So do humans. Point being?
That they're assholes? This was sort of already stated.
And sorry Bob, but Simpsons still sucks.

Bilgin, ricurel. Thank you captcha.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
crudus said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
So do humans. Point being?
A. I didn't say humans weren't assholes.
2. Dolphins are more deserving of a horror movie than probably anything else of the sea.
C. I can't think of any other animal that kills for enjoyment.
House cats kill for enjoyment. Even kittens. They're more like dolphins than we think: under the cute exterior lies a psychotic killer.

loomis

Dec 2, 2010
Awesome stuff Bob. The Transformers point made me decide with out a doubt to avoid the next movie. About all are really good point.

Chucktanium

Jul 11, 2010
I really think you should do a full episode on why the 90's sucked. As a punk born at the turn of the decade, just being raised in the 90's was a spiritual black hole. I mean my God, I bet I wouldn't be anywhere as cynical as I am today if I was born 10-15 years earlier.

But then again, that didn't seem to help you...

On another topic, I think the DS has indeed lost some of the respectability that the Gameboy family carried over, but it is deffinately not some kind of toy. The PSP is cool and all, but I would never think about buying one. I think Sony is trying to sell something to an audience which DOES NOT CARE. It's called a smart phone, and millions of people have them. Mobile gaming is going to be dominated by the iphone in the coming years, and eventually yeah the DS is going to become that "babysitting tool", but the PSP is stuck in the narrow. Eventually it's not going to be able to compete in the market and die off. Let's see how that prediction works. (Mobile Gaming is Dead... All Hail Mobile Gaming!)

And Donald Trump is a sack of wicked shit. Not much to say about him.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I really feel like you could have gotten a whole episode out of exploring the deeper implications of Orca the Killer Whale. I mean, it sets an entire town on fire. It's a whale, how does that even work!?

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Naheal said:
I recall seeing something where a dolphin ended up raping something to death... it's been a while, though.
Yeah, there are a lot of videos of dolphins humping humans. I have not heard of things dying from that.

Sporky111 said:
House cats kill for enjoyment. Even kittens. They're more like dolphins than we think: under the cute exterior lies a psychotic killer.
Bugs and things sure, but I have always seen bugs get eaten afterward.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
The picture of the Dolphin face on underwater did actually look a bit evil. So point made I guess. : D

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I agree with a lot of those points.... the question I want to know is "Is it too soon to be releasing a new console?"

I know the others have been out for years, and I also know how long console generations have lasted in the past, but I don't think that the current gen is anywhere near slowing... just my two cents

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
crudus said:
Sporky111 said:
Bugs and things sure, but I have always seen bugs get eaten afterward.
Rodents and birds too. But the thing is, house cats don't need to hunt for food. They tend to have food given to them. And when my cats hunt, they usually leave it on the doorstep as a gift. And then there's the whole thing where cats play with their catch before killing it. So yeah, killing for fun.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You could probably make a good long episode out of "Why I hate the nineties" if you wanted to. It would just be a lot of flame bait and one sided objectiveness where people who dont get opinion shows or take them as facts trying to be pushed on to them can draw a line in the sand and stand there.

Also was curious if he would address the Transformers 2 sucking thing (cause you know, a great script could have totally saved that movie and made it a cinematic masterpiece. Right -_-#)

As for the G.I.Joe thing... eh? I'm actually kinda curious to see how "gritty" that guy can make it. His track record isnt exactly impressive with two step up movies (one being the one in 3D) and a JB movie, but I think it would be funny to see all the hate against him (or at least the doubt and saying he cant do it) disappear as its gritty and epic and deep and an oscar contender.

... or if it the Joes and Cobras came out and had a dance off while JB emerged from a stadium as the ground around them split open and began to sing Never Say Never and Baby with Jaden Smith and Ludacris. That would be cool to. Especially if it was the climax after a tense gritty building up of the plot.

Cooperblack

Apr 6, 2009
Mantonio said:
I'll agree on the Evil Brilliance > Dumb Goodness thing. Because a person is evil doesn't mean their existence won't be beneficial to you or the world in general. For example, if Lex Luthor was going to run the world you KNOW he would run it efficiently.
Yeah he would get the trains to run on time but there would be death camps for people with hair.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
The Oatmeal beat you to it. "5 reasons to punch a dolphin in the mouth"

it didn't go too gritty but still, punch one...

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Awesome episode - too many topics to respond to them, I'll leave that for someone with more time XD

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Bob: "Nintendo is going to do exaclty what they did last time."
Me: Nintendo's history would suggest differently. Also I think Nintendo recognise that the Wii was a poor console with a fairly flimsy gimmick and that now that the gaming audience is expecting just another gimmic console they won't be drawn into the hype. I think if Nintendo bases their next console on a gimmick and make it underpowered people just aren't going to care and it will fail. This would make me sad as I really don't want to miss out on the new Mario games.