The Big Picture: MovieBob's Junk Drawer

Kyoh

Oct 12, 2010
Musically, the 90's was the best. Movie wise, yeah I can kinda see your point.

Also, fuck dolphins.

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
Great episode. Had a lot of laughs and generally agree with everything said in this episode. Thanks for the entertainment.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Kenjitsuka said:
And remember that WW II ship drame where tons of American marines where eaten by sharks that they talk about in Jaws I? True story, Bob... So yeah, no dolphins are bad movies, but sharks can play the bad guy just fine. Cause they're bad.
Sharks feel with their mouth like you feel with your hands, on account of... they don't have hands to feel with. The sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis was a feeding frenzy. It wasn't a malicious act, it was an act of scavenging, which any predator would do. Sharks are not bad, they are beautiful creatures that just do what they do. Dolphins on the other hand... well... I heard a story about how a dolphin raped a human woman. I would link for citation, but I'm not sure about the rules on that... I mean... it's a rape video, inter-species or not...

Sharks just bite to say hello, at least they don't try to rape you :D

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
As a rule. Bottle nose dolphins do tend to be pretty placid towards humans. They're dicks to practically everything else in the see. Playing tennis with porpoises and battering fish.

But for some reason they're pretty well behaved around humans. Even in the wild.

And stories about them protecting humans from shark attacks are true. And there are quite a few of them.

Maybe they pity us when they see us floundering around in the water. Or maybe they just really dislike sharks. Who knows.

But they're generally not dicks to us.
Or they have read all our "Nuke the whales" bumper stickers and know what's coming if they don't worship and aid their evil overlords.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Good episode. Totally with you on the Wii 2 thing. It's kind of an obvious observation but for some reason that wont stop every gaming site out there from doing the exact same bullshit you said they will.

I was a diehard simpsons fan, but try as I might, I find most everything for the past few years to be painful to watch. Same is true for Family Guy though, which having been on the air for a substantially shorter amount of time, makes it all the more lame.

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
1) It's ok if Donald Trump does run for President. It's just upsetting to see the guy who's supposed to be the joke canidate, making his run based on certain subjects that are a complete joke, such as the Obama birth certificate nonsense. Also agree all what he says isn't much different from what the other canidates are saying. Just goes to show you why the Republicians are so unethusastic about them. Sure, they hate Obama, but they keep hoping for a Ronald Reagan to show up to choose to run against him. And the truth is, there will be no Ronald Reagan, because there was only one of him. Plus, they should stop looking for somebody who wants to be him, and start looking for a canidate who wants to be "better" than Reagan.

2) If Nintendo releases a new console, I have no problem with it. Nintendo isn't playing the same game that Sony and Microsoft are, so they'll probably be successful no matter what. I one of the people who are tired of them rolling out child friendly games all of the time and not appealing to older audiences, but it makes sense as to why they do so. Because older gamers can't be gamers forever and kids are much easier to get hooked on games.

3) Taco shells made from Dorritos. Might eat one. Hopefully they'll become my new favorite, since Taco Bell pi#%ed me off when they stopped making Double beef cheesy burritos. Those were my favorite, and I still miss them. Worse thing to happen in fast food, since Arby's stop making their regular home fries and only let you choose their curly fries.

4) Love the Simpsons.

5) I want the people at Sony to stop with the Marcus commercials too for the PSP. If it's a grown up device compared to the DS, then stop having a kid be it's spokesman. Plus, yeah, he's a annoying as hell.

6) Never saw the Step Up films or the Justin Biber sh*t. Don't care about them. If the director of them wants to make a GI Joe film, go ahead, but he's going to have to work hard to make it good.

7) So Bob enjoys magnificent bastards [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagnificentBastard]. I like magnificent bastards in films just as much as anybody else. Always good to watch them work.

8) Transformers 1 and 2 sucked. No question about it. If Michael Bay can somehow produce a miracle and make the 3rd film great, I'll have a changed mind about him.

9) It's ok if your opinion of the 90's sucked is subjective. I disagree that they sucked, because back then, I was a happy kid enjoying films and video games too like you were in the 80's. Teenage years are usually for everybody, "always akward." The 2000's was where my teenage years was mostly in. Or at least, where I considered myself truely a teenager, as I like to believe one doesn't really stop acting like a teen until their 23. Because as comedian Bill Maher once said, "Nobody has their sh*t together at age 22." Once around 23 or 24, you kind of got your life going in a certain direction to some degree. I was somewhat akward in the 2000's I admit, but I admit the 2000's was alright. Bad stuff happened, but good too. Oh, and I think the 80's is overrated.

10) Since I've heard Dolphin's have raped humans in the water before, I agree on the part of that they're the Jokers of the ocean. Cute jokers, but Jokers none the less.

bilkobob

May 26, 2009
Dream killer.[/quote]
Steve Butts said:
Matt_LRR said:
Steve Butts said:
Matt_LRR said:
They are called whales, but taxonomically they belong to the family of ocean dolphins.
The panda is a giant raccoon!

Carry on.
Sadly not. They've determined that it is, in fact, actually a bear.

:p

-m
Dream killer.
Koala bears are all Danny DeVito dressed up as an opossum. FACT!

edit: sorry for double quote :)

Faine'

Nov 2, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
You'd be surprised. Most mammals kill for fun.

Cats even toy with smaller animals as sport.

Wolves, coyotes other wild canines tend to kill domestic canines and cats just for kicks.

A lot of primates kill smaller primates and then use their bodies in a whole host of actives. Such as playing with it and even for some mating rituals.

We like to assign some sort of innate innocence to animals for some reason. Maybe it's because they seem to stupid to be 'evil', I dunno. But the truth is, most animals are just as cruel as we are. They just don't understand that it's wrong.
As a massive animal lover, I still agree 100% on this.

People can be quite naive when it comes to what animals are capable of. Just like humans, there are good and bad eggs in the animal kingdom, but unlike humans, they don't have a shared expectation regarding morals or ethics. There are cases where animals have demonstrated remarkable empathy, but there are also cases where animals have demonstrated cruelty and a complete lack of respect for life.

Dolphins are actually a wonderful example of this. They've been known to save human lives and have strong family bonds, but they're also capable of brutally murdering their own kind, or other species, for no apparent reason aside perhaps for fun.

That's just the way nature works, I suppose.

Loki the Fool

Feb 4, 2011
Damn Dolphins!! (South Park Voice)

This was the first thing I thought of when he started talking about the dolphins... LOL!!!

http://youtu.be/ojydNb3Lrrs

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Wow, you & I seem to agree on everything worth mentioning... well except the 90's rocked for me. I very luckily hit the ground running when it came to puberty.
Plus my high school job was working in a comic book/gaming store. Living the dream.

pubesz

May 20, 2009
Dolphins are the Joker of the oceans. Wow! That line right there made me laugh hard. I laughed, and now it makes me think. This is definitely a testament of Bob's brilliance.
Oh, and it's good to know why the "90's sucked" according to Bob.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Sporky111 said:
Rodents and birds too. But the thing is, house cats don't need to hunt for food. They tend to have food given to them. And when my cats hunt, they usually leave it on the doorstep as a gift. And then there's the whole thing where cats play with their catch before killing it. So yeah, killing for fun.
The whole leaving dead animals for you thing is your cat trying to teach you how to hunt. It is less "for kicks" and more "<a href=http://www.cat-world.com.au/why-does-my-cat>telling you you suck at catching your own food".

Abandon4093 said:
You'd be surprised. Most mammals kill for fun.

Cats even toy with smaller animals as sport.

Wolves, coyotes other wild canines tend to kill domestic canines and cats just for kicks.

A lot of primates kill smaller primates and then use their bodies in a whole host of actives. Such as playing with it and even for some mating rituals.

We like to assign some sort of innate innocence to animals for some reason. Maybe it's because they seem to stupid to be 'evil', I dunno. But the truth is, most animals are just as cruel as we are. They just don't understand that it's wrong.
Can I get a link or something? It seems like there would be something more like learning how to hunt, etc. Trying to kill something takes a lot of energy and could be potentially dangerous.