The Big Picture: MovieBob's Junk Drawer

nicky33

Apr 22, 2011
Finally a critic I like and can relate to. I look forward to
seeing your reviews again when I get out of jail. I learned the
hard way nerds shouldn't fight back...

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
hey bob, if you like the simpsons so much you'd remember in one of the treehouse horror specials, dolphins waged war on humanity. the opening scene for it was lenny doing the thing the girl at the beginning of jaws did. lenny sees the fins "ah! sharks! the predators of the sea!" then the dolphins reveal themselves "oh you're just dolphins, the jokers of the sea" then the dolphins begin to beat lenny down into the water with their faces. goooood times.

bart; "stuff their blowholes! ....ewww"

A Gray Phantom

Mar 4, 2011
The Simpsons had an episode (I believe it was part of a Halloween special that parodied Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds") that used dolphins as the bad guys.

Ahem... you're welcome.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
This rapid-fire format for various topics is incredibly awesome. Please do more of these!

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Fun stuff, well all but the G.I. Joe II director reveal...that is just depressing. The whole thing about that first movie that made it good was that it was fun and didn't take itself too seriously. Gritty is REALLY the wrong route to go with the G.I. Joe franchise. :( I was hoping for a weather machine in the next G.I. Joe movie for crying out loud! And there is no way in hell that can be pulled off as gritty.

anthagonyk

Aug 13, 2010
i think they did a movie where a dolphin was the "bad guy".It was about some telekinetic stuff but i think a human designed and put that on the dolphin head so...

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
"Dolphins are the Joker of the sea"

Must steal this Quote and use it for personal gain.

TGSaggy

Mar 31, 2010
MrDeckard said:
Loved it!

One thing though. I hate to break it to you Bob, but a large portion of the intelligent population don't think the first Transformers sucked, ranging anywhere from "It was ok" to "It was great!".

I fall somewhere in between, but you need to get off the assumption that everyone hated it.
He's not saying that everyone hated it. He's saying that it sucked monkey balls, and I happen to agree with him.

Not everyone has to hate something in order for it to still suck ass.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I'm still surprised there isn't some Black Lagoon knockoff where an army of genetically mutated (via *INSERT MAGUFFIN HERE*) drag our womenfolk to the depths to attempt to breed a land-capable porpoise army.

Why not? Every other aquatic species of note has been done short of Zebra Mussels (or seahorses).

Aug 1, 2010
TifasGettnSaggy said:
MrDeckard said:
Loved it!

One thing though. I hate to break it to you Bob, but a large portion of the intelligent population don't think the first Transformers sucked, ranging anywhere from "It was ok" to "It was great!".

I fall somewhere in between, but you need to get off the assumption that everyone hated it.
He's not saying that everyone hated it. He's saying that it sucked monkey balls, and I happen to agree with him.

Not everyone has to hate something in order for it to still suck ass.

Again, a large percentage of people (myself included) would disagree.

Justin1221

Aug 16, 2008
Man, this was a good episode.

While I don't always agree with what Bob says, I almost always love to watch his show, and I do agree with him on the Dolphins: They're terrible. Atleast sometimes, atleast some of them. They rape their females and kill others, even their infants, just for the hell/fun of it. Atleast that's what I read.

Effing Joker Dolphins. Ain't puttin' no smile on my face.

mptothedc

Jul 23, 2009
LOL dolphin jokers

I have to disagree with you on Trump. He has the number one Republican vote for 2012 elections and we know he won't be the first celebrity to make it in office... schwarzaneggar, reagan, ventura... yeah I still think we're screwed...

Anyway

dolphin jokers LOL

Xander_VJ

Nov 8, 2007
Well, I can understand that you hate the 90's so much. Not only from what you say here, but also from what you have said in other shows. Like that you suffered bullying in High School.

The thing is... you seem to have the NEED to point it out every single time you have the slightest oportunity. That's just whining. And yes, it gets annoying as hell after a while.

Specially for us people who also were teenagers during the 90s and still managed to have a pretty happy adolescence despite of it. And no, I was not in the douche bags or even the popular kids team. Trust me, it is possible.

I don't say that you should stop feeling the 90s were a terrible time for you. Just that it is annoying that you rub it into our faces so freaking often.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Hey Bob:

When are we going to get that rambling, semi-coherent, treatise about patriarchal family dynamics in the Bearenstein Bears? Yes, I did pull that from the very beginning of 2010 but come on, why not? Next Junk-Drawer maybe?

munkymp3

Dec 19, 2009
Uuuuuuuuugh...I hate it when businesspeople run for political office. It's ridiculous. Taking care of a business and taking care of politics are NOT. THE SAME. THING.

Ugh...Sony's been so douche-y lately. I'm so disappointed in them.

While I think Step Up 2 is the best of the three, I don't know how he'll go about doing an action film such as GI Joe...we'll see.

LMAO~ killer dolphin film XD It's true that they're not at all friendly. In fact, dolphins could probably kick a shark's ass if they wanted to (they do!) but they don't look threatening so...yeah.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
ORCAS ARE DOLPHINS!!!!

why does nobody remember this third grade fact?

It has a dorsal fin thus making it not a whale. Whales are 100x more gentle than any one dolphin.

anyway good episode, bob......fuck dolphins

abort_user

Aug 4, 2009
Jegsimmons said:
ORCAS ARE DOLPHINS!!!!

why does nobody remember this third grade fact?

It has a dorsal fin thus making it not a whale. Whales are 100x more gentle than any one dolphin.

anyway good episode, bob......fuck dolphins
thank you. this was bugging me reading these comments. it should be common knowledge "killer whale" is a misnomer. they are really just big dolphins.