The Big Picture: Mystery Science Theater 3000

Hyperguyver

Dec 19, 2009
Love it. MST3K is still attached to my soul. It's the only reason I haven't tossed out my VHS player. Red Zone Cuba, and I Accuse My Parents are two of my favorite episodes.

With that said, hey Bob...I found this escape pod inside a case of Hamdingers, if you ever need it.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
fembot1005 said:
This Movie Sucks is awesome! I love that show they are hilarious, even better than MST3K for the jokes but the production is way more cheap but that just makes it more funny IMO.
Nice to know another fan exists. I've been a fan of Ed since the Muchmusic days and felt this was the kind of show he was made for. The productions values both help and hinder it though. It's nice not to have the on screen antics overshadow the riffing of the film (as happened with several MSTs) but they border on lame (Liana's giantess video) to lazy (clips from old Ed Shows).

Still, at least he started a movement for fighting cheap bastard disorder.

DrDidgeridoo

Sep 6, 2010
Ah, MST3K brings back some great memories, my friend used to tape these and we would watch them at sleepovers when i was like 12. Watching it again i "get" a lot more of the topical humor, causing me to rekindle my love affair with this quirky show. Overall probably my third favorite show ever, (one and two being held by Firefly and Cowboy Bebop)
Netflix has a good library of MST3K both streaming and DVD.

sxycrow

Feb 17, 2011
Redd the Sock said:
fembot1005 said:
This Movie Sucks is awesome! I love that show they are hilarious, even better than MST3K for the jokes but the production is way more cheap but that just makes it more funny IMO.
Nice to know another fan exists. I've been a fan of Ed since the Muchmusic days and felt this was the kind of show he was made for. The productions values both help and hinder it though. It's nice not to have the on screen antics overshadow the riffing of the film (as happened with several MSTs) but they border on lame (Liana's giantess video) to lazy (clips from old Ed Shows).

Still, at least he started a movement for fighting cheap bastard disorder.
I love Ed and Ron from Much Music! I am sad they are gone and can't wait to see this new showm, I heard it is awesome.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Ummm... even though it's a tv show, I don't wanna post a link publicly. People can PM me if they want a link to download every episode and special

LondonBeer

Aug 1, 2010
Kudos Movie Bob again you rise in my estimation.

MST3K is one of the finest funniest shows Ive seen in 36 years. Some of the films are actually brilliant like Moon Zero Two, Earth versus the Spider and Diabloik. But the riffs are just too good to do without :) Im not sure todays generation fully appreciates what MST3K truly means to my generation but my daughter loved and still loves em :D. I didnt realise that Cinematic Titanic existed Ill check em out :D

As a proud digital Tape Circulator I can only hope for some change in hte law that lets it get reaired for future generations.

'The rights to the films featured in most MST3K episodes were purchased for only a few years and, in the majority of cases, those rights have expired, and will have to be renewed before the episodes can be shown on TV or released on video and DVD. In quite many cases the rights owners have set prices prohibitively high; in a few cases they are apparently doing so to suppress the episodes in which their property was ridiculed.

If the Court had overturned the copyright extension, an undetermined number of films featured in MST3K episodes might have gained "public domain" status, markedly lowering the price TV networks or video distributors would have had to pay to make those episodes available.'

Keep Circulating The Tapes

LondonBeer

Aug 1, 2010
rsvp42 said:
PhiMed said:
rsvp42 said:
PhiMed said:
This is easily the most overrated show in the history of television, and it has been a major contributor to the "I'm artsy because I shit on other people's art" movement in the U.S. The IABISOOPA movement is, as we all know, the most annoying cultural shift since the initiation of the gradual eradication of scripted television in favor of reality diarrhea.
But they were never trying to be artsy, they just wanted to make fun of crappy movies. And make no mistake: these are BAD movies. Really bad. The jokes (slow as they may have been in some episodes) actually made watching them bearable. If there is some nameable movement in America all about denigrating art, MST3K is not to blame for its spread.You have no eye for sarcasm and no sense of humor. The fact that you think I believe there is an actual movement called IABISOOPA is just mind-boggling. I believe I understand why you find MST3K amusing.
You are a confusing person. If your original post was sarcastic, then you need to learn the concept of a deft touch because that was too heavy-handed. And no, I don't believe in that movement you made up, which is why I said "IF there is some nameable movement." I was entertaining the notion that you put forth, not supporting it.

Not to mention your last sentence there, which would lead me to believe you DON'T like MST3K, therefore your first post wasn't sarcastic? So yeah, I'm a little confused where you're coming from here.
Its seems an awful lot of effort to troll though, mebbe he has some major mental malfunction?

coogs42

Oct 10, 2010
If anyone wants to watch episodes of MST3K, go on the YouTube channel tirol9. That channel is putting up full episodes of MST3K all the time

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
SkullCap said:
Werewolf "Eh, I'd take a walk" OVER TO KIRK DOUGLAS' HOUSE!
That. KILLED. me. My eyes are watering with laughter as I type just remembering it.

and no one else thought it was funny! I thought I was the only one! we should start a club, you and i.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I remember that show. It was awesome! Me and my friends have even talked about it a few times. Ahh the memories. You couldn't pay me to watch some of the movies they mocked, but I loved watching them make fun of them.

MasterNyx

Subgenius
May 29, 2008
I loved the episode, but I was kinda surprised that Magic Voice wasn't listed with the rest of the bots hehe

Mordan Freeman

Apr 14, 2010
Ever since I heard him mention this on The Game Overthinker, I have been waiting for him to bring it up here, and my wish has been granted. I've been a huge fan of Rifftrax, MST3K, and Cinematic Titanic for as long as they've existed.

I actually ended up seeing Rifftrax Live with Kevin, Bill and Mike riffing Plan 9 from Outer Space, and it was phenomenal.

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
Eastman, he came from the east to do battle with the amazing RANDO!

I've only seen the movie and it had me in stitches for the majority of it.

DaggerOfCompassion

Aug 16, 2010
The Escapist's own "Unksippable" is the same premise with video-games if anyone hasn't seen it.

Also, while the streams are technically less than legal, there's at least two live streams going on most of the time, and some archives of them on Justin.TV, just search MST3K.

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
To all MST3K fans...I bring good news...espetially for those who have compatibility issues with some of the view sites mentioned earlier on.

Go to youtube and use the search parameters 'MST3K Episodes' Alot of the episodes have turned up there...unfortunatly the gamera episodes haven't though.