The Big Picture: Mystery Science Theater 3000

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Loved MST3K, still do. The other works, such as Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic, are also hilarious.

For those of you looking for MORE MST3K style goodness, I suggest you check out "Incognito Cinema Warriors XP." They basically do the same thing, and are really funny. They have previews all over youtube and everything.

http://www.icwxp.com

Pain_Inflictor

Feb 6, 2009
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a legitimate release of all of the episodes. But as 135gb of my hard drive is taken up by the entire series I am not to shocked. perhaps they could do that whole remastering thing that's all the rage again and put them on 4 or 5 blu-rays.

Zanderman227

Jun 17, 2010
I'm almost positive it's on Netflix instant queue (aka the GREATEST INVENTION KNOWN TO MANKIND - EVER - PERIOD). So if you have Netflix, and of course, if you don't - you should - that would be a great place to watch the movie and some of the episodes, at least.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I'm glad I'm not the only one to note the similarities between this and Unskippable.

Just the mention of humour like Douglas Adams makes me want to see it and boy it does look good. Looks quirky, sounds fun. Cheers Bob for bringing a comady gem to our attention.

(Do you think they changed it to SyFy in the hopes none would associate it with geeks any more? And if so, why would they do such a thing?)

FireDr@gon

Apr 29, 2010
Love the show - I prefer it when you cover a concept rather than a show though :) Also i dont know WHO has been saying they like the "-INSERT MEDIA HERE - is weeeeiiirrrd" thing, but it annoys the hell out of me. Just sayin.

Apature_Science

Mar 18, 2011
Dispite only experiencing the magnificance of MST3K on DVD, I fully agree with Bob. Although, I think the humour is much eaiser to get into than you inplied, I 'lol-ed' instently when I saw the film, and the episodes can be even better.

'Joel says when you got lemons, you make lemonade - la la la!'

ScumbagEddie

Mar 29, 2011
I grew up with that show. I have every episode that still exists backed up on 4 computers. 135 Gb per computer, I shit you not

DeepwellBridge

Mar 17, 2011
Glad you are sending some much needed love to MST3K! I have watched many a riff trax and haven't been disappointed yet! It sure made the first three Star Wars movies a little more bearable.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
To everyone here, if you haven't already, watch the MST3K episode "Space Mutiny." It will change your life. And Big McLargehuge demands it.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Nightfalke said:
Blast Hardcheese!
Punch Rockgroin!
Slab Bulkhead!
Dirk Hardpeck!
Buff Hardback!
Crunch Busttsteak!
Big McLargehuge!
Roll Fizzlebeef!
Bob Johnson! Oh wait.

Seriously. Greatest. Show. EVER!!!!
If you haven't watched one, google the Space Mutiny episode. The whole episode is on google video. It's my favorite and it'll help make sense of the jokes I, Nightfalke, and others have made. Now MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!!