The Big Picture: Next Light

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
That is the entertainment industry 101. Chicks got their love history thing and boys get CoD. Seriously just CoD.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Can someone tell me what Bob didn't want to spoil about Mortal Instruments?
Quote from Wiki PS: MASSIVE SPOILER

"During the attack, Luke and Clary get inside Valentine's lair. While Luke is distracted, Clary finds Valentine and Jace. Valentine reveals to them that he is actually Jace's father as well, making them siblings, shocking and horrifying both Jace and Clary, who by then realized that they have fallen in love with each other. Luke then returns to fight Valentine, along with Jace's help, but Valentine escapes to the Shadowhunter capital, Idris, where he has now hidden the Mortal Cup, which can used to create Shadowhunters. The Mortal Cup is one of three Mortal Instruments given to the first Shadowhunter by the angel Raziel, and if Valentine has them, he will create a whole army of Shadowhunters. Clary finds her mother, who is in a coma caused by a potion, and takes her to a hospital. In the meantime, Alec has been healed by Magnus Bane and he and Clary decide to start fresh. Afterwards, Clary and Jace meet at the Institute and express their frustration that they cannot be together like they once believed."

So yeah Incest

I see what Bob means

MichaelMaverick

Jan 28, 2009
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Can someone tell me what Bob didn't want to spoil about Mortal Instruments?
Seconded. Too lazy to look it up, the series looks like a decent clusterfuck.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
I'm surprised that The Hunger Games wasn't mentioned. It's yet another blandly written love-triangle book series with an inexplicably "special" female lead based on a mythos mostly ripped from other sources. I guess the only thing it's lacking is monsters.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Honestly the only one that I'm going to dread in the future is the film adaption to 50 Shade of Grey which apparently is in the work.
Need I remind you that book originally start off as a Twilight fanfic.

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
I'm sort of excited for Warm Bodies for some reason. And even fans of SMeyer didn't like The Host.

stueymon

Aug 29, 2009
Typical of the film industry, it's also why we're getting tons of superhero movies now, why back in the day we had a western glut, then Crime drama, then sci-fi. The movie business is not original

I heard about Warm Bodies as "Twilight with zombies" and I almost felt physically sick, but after seeing the trailer I was pleasantly surprised to see a funny and fun looking film

Of course a trailer can look great and a film awful, but I'm cautiously optimistic

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
How about a decent reboot to the His Dark Materials franchise? I hope the Mortal Instruments series, if it takes off, includes a big lovey dovey sex scene just before the big reveal. I actually want to be in the audience of teenage girls when they find out what they just watched.

Captcha: And that's the way it is.

Yes, teenage girl audience, that is the way it is.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
If at first you do succeed
Twi, Twi, Twi again.
Yep that's Hollywood for you.

Incidentally, that Warm Bodies looks incredibly stupid, at least based on the scene where the zombie "falls" for the girl. Oh god... *facepalm*

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Warm Bodies does look pretty fun. I have no problem with movies trying to win the Twilight crowd as long as the movies that come out of it are better then Twilight.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
I'll third the surprise that Hunger Games wasn't mentioned at all. It completely fits the whole 'appealing to teenage girls' thing and has the added bonus of having already had one very successful movie. Obviously with only 3 books total it won't be the Next Big Thing for many years, but I think it's got a pretty good shot at least for the next year or two.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
FelixG said:
Absolutionis said:
I'm surprised that The Hunger Games wasn't mentioned. It's yet another blandly written love-triangle book series with an inexplicably "special" female lead based on a mythos mostly ripped from other sources. I guess the only thing it's lacking is monsters.
It had the tracker-jack uber bees and those wolf...things at the end I suppose?

I too am surprised that it didnt get a mention here
Ditto. Colour me surprised that The Hunger Games didn't get a mention. Perhaps because that series has already kicked off?