The Big Picture: Night of the Lepus

Noko

Oct 7, 2010
Oh man, i remember seeing this on showtime a long time ago. In the start i thought this was a parody. I still cant belive anyone whould make this.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDE_V_l5kXQ[/youtube]

Reminds me of this. For anyone who hasn't seen it, its worth the 23 minutes.

EDIT: Oh, as I rewatched it, I realise its not quite as brilliant now as when I first saw it. Still, it was good for its time, and for the country where it was produced.

demalo

Aug 16, 2011
I've actually seen this on late night television, and yes, I thought I imagined it...

We don't eat the cute ones, and we're not scared of them either.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
The spoilerriffic trailers of Castaway and What Lies Beneath are made even worse by the allegation that Robert Zemeckis personally approved them [http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=150&mforum=hollywoodsaloon].

But to play devil's advocate for a second, most of those schlock 50s and 60s genre films told you the whole plot in their trailers. I have a copy of the 1960 version of The Time Machine with the original theatrical trailer, and it was basically the Cliff's Notes for the whole film.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
I imediately thought of the Monty Python killer rabbit when I saw the first video clip of the movie. I'm not sure if thats a bad thing or not.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
MovieBob said:
Night of the Lepus

Be vewwwy, vewwy quiet.

Watch Video
Excellent column this week Bob, informing the youth. Saw it years ago on "Monster Vision", I loved it, it was hilarious. My parents however... actually thought it was scary. Yeah well... God bless them for it.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Is anyone else eager to see next weeks episode? A great sci-fi/horror that most of us have never heard of? I'm in.

prouler

Nov 24, 2009
hehehe and the cinema snob takes the cake for reviewing this bad boy a while ago, but all the insight on how they marketed and produced this thing is great fun :)

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Crazy_Dude said:
Is anyone else eager to see next weeks episode? A great sci-fi/horror that most of us have never heard of? I'm in.
Has he already talked about planet of the vampires? If not I'll bet that's it.

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
Gxas said:
Reminds me of the Pandemic episodes of South Park.

Those people looked extremely startled.
wave to the camera shelly =p

yeah thts what came to mind streight away, south park did it better then killer bunnies lol

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Glad I'm not the only one who went for the Monty Python angle. But then, they weren't exactly trying to be taken seriously.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
trollnystan said:
I can't help but wonder if Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer ever saw this film. It would explain her phobia for rabbits =P
That it would. I can't think of any other reason a vengeance demon would be afraid of bunnies.

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
All I could think while watching that footage "Awwwwwhawwwwwwwwhawwwwww... so cwuuuute!"

ulair

Oct 18, 2011
OMG!!!!
It's the movie played in The Matrix! When Neo first sees the Oracle in the waiting room. It's running on a background TV.

LOL this made my day

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
That movie looks glorious.
And the Elmer joke was good enough to make me choke on my coffee, thanks for that Bob. No really, it's rare I laugh that much this early in the morning.

trollnystan said:
I can't help but wonder if Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer ever saw this film. It would explain her phobia for rabbits =P
You know I thought the exact same thing.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
This movie if you watch it does come off a something you would dream and not the real thing. Hell i had trouble convincing people this movie was real

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Mysten said:
We'd better not risk another frontal assault - that [film about] rabbit's dynamite!
Ah fuck! I was gonna use that! Ah well i got a back up.

Bunnies attacking town?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
OT: Quick, Fluttershy, use your stare of doom on them! (and for posting that picture of Pinkie Pie, it is obvious that Bob is a Brony :D)
also, I remember seeing a trailer for a 2006 Australian (or was it British?) movie about killer rabbits...
emeraldrafael said:
And yet the killer rabbit from monty python is supposed to be bad ass.
awww, ninja'd :D
Nevertheless...

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
couldn't keep a straight face throughout all the video footage of the "giant" bunnies, I just had to laugh, good job Bob!