The Big Picture: Night of the Lepus

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
AMAZED said:
elmer phud on shroms LOL XD
EDIT: sorry that's fudd whops
See, there is a funny joke in there. Funnier than the movie.

If this had been a parody ala killer tomatoes this could have been so good. "OH MY GOD! IT KILLED KENNY! LOOK AT THE BLOO... awww, it's so cute... AAAAAAAHHHH!"

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
This screened at a Incredibly Strange Film Festival many years back, so I went to see it... but I knew (cos they said) what I was in for. So cute!

I really wish this movie had gotten the MST3K treatment. (They mention it in an episode, but never gave it its own show. This and Kingdom of the Spiders.)

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
lazinesslord said:
We're gonna need a lot of holy hand grenades of Antioch.
Yesssss. Can't believe it took 15 posts for someone to make, at least in my mind, such an obvious reference.

As far as MST3K/Rifftrax, I would pay to hear a Riff of this that consists entirely of Mike, Kevin and Bill laughing their asses off while watching it. They don't even have to make a single solitary joke.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
This further proves you can make a movie about anything. It's a shame most "Normal People" don't care for this kind of stuff, because if we had big budget film makers today do a serious/ironic take on this premise today it could easily be a "no-fun barred" laugh riot.

And to think this film probably started with a film studio having way too many Bunnies on hand thinking "What do we do with all these bunnies? I know! Monster Movie!"

It's like that time as a kid you shot your own movie using your collection of Beanie Babies and some close-up footage of a frog you shot previously while playing with your dad's film camera. I miss that, we need more of that. Those are fun concepts.

Jakale

Feb 16, 2010
So did the adults find out what the kid did in the movie? If so it makes me wonder just how many movies there are where kids do horrendously dumb stuff that puts lives in danger and get no real punishment. Not movie punishment either, where they'd get killed by whatever they caused, but by adults to actually teach them something.

Saw Meet Me in St. Louis this past summer and the kids there have a giant fire in the street and almost derail a train. The two that do the latter actually do get yelled at(by their sister, not parents) and they don't even pay attention to her and the scene ends with everyone laughing and the kids have learned nothing and suffer no consequences.
Compared to To Kill a Mockingbird, re-watched it a month or so before St. Louis so it was fresh, and what I hope real people would do, this was just stunningly bad parenting.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Having seen Lepus fairly recently I'm still plagued by that weird noise they over imposed over the bunny attacks.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Oh come on people. This movies a classic! It's up there with the likes of "Troll 2" and "Monster Dog" in it's awesomeness!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
GamemasterAnthony said:
Why WASN'T this movie used for an episode of MST3K?

Watership Down was scarier than this movie.
Watership Down is scarier than a lot of movies.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Rikun said:
Bunnies can't be scary you say?

Oh dear gods. That movie...So many nightmares....

Speaking of WSD, children's movies nowadays are totally pacified...