The Big Picture: No No Power Rangers

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I´m just confused that people still care about Power Rangers, i remember that from third grade but have since moved on and i haven´t given it much thought since. It´s like Reboot or Captain America, i remember it, i liked it back then but i don´t think i would care if they brought it back. I just hope this new movie is mainly geared towards a new generation of children and not the people that remembered it, it just wouldn´t make much sense to try and update it for a grown-up audience.

It´s just a bit too late, i might have cared in 1994, but that´s a long time ago. I might be getting old and grumpy but i kinda wish that Hollywood would change gears a little bit, i don´t mind all these "nerd" movies, but i just wish we could get more action movies that are simpler and a bit more grounded in reality. I´m getting a bit burned out on all these high-concept action movies with overcomplicated plotlines and people in silly costumes. You just know that it might be time to take a step back and reevaluate things when you consider bringing Captain Planet and Power Rangers back from the grave^^.

Jan 27, 2011
*spits out his drink* They're making a reboot movie of the original power rangers?!

How did I not hear about this?! :eek:

Well, if it turns out even halfway decent, I'm going to go watch it. I loved the HELL out of the Power Rangers as a kid. I even found way to watch it when my parents decided to block the channel I used to watch them on for a while due to the whole "wah it teeches kids violence!" moral panic at the time.

And honestly, I think the original premise was much better than most of the new ones. I liked how the heroes had to juggle school and social lives alongside saving the world. Although I think the later seasons when they had both Zed and Rita working together were the best ones. :p They had some AMAZING banter. XD

RolandOfGilead

Dec 17, 2010
I still watched the first few seasons of the American version, but PR still sucked back when I was a kid.

That Rescue Rangers thing though, that sounds awesome. Oh, Gadget, smartest, hottest mouse ever.

And Gargoyles please, while Keith David and Salli Richardson-Whitfield and Jonathan Frakes are still alive.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I was a giant Power Rangers fan in the mid-nineties (just like every 5-10 year old kid!), but I have absolutely zero faith in this movie being watchable, much less good.

I fully realize that even the first few seasons were insanely campy and cheesy, but I watched a semi-modern episode a few months back and I think I had a aneurysm from the terrible acting. It's REALLY, REALLY bad these days.