The Big Picture: One Day in November

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Treblaine said:
Obama. By far i would take a man whose promises mean fuck all, over a crazy man whose promises are only to those that pay him loads of cash.
zombflux said:
I don't care if it's interpreted as laziness. Until they get rid of the "two" party system, voting is a joke. This country is a joke. Ron Paul is best for the job. Ron Paul can not win, so I'm not going to vote, because I'm "lazy".
Give me ten reasons why Ron Paul would make a good president. From what i understand hes not for fixing our system, he would destroy what safeguards it had against corruption.
I think the appeal of Ron Paul is that he (claims to) have answers, he has a radical plan and lots of "pro active" solutions.

The problem is his strategy is crazy. It sure seems appealing on the surface but it is extraordinarily naive, it's something more likely to be heard in Berlusconi's Italy than in any fiscally responsible nation.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Axyun said:
I'm surprised at how jaded many of the posters here are. Yes the average american is at a disadvantage when large corporations can pour millions of dollars into lobbying for their interests, but our votes still count even if not 100% of what they should.

I also can't understand how people can claim that the two candidates are the same. Anyone who is actually aware of the current issues contested between the candidates, and women in particular should be very involved as there are some REALLY big issues related to them, will know that the two candidates are most definitely NOT the same thing.

I saw a previous poster call Obama a war monger. Really? For going after the people who were responsible for 9/11 instead of Iraq and for, just a few days ago, announcing the end and demobilization of the U.S. army in Afghanistan since we killed the person we were after?

I'm willing to bet good money that 99% of the people here making sweeping generalizations about the candidates or expressing their cynicism for the system don't actually know what is actually current in politics. Even if you felt helpless to cause change, you should still educate yourself. Most of you jaded types just come across as being ignorant. Again, if you are a woman and you can tell me with a straight face that both candidates are the same then you need to get up-to-date on politics ASAP. Your pay and your right to health services are in jeopardy at the moment on account of the differences between the two candidates.
Reminds me of a satire I saw in year-2000 making jokes about how two presidential candidates were so similar they seemed like clones, then the punchline was they were in fact clones. But turns out this was a topical joke on the year-200 presidential election claiming that Al Gore and George W Bush were indistinguishable... REALLY!!?!? Is that how it seemed at the time?!?!?

The problem is everyone takes what politicians say in campaigns at face value. But the thing is they all hire PR-consultants who studied in the same universities, they all come to the same conclusion on what is the best thing to say to get elected, so everyone says the same thing.

NO! This is why it is so valued to have Presidential Candidates who have held some sort of political office BEFORE. You judge their validity as president hugely on how they acted when they were in that office. Like how when Rick Santorum when a senator claims that homosexuality should be banned (and considered it as immoral as) child abuse or bestiality. Now in the campaign he never said anything so extreme, you judge them by what they DON'T want to talk about!

Don't watch any of the campaign ads, there are plenty of political commentators out there who will dig through the candidate's dirty past and reveal where they REALLY stand on these matters.

cl

Apr 1, 2012
Shagdawg said:
anian said:
Vault Citizen said:
Can't people both vote and buy Halo 4?
Now, you see, in a "normal" country that would be the case, but the USA is a country where election even has a possibility of being controlled by people who
a) have an xbox
b) will by a game at launch date no matter what (no matter what side you may be on, still is kind of a deciding on the future of the country and you might even count the world)
c) buy a game where the main character is named "Master Chief", that's right, most people call him by his rank

...so yeah, that's the country with the biggest nuclear armament in the world.

Microsoft marketing guys are either stupid or politically careless or intentionally almost breaking the law. Either way, day before or day after would've been better.
This is a rambling, incoherent post that means nothing and adds nothing to the conversation. The only intent is to take a jab at the US and show off poor grammar. I'm guessing you're from the UK since you sound like all the other America hating Brits on this site. Seriously, go fuck yourself.
The federal election date is the first Tuesday of November, however this means a little less with the adoption of early voting, and relaxed requirements for absentee voting. Federal law also requires all employers to allow employees the opportunity to vote even if it means that person has to leave work early with out penalty. Thirdly by federal law each poling location is to be open from 6am-7pm, and anyone whom is in line to vote by 6:59.59pm is allowed to vote. There is no law in the united states that forbids commerce from being committed on any election day.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
this conspiracy banks on the fact the young people still like Obama anymore or that Romney will be the candidate (hey i'm a paultard, can't help it) Personally i'm pre-ordering halo 4 so i couldn't give less of a shit which came first. because halo will be there for me, and which ever politician (if it comes down to Romney or Obama) will still ultimately fuck me, because both are corrupt, corporate loving, retards on the far right or far left instead of being a classical (also read as 'true') liberal or conservatives which is now considered libertarian.
I think i can survive romney more than Obama, but i need some serious xbox live and Halo time......and a big ass TV.