The Big Picture: One Day in November

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
One Day in November

MovieBob takes a close look into the upcoming release of Halo 4 and its possible ramifications.

Watch Video

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Hmm. Vote for President. Frag noobs.

Vote for President.

Frag noobs.

Vote for President.

Frag noobs.

Would be a rather odd way of trying to swing the vote but it's not like they haven't tried dumber shit.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
You know... i think people who would rather play a video game instead of voting in one of the worlds most important political elections have no business voting anyway. I mean, dude, the game can wait.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Cortana might be a Democrat but Master Chief would definitely vote Republican.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
PsychedelicDiamond said:
You know... i think people who would rather play a video game instead of voting in one of the worlds most important political elections have no business voting anyway. I mean, dude, the game can wait.
The game can wait.. THE GAME CAN WAIT? We know for SURE that there will be another election in 4 years, but Another Halo in 4 years? THAT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN, DUDEBRAH! *hurries over to his kitchen to get Doritos and Mountain Dew, then plays Gears of War with a bro*

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
I'am just glad this didn't out to be a halo is teh evil from bob. Also people who place video games> real life, likely shouldn't vote anyways....

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I get the feeling that, since Halo appeals more to the war-loving conservative base, THOSE people will more likely go out and buy Halo, meaning that Barack Obama should have an easy (or easier) win. It makes a lot of sense, in my mind anyway...

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The conspiracy theory is just that: a conspiracy theory.

DVS BSTrD said:
Why couldn't you put this much effort into understanding ME3?
Seriously? Just drop it already. The ME3 thing is over. It's done. He had an unpopular opinion. Let. It. Go.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I love ya, Bob, but the only place I've heard this conspiracy theory is on *your* twitter feed. I'm not going to pretend that I pay nearly as much attention to this sort of stuff as someone who relies on it for their well-being, but I still question just how widespread this issue really was/is.

Mousse Templar

Jan 24, 2012
At 4:45 - However
I almost plotzed.

Oh well another reason to get Halo 4 I guess?

(as a non-american person, this is a spoof, right? Noone believes this,,,, right?)

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Meh, in Australia, voting is compulsory anyway, so I doubt a videogame would produce much of an impact on percentage turnout. I find American politics to be much more bombastic, so I guess an impact like that could be a bit of an upset, but I don't really understand it all that well anyway, to be honest. Interesting, if nothing else.

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
If they REALLY wanted to shake things up? If I were Microsoft, I'd offer a discount or rebate on Halo 4 if the customer produces proof that they voted. There are potential problems aplenty there, but that kind of concept might work.

Jetsetneo

Apr 2, 2010
MB202 said:
I get the feeling that, since Halo appeals more to the war-loving conservative base, THOSE people will more likely go out and buy Halo, meaning that Barack Obama should have an easy (or easier) win. It makes a lot of sense, in my mind anyway...
That almost completely contradicts every stereotype that people assume Republicans have or that they place on the gaming culture in general.

For example, aren't all Republicans stuffy old people who don't like new fangled video games, especially since they cause violence in all youngsters, as per this Fox News report?
So then why would any republican give up voting for their party for a video game.

In fact, its Bob's whole point that the youth vote is more likely to vote Democrat, and that Halo 4 would take away said votes.

We're not talking about 'real' adults, the age 35+ with families who have effectively made up their minds months (or years) ago, we're talking about the youth vote. The demographic that is most likely to vote for both Barrack Obama and have Video Gaming as a hobby.
Besides, I assure you I have friends who enjoy the likes of the MW series and Halo, who're voting Democrat, so they most certainly exist.

Edit: Me, I'll probably end up Midnight Releasing Halo 4 and voting anyway, assuming either candidate inspires anything in me.

Morthas

Jun 8, 2010
You talked for an entire episode about that? Really? Next time, try keeping it exclusive to twitter .

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Why bother voting at all? The American public votes don't matter, and the elections are rigged in favor to the one with the most corporate support and those with the dirtiest tactics.

This is coming from an American.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Falseprophet said:
Do they not have advance polls in the US?
Only an option in a few places.

MaxFan said:
Vote by mail, problem solved.
Only an option in a few other places. I plan on being able to take advantage of this myself.

Vault Citizen said:
Can't people both vote and buy Halo 4?
Yes. I know that my brother is taking that option himself, voting at about 9 AM, then going down 150 feet and buying Halo 4.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
I agree with a lot of the obvious solutions between a Halo or voting split, just do both. It's relatively easy to vote, mail in or voting both here in the US. I can understand if others in my age demographic see voting as extra time consuming because they lack background on the new legislation they're voting for or against, but that's really the individuals fault. The government sends out free packets in advanced describing all the laws with their final prints in black and white, but if take five minutes I can still find a dozen people I know my age that won't vote.