The Big Picture: Out of the Park

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Need an opinion here! Need an opinion here! Need an opinion here! Need an-*shot*

This was a great episode, and now I'm sad because everyone's going to start talking about The Simpsons instead.

Dec 14, 2009
"If you were from, where I was from, you'd be fucking dead!"

I love that accent, it's one of the few American accents I genuinely like.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
two things
1. I am still shocked that people take lessons from South Park.(do these people take lessons from Family guy and any other cartoon?)
2. I enjoy your regional accent! I say do it more often.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I never did turn to South Park for life lessons... though I do detect hints of personal philosophy from the show. Like Bob said, though, it's completely subjective and depends on the topic at hand. You kind of have to be in the right mood to watch it.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Wait, that was Bob's real voice? I just assumed he was doing a bit.

Interesting episode as always, I too liked the episode "you're getting old", especially since the ending was such a big surprise and not at all what I would expect from an episode of South Park.

Spaceparanoid42

Oct 29, 2010
I for one think that Bob's real voice is AWESOME. (In fact, just watch it totally overshadow South Park as the topic of the comments.)

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
Scout is a spy! :p

This would have been nicer earlier if South Park wasn't about to finish its series.

More Brooklyn Bob! :p

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
And here I was thinking that we could get through the episode without "TV IS WEIRD".

I also think you sound more like one of those fast-talking, old timey actors than the scout.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I surprised that people are fascinated that thats his real voice. I reember seeing a vid on her with him walking through a street alley speaking with his Boston Accent, and hes let it slip more then once in his escape to the movies/the big picture show before.

Plus im pretty sure bob's told us he was from boston multiple times.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Huh, he's right, I don't recall any JFK comparisons, or even Mayor Quimby comparisons . . . although I may have just missed them under the Scout and New Jersey comments. Really, New Jersey?

As for myself, I grew up in NH, spent a year of high school in the Boston suburbs, and went to college in Western Mass. I don't associate the accent with a specific person so much as jokes about aggressive driving and confusing infrastructure (which no doubt results in the aggressive driving). A few times a year we'd drive down to the Boston Museum of Science (Wooooo Mugar Omni Theater!) and my sister and I were not allowed to talk in the car once we were inside the city limits so my dad could concentrate on the traffic. :D

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
lockgar said:
Scout is a spy! :p

This would have been nicer earlier if South Park wasn't about to finish its series.

More Brooklyn Bob! :p
South Park is scheduled to continue at least through 2013.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
I'm so used to hearing your radio voice, that I always figured you were putting the other voice on.

I hear what he's saying about SP anyway. Hell, I'm guilty of regurgitating SP and other media myself, especially when I was a kid who was new to forums.

It's good to draw ideas from multiple sources though. Concerning Bob's racial views, his, "acknowledge the past and deal with the double standard" view really shook my "Ignore race completely" view, and I had some revision to do on the subject.

God, I can't stop thinking back to all those times I stood up for MGS2 and proclaimed it to be a masterpiece even though I didn't even understand why so many people felt that way about it. All the nonsense that came from it. The internet makes it easy to think that you have an enlightened outlook on life, even when you're making up fickle values on the spot without any rational reason.

Ahhhh, childhood.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
Ummmm, I personally wouldn't take the views as a lesson, but more of another person's opinion. I hope there isn't anyone taking South Park seriously.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
Y'know, for guys who don't really seem to have an over-arching world view (or at least, one they don't wish to share), Matt & Trey sure have been getting a lot more didactic in recent years. What was once consistently great comedy is, at least to me, becoming more hit-and-miss. For every "you're getting old" there's a "crack baby athletics association" (seriously, what the fuck was up with that episode? Kyle was acting completely out of character, and it distinctly felt as though they had no clue how to end it).

Then again, I probably am just getting old...

Philip Petrunak

Apr 3, 2010
Moviebob, I'll be honest, despite the brilliance of your series. I don't think I'd be able to continue watching this series if you used your natural voice.

lockgar said:
They actually have two and a half more seasons left, so I think you're jumping the gun a little.

May 28, 2009
I'm glad Bob addressed this issue, as it is something that really annoys me. Though these South Park polical types are few that really grind my gears (pop reference not intentional)

Also I kinda prefer the regional accent, I don't like it when people hide their real voice just to fit in within the media, but hey that's just me.