The Big Picture: Polarity Contest

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
*hears Bob is back on the Escapist*

Guess it's finally time to blow the dust off the old account.

belfazof

Jun 24, 2010
It'd be weird to say welcome back when I left around the same time and have only checked in occasionally since. But I'm so glad to see they're bringing Bob and now Shamus back -- it's so nice to see new some life in the site again. I hope it keeps going. I've missed this place, and following all the content creators separately isn't quite as nice as having one platform full of activity, at least when the community was nice. Personally, I'm hoping for Unskippable next.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
darkrage6 said:
Bob said no such thing, that's a bullshit lie. Trump supporters can kiss my ass, anyone who still supports after the lengthy list of guilty verdicts is fucked in the head.
Don't know about you, but that sort of tone is not what I remember from the Escapist back in the day. Try to be a bit more civil, even towards people you politically disagree with.

OT: Good to have some creators back. Not sure Bob's the best choice considering how controversial he is, but as long as he doesn't use his videos as a platform to preach his politics, it should be good. I used to enjoy his videos here (before almost every Escape to the Movies was 50% politics instead of movie review).

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
what happened? Has the escapist returned from the brink of death?

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
IamQ said:
what happened? Has the escapist returned from the brink of death?
New ownership so a change in direction which attracted some of the previous content creators to come back. There is a panel about the return at PAX September 1st.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Too difficult for me, personally, to separate the "art" from the "artist" here.

You folks enjoy though.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Hmm... it'll be interesting to see how this goes, considering some of Bob's final content prior to being fired from the site last time around. I can only hope that things are better now and that things will be kept civil

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Belaam said:
Wow. Not only did Bob come back to Yahtzee's Youtube channel (sorry, I mean The Escapist), but this thread is generally free of the morons who led to him (and pretty much everyone else: content makers and consumers) abandoning the place.

Did they mature? Do they now only live on /r/The_Donald? Will they be back to defend the fatherland in a few weeks when they realize Bob is back?
Well, one in particular is out of the picture now, namely the one who literally ran the site. So that's the main thing that's changed. Seriously, the story of this site's mismanagement would give Channel Awesome's a run for its money.