The Big Picture: Rock of Ages

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Why do we need to reboot The Cosmos? I love NDT but he's already on a billion other space shows and says the same thing in every single one. We already got The Universe, it's pointless to reboot cosmos.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
R.I.P. Carl Sagan. I'm really looking forward to that series, though.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Would you please stop with the faces? They almost never have anything to do with the subject or any emotion or idea you're trying to express. It's really random, strange, and distracting whenever they show up.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.375960-The-Big-Picture-Stone-Soup?page=2#14617039
Ten bucks says next week he talks about the Pebbles and Bam Bam cartoon...when they were teenagers.

That or Captain Caveman.
I get partial credit. Although, there were bits in the 80s I had forgotten about. Flinstone kids, namely. Understandably forgotten.

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
Jeez, not a lot of Seth McFarlane fans on the Escapist I see. I don't think he would turn it into a Family Guy-esque show, it has too much appeal to kids. Even if you don't like his humor, the guy is talented. I mean, this new Flintstones will at least be guaranteed to have some good show-tunes every once in a while, right?

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
All of you MacFarlane haters can breathe a sigh of relief (at least for now) as The Flinstones reboot has been put on hold:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/seth-macfarlane-flintstones-tv-series-315980

For those that think the Cosmos reboot is unnecessary because there are already shows like that on TV, let me remind you, there is still a perceived difference between cable and network stations. A science program on a major network is a big deal.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Simpson, Homer Simpson,
he's the greatest guy in his-tor-y,
from the, town of springfield,
he's about to hit a chestnut tree.

Yay, Bob mentioned the Flintstones meet the Thing. That's the most obscure -er, thing, I know connected to the Flintstones.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Oh God, my head hurts. I didn't know there was so much involved in the Flintsones....so much..brain melting....

I remember the reruns of the tv specials, especially the Christmas ones.
And the time they showed up on Billy and Mandy. That was love.
And I loved the reruns of the Flinstone Kids as a little girl. One of the few things that could get me up in the morning.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
It was interesting that the Flintstones only had about a dozen or so series, but the rest were mash ups from those first few.

I'm surprised that you did not mention the Great Gazoo.

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
So in addition to there being an existing monster family in Flintstone continuity, there were also no less than two versions of the Frankenstones that interacted with the Flintstones. Ever think Fred was really confused by that?

"Hey, haven't I met you before?"
"Nope."
"No no no, I know I've met you personally before."
"That was the alternate Frankenstones from Earth 2."
"What."

DJ_Bunce

Jan 20, 2010
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Xenominim said:
The Artificially Prolonged said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I guess you could say it was quite a...

*puts on sunglasses*

...metamorphic series
My sediments exactly.
Shale we keep this going or we going to be gneiss and stop now?
I think we should stop or the others are going to slate us
Quartz, it's crystal clear we should keep going... I don't think it's weathering anyone too badly.

ronarscorruption

Apr 22, 2010
Well, that's gneiss that they're cosidering a reboot of the flintstones, because only a fossil really remembers them back in their original series. Agate where they're coming from, because there's less work to be done rebuilding a classic show, but it has to be done right, or it's just a waste.

I bet you were expecting another rock pun at the end. Sorry, I'm just not that wacke.

Brad Gardner

Jun 5, 2012
I like the Flintstone Kids at the time. Bob forgot or didn't want to the last Christmas special after Roxy and Chip were born. Fred and Wilma adopted a young boy. I was disappointed nothing happen afterwards.

I never liked the Flintstones except when they moved forward ie when Bambam and Pebbles grew up. I'm of course am in a minority. I also back then and today rather have cartoons are kids than adults.

I will not watch the reboot of the Flintstones because I hate Family Guy more than most things.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
What was important to me here.

Cosmos is coming back?!? Hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson?! YES! When and where do I need to be to give money to this?

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
Is it weird that I think that the existence of the Cosmos remake is the most important thing to take away from this? That shit's gonna be AWESOME!

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
What about the Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law Cameo/episode with the Flintstones... That was awesome!

Wasn't that the latest show to feature Fred?