The Big Picture: Rock of Ages

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
"I'm Bob. And that's a Big Fissure."

Yeah, I'm not very good at this either.

Matthewmagic

Feb 13, 2010
Oh come on Bob, you didn't even try: "I'm bob and that is the big slab!" "I'm bob and that is a bolder(Sp?) picture" what it doesn't have to be good, this is on the internet.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I remember Flintstone Kids and Captain Caveman, they were pillars of my Saturday morning cartoon watching. Probably after ODing on Flintstone vitamins.

Spot1990 said:
Oh god, not a MacFarlane version of the Flinstones.

Lets see what they'll do...
Bam Bam will be a teenager who is uncool and masturbates a lot.
Pebbles will be a rebellious teenager who dates someone just to piss of her parents.
Dino will be able to talk because it's a goddamn Seth MacFarlane show.

Because Seth MacFarlane has been writing the same goddamn thing for about 10 years now.
Dino actually did talk in one episode of the original series, "The Snorkasaurus Hunter" [http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UfF5h8LhpBM/] (forward to about the 24:00 mark). It's very surreal.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Bob, Bob Chipstone would have been funnier than Bob Chiprock (makes you sound like Simon, Alvin and Theodore). And I can see that the Seth McFarlane series won't be a chip off the old block... (BA DUM TISH). I was never that into the Flintstones, but I did watch a hella lot of them when I was a young thing. And I remember the "Pebbles and BamBam as teenagers" series. That was... stupid.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Godamnit, I hate Seth MacFarlane. If he has any creative control over the new Flintstones series, I'm going to commit suicide.

Also, Neil DeGrasse Tyson as the new Carl Sagan in a Cosmos reboot with MacFarlane propping it up?

NONOONONONONONONONONONO

That's horribly, horribly stupid. Cosmos doesn't need a damn reboot; just more reruns and a bit of editing to make it look cleaner.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Call me crazy, but I never liked the Flinstones.
Or, for that matter, any of the old Hanna-Barbara cartoons. I like them even less as an adult.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Ugh. Watching this episode was like listening to the chapters in Genesis dedicated to explaining how much incest was required to make a million people out of just Adam and Eve, except with the Flintstones and the editing room.

arigomi

Jun 28, 2007
The Partridge Family 2200 A.D. cartoon was really out of left field. Hanna-Barbera was known for making animated versions of popular sitcoms, but this was a true anomaly. Who thought making a mutant mashup of The Jetsons and The Partridge Family was a good idea? I realize compromises have to be made during development but you have to cut your losses when the result is this.

One of the hurdles with a reboot of "The Flintstones" is the way technology shapes our lives today. Our relationship with electronics is very different compared to previous generations.

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
I remember this film, I used to like it when I was a kid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPIV98_lu0

Anyway, I don't remember much, but the cast has some good names in it, John Goodman is awesome. Maybe it was a shitty horrible film not worth mentioning...

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
"I'm bob and that's the big petroglyph."

definition [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/petroglyph]

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Holy Crap, he went through this entire episode without mentioning the "The Great Gazoo" once.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Seth McFarlane...Flintstones...
No. Just...no.

Family Guy drove me nuts because it's basically the "Shrek" version of The Simpsons.
I just don't like McFarlane's style in general. And now he's going to work on the Flintstones.

*sigh*

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
What. WHAT. WHAT!!??

Honestly, what the hell? I had no clue. I only know of one Flinestones tv show... and I don't know which one it is on that list. I can, however, sing the entire intro song.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I was never that crazy about the Flintstones (I liked the Jetsons, oddly), and several times during this video I was almost covering my ears just because the laundry list of rehashes got too embarrassing (seriously, I was going, "Please, tell me they didn't make another... oh great, just when I thought they couldn't sink any lower..." multiple times). It just shows off how ridiculously shameless companies really are about exploiting franchises.

I dread something like this happening to MLP:FiM.