The Big Picture: Schlocktober 2012: Attack of the Super Monsters

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
This is the kind of movie that I'd watch with a few of my friends and laugh at how terrible it is.

I seriously have to get this when I see it; it's so damn weird and goofy and that I can't believe it's an actual thing.

WTF indeed.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Hey, I got a hat off, I have seen this one. They made fun of it at the Anime Boston convention one year an its available on the netflix mailer, not that anyone has that anymore.

Mischlings

Feb 18, 2011
Mcoffey said:
EDIT: Also what was the shot of when he mentioned the creepy brother/sister stuff? That was Sara Michelle Gellar, right?
I'm thinking that it's her from Cruel Intentions. There's something in that movie about her character sleeping with her step-brother.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
canadamus_prime said:
"Gemini!........You cannot save..........the Human Race. Mwhahahahahahaha!"
Based on his voice, I think Emperor Tyrannus eventually moved on to become LRR, ruler of Omicron Persei 8.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
ewhac said:
canadamus_prime said:
"Gemini!........You cannot save..........the Human Race. Mwhahahahahahaha!"
Based on his voice, I think Emperor Tyrannus eventually moved on to become LRR, ruler of Omicron Persei 8.
Nah, LRR doesn't make such huge dramatic pauses when speaking.

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
Even though this movie is completely ridiculous, I would have fun watching it. These cheesy, low budget pieces of crap movies take me out of my intelligent serious life and let me be a silly kid again. Dark Planet is a juicy one if anyone else likes this crap.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
WTF!?

I knew I would be able to predict this week's episode but seriously? This is probably the most down right hilariously awful thing you've shown in a long while.

Being that next Tuesday is still in tradition, you're going to have to try hard to match *pause* or *pause* top *pause* this.

Mr_Terrific

Oct 29, 2011
I like how 99% of the people in this movie are anime business guy who is running in terror. That's pretty damn accurate representation of real life :/

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...What the hell was that? And why do the cyborg siblings merge? And why are there puppet dinosaurs with animated people?!

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Oh man. I'm very familiar with Japanese culture. I've watched my fair share of anime, Japanese cinema (including Godzilla/monster movies), imported games, and speak the language at about a JLPT 2 level. But What.The hell.Was that. Glorious, really.

I decided I must own this on DVD now, but Amazon doesn't have it in stock. Might be your fault Bob, they should cut you a check. Maybe just for out-Otaku-ing everyone alone.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Get the fuck out..... I did see this when I was a kid, and watching this made me remember the fact. It's funny how you mentioned hallucinating Bob, becuase this just accessed a part of my psychi that I locked away unknowingly. Even as a kid I thought this movie was complete garbage,and I remember the dude being a dick to his sister.

That was kinda surreal.....

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Lilani said:
Oh my dear Bob, you think the "Gemini/incest" stuff is bad in this movie? Then you have never seen Aquarion. Brother and little sister are pilots of huge mechs, and the mechs become more powerful when they "merge" with each other and become a bigger robot Power Rangers style. Big brother is known as the best pilot in the land (of course) and little sister is sort of second-best, but she gets insanely jealous of anybody else who wants to "merge" with her brother. She goes on and on about how she wants to be the first to "merge" with him.

And to drive it all home, when they do merge it's apparently a very...stimulating experience, and every time the people merge in the show they moan in ecstasy and shout "So good!" And IIRC their clothes disappear for a moment while in transition. Yeah...

... I'm not sure what I just watched, and I don't think I want to...

OT: This is so going to be a part of my next bad movie night...

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, Dinosaur Wars Aizenborg is a pretty crazy show, and the ridiculous English dub and re-editing only make it sillier. I hear it's very well respected in Malaysia or someplace like that (forget exactly where), where it is reputed to have an excellent dub.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
That video would be a great anti-drug campaign. ?When you are on drugs you sound like this.? I mean who wants to be like that movie? I have trouble understanding the dark age when that was considered scary.

DVS BSTrD said:
You Cer sei a lot of messed-up stuff on this show.

Ok you that is a class D offense and I am sorry to inform you that your pun license has been suspended for one (1) week. We have had previous complaints at the pun HQ about your abuse of puns but we thought it was a hoax because no one ever actually emails us.

I hope you understand and I recommend posts in limerick form to help pass the time during the suspension period.

2fish
Director of the pun HQ and sheriff of the fun police

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
I love how they had to awkwardly dub a voice over the t-rex roars. So many shatneresque pauses.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Jman1236 said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
Dear...

*long overdramatic pause*

...God.

Okay...usually when I see something in this vein, I usually talk about wanting whatever drugs they are on. This time...I think we should find out what drugs are involved and get rid of all supplies of it.
I thought the same thing myself and speaking of Dinosaurs, next year sentai series is going to be Dinosaur themed(That's the 3rd dinosaur themed sentai for those keeping score) but with a twist. The dinosaurs are going to hologram pets that the heros partner with leading to alot speculation that the series is a tribute series to Digimon since 2013 is the 15th anniversary.
On top of which, the series is being rumored to being writen by Yoshio Urasawa who not only wrote the "japanese" 1st season for digimon, but also worked on Carranger and Abaranger.
The holograph dinosaur pets sound a lot like the Engines from Go-Ongers. As long as its better than Goseiger than it's all good in my book. Also it would be pretty cool if did turn out to be a tribute to Digimon. Also CHANGEMAN!