The Big Picture: Schlocktober 2012: King Kong Lives

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
At first I thought that the Army guy was Gerald McRaney, and that was awesome, but it turns out it was John Ashton...and that is even better.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
I know "monkey" is a funny word to say, but seriously, is is so hard to say:

"It's a love story with giant apes"?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
MovieBob said:
The greatest love story ever told ... featuring giant gorillas. Also starring Linda Hamilton.
I like that how for the operation they were in full medical gear, but no goggles. We saw blood splatter, but no one was concerned for getting it in their eyes?

Maybe the budget didn't allow for goggles.

TonkaBix

Oct 9, 2011
I would love to see MovieBob review the Leprechaun movies if he ever got the chance. They are terribly made but so much fun to watch.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It's wierd that moviebob's mention of "Son of Kong" reminded me there was actually a "Son of Kong" movie. Notable for Carl Denham(played by the same actor as in the first one), both having had his pants sued off for almost destroying new york with his giant ape show and the fact he actually feels pretty bad for what happened to Kong. Yeah, it was horrible but not a total waste.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Always avoided. I think it was Ebert that said this was so boring kids were playing with the theater swinging doors rather than watching this boor. Bob does make it look like silly fun though. Can't wait to next week!

Almack said:
Calling it next week is either white buffalo or Orca
My bet: Orca. It is another "fish" story. And had Bo Derek!