The Big Picture: Schlocktober 2013: Bio Zombie

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Schlocktober 2013: Bio Zombie

With Schlocktober upon us once again we take a good long look at The Walking Dead and one of its zombie predecessors from Hong Kong.

Watch Video

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Love it when these Shlocktober segments show me a movie I haven't seen before. And as much horror as I have watched over the years, one would assume that would be more and more difficult. But you managed it anyway, didn't you Bob? Thanks, I'll look this one up ASAP.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I had a Gameboy camera. And printer. And VCDs. I was UK based at the time though...

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Still want to check out The Walking Dead... among the piles of other shows I've been meaning to get to.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
This is why I love Schlocktober, I can always assume there's gonna be at least some movies I haven't heard of.

I admit I'm not a huge zombie fan overall, but this one just seems like it'd be kind of a fun movie to see. I love the idea of a sushi chef going zombie serving people sushi.

Plus...Jelly was totally hot. What? Someone had to say it.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Mr.Amakir said:
unacomn said:
So, basically, it was Dead Rising The Movie.
Dawn of the Dead was basically dead rising the movie.
Don't be absurd. There were zero glowing bees in those movies. Can't be Dead Rising without glowing red bees. And, you know, Frank West. He covered wars you know.

mronoc

Nov 12, 2008
Regarding the television show "really, really okay" seems more than little generous, at best it's "sorta, kinda okay."

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I guess even Schlocktober cannot escape the zombie craze sweeping the nation. But at least we got to see an obscure import from Japan that offers a slightly different take on how it handles the subject. Plus the House of the Dead reference and the comedic stinger prior to the end credits is all kinds of awesome.

As for the Walking Dead TV series, its good but I feel like it could do better. Haven't been keeping up with the trades on the comic series but I've heard its getting really dark.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Personally, I think zombies are overrated... mainly because they terrify me. Well, the concept does, anyway.

Still, maybe I'll give this one a shot...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im pretty sure my wife would know it since she is from hong kong. looks like a very amusing movie.

mattawbrown

Oct 3, 2012
Hopefully MovieBob will never make the embarrassing slip up of confusing Mandarin with Cantonese again. Though it was nice to hear he can do a very well put together review while sticking to his radio voice instead of drifting between that and his natural speaking voice. Good job Bob!