The Big Picture: Schlocktober 2014: Bloodfreak

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Schlocktober 2014: Bloodfreak

I don't think I'll be eating turkey any time soon...

Watch Video

vid87

May 17, 2010
"The director occasionally interrupts the film to explain how serious his intentions really are."

Oh, I guess like in a pandering scene in the story where a character spouts exposition--

*Director literally interrupts film*

Well that's different.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I can't be the only one that got a little confused when you were talking about Steve Hawkes accident if you had suddenly transitioned into describing the plot of the movie. Would've made for a better movie, I guess.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
BigTuk said:
The IRONY... The IRONY oh dear heavens....
Please tell me that was intentional...please my mind.. nay,.. my brain refuses to process the notion that he was honestly making aspiel about taking dangerous addictive chemicals and the harm they do to body while choking on a cig... please...tell me hw was doing it as an act.
I just could not keep a straight face at that part. Was laughing so much. Though glad to see a complete lack of self awareness is not a new thing.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Schlocktober is over already? Damn. Why must it end so quickly? I guess I have no other recourse than to wait 11 months for it to start up again.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
BigTuk said:
Please tell me that was intentional...please my mind.. nay,.. my brain refuses to process the notion that he was honestly making aspiel about taking dangerous addictive chemicals and the harm they do to body while choking on a cig... please...tell me hw was doing it as an act.
Surely, *surely* the irony is intentional. Otherwise why would you leave that take in the movie rather than reshooting it?

On the other hand, in context... who knows?

Bryan Hinson

Mar 18, 2013
Burnouts3s3 said:
Well... This is going to make next Thanksgiving awkward... at least for me.
Try watching the movie "Thanks Killing." I guarantee you, Thanksgiving will never be the same.

cschraer

Jul 14, 2010
what is the name of the movie at 0:33 with the green tentacles and the big red eyes? I saw it as a kid but have never found it since.

schwegburt

Jan 5, 2012
BigTuk said:
I thought the same thing. The coughing fit at the end made me go - Okay no one's dumb enough to intentionally leave in a coughing fit of a dude smoking cigarettes while talking of the dangers of the agricultural industry and drug use. Then again I remember a dude that chain smoked, was in PETA and while coughing would talk of the dangers of GMO's. So my limits on absurdist double standards have a much higher tolerance.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
A lion rescuing a guy from a huge explosion. The guy in question goes on to run a big cat sanctuary. Does anyone else think this guys life would make a better movie than Bloodfreak?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I never thought you'd find anything to top Attack Of The Super Monsters, but... wow. Just... wow.

This thing would have been unintentionally hilarious enough without the directorial tracts, but with them? It's like a work of demented performance art, a glorious train wreck of cringeworthy embarrassment for all involved. I almost want to rent this movie now, just to gaze into the abyss that this thing presents us with.

Bravo, Bob. Bravo.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Okay, that director stuff is... mindblowing! WTF was that guy smoking? Except for the cigarette which contains tons of additives that are not required to be mentioned on the pack (Coffee, chocolate and tons of dangerous stuff are: "Flavouring")... because SERIOUSLY? He thought it was a good idea to talk to the audience a whole bunch, and then cough a ton when smoking a cigarette complaining about 'chemicals'.

I wonder if he'd drop dead from shock if someone told him 100% of every human body (and 100% of all observable matter in the universe) is made of 'teh chemicalz!!!'.

Maybe he was warning against drugs because he was addicted and couldn't drop the habit. Only way it makes any sense to me. :\

CAPTCHA: "forget this"
NEVER, CAPTCHA!!!!!!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I laughed at the director choking on cigarette smoke (while warning against other drugs) and Bob saying "Yeah, you're not seeing things" right after that clip of the "monster" where I couldn't see shit.
schwegburt said:
BigTuk said:
I thought the same thing. The coughing fit at the end made me go - Okay no one's dumb enough to intentionally leave in a coughing fit of a dude smoking cigarettes while talking of the dangers of the agricultural industry and drug use. Then again I remember a dude that chain smoked, was in PETA and while coughing would talk of the dangers of GMO's. So my limits on absurdist double standards have a much higher tolerance.
Well, of course, that guy was in PETA. Those people are all hypocrites.