The Big Picture: Schlocktober 2014: Bloodfreak

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Flatfrog said:
BigTuk said:
The IRONY... The IRONY oh dear heavens....
Please tell me that was intentional...please my mind.. nay,.. my brain refuses to process the notion that he was honestly making aspiel about taking dangerous addictive chemicals and the harm they do to body while choking on a cig... please...tell me hw was doing it as an act.
Surely, *surely* the irony is intentional. Otherwise why would you leave that take in the movie rather than reshooting it?

On the other hand, in context... who knows?
I'm willing to believe it was intentional. The tobacco industry was much more powerful back then compared to today. This was barely over 10 years after Lucky Strike cigarettes were the primary sponsor of the Jack Benny Program.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
BigTuk said:
Please tell me that was intentional...please my mind.. nay,.. my brain refuses to process the notion that he was honestly making aspiel about taking dangerous addictive chemicals and the harm they do to body while choking on a cig... please...tell me hw was doing it as an act.
At first I was like 'oh he's coughing because of the cigarettes, people back then', then he literally starting choking and I... just... uuurgggh... Where's our Tar monster film, B-movie makers?

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
So long, Schlocktober 2014, though I don't think this final offering is more bizarre than the last film if only because they pull the "it was just a dream" card.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
If I dreamed that, I would seriously consider checking myself in somewhere.

i4njw

May 7, 2014
I kinda want to watch that just for the random director tangents. Man, that last one was hilarious. I almost don't believe it. Like, why didn't they just stop rolling or cut it once he finished the reading the copy?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I hope to God that last part with the director was being ironically funny. Otherwise, this guy just set himself up for a future Darwin Award. ^^;

It's a shame October has come and gone so soon. But we had some great entries to the Schlocktober Hall of Fame. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
That irony HAD to have been intentional...I mean he had a coughing fit! Anyone who didn't know they were being ironic would have just done a re-shoot (unless they didn't have the budget for that). I think the director knew he was being ironic and that's what makes it funny.

I think the movie is a satire, not meant to be a serious horror flick.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Sweet lord, that was the most perfect sense of Irony I've ever seen. "Chemicals are bad" *coughs and sputters loudly after smoking*.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
BigTuk said:
Are we sure that is just a cig? The "half-chicken serial killer" suggests to me the guy was using more than just tobacco...

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
There's never been a more perfect case of irony ever, this is just amazing. And for some reason that turkey head grossed me out a lot.

Captcha: fava beans
What?

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
BigTuk said:
Are we sure that is just a cig? The "half-chicken serial killer" suggests to me the guy was using more than just tobacco...
half-TURKEY serial killer*

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Wow... patronising, hypocritical, anti-science and "Jesus can totes cure people of stuff"

Yup, that's the nutty religion I remember.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
I had heard about it in the past due to a film lecture (http://mondostumpo.blogspot.com.au/2007/11/thats-godsploitation-tim-ormond.html) by the maker of the Search for Weng Weng documentary that also included the movie "If Footmen Tire You, What will horses do?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVG1_lnjw2s
"I don't see any candy. I don't taste any candy. There is no candy. Your Jesus didn't bring us any candy."

There are still studios making really bad schlock but they know what side their bread is buttered on and are mainly online streaming these days http://www.fullmoondirect.com/