The Big Picture: Schlocktober 2014: Godmonster of the Indian Flats

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Schlocktober 2014: Godmonster of the Indian Flats

This is the movie that Tusk tried to be, mutant sheep and all.

Watch Video

weirdsoup

Jul 28, 2010
Jesus, yes, we get it. Bob has big butt-hurt over Kevin Smith and his movies not living up to some mythical standard that Bob thinks they should have attained.

Did the guy blank you at a convention or something? Just move on for god sake

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Bob doesn't stay butt-hurt forever, he's forgiving when he thinks said franchise deserves prays.

Remember he hated American Pies? Then he liked the most recent one.

Remember he hated Fast and the Furious? Then he liked the most recent one.

Once/If Kevin Smith makes a movie Bob deems good, believe me he wont be petty and trash on it, he'll review it for what it is.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Another Kevin Smith jab? Take another shot!

Seriously, let it go, this repetitiveness doesn't do Shlocktober any favors, people like this season of the Big Picture as its pure obscure madness/cultural artifacts, which are always the best episodes of any time in the year.

Anyway, this film. What was the ending? I saw it but I'm still confused haha!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
daxterx2005 said:
Bob doesn't stay butt-hurt forever, he's forgiving when he thinks said franchise deserves prays.

Remember he hated American Pies? Then he liked the most recent one.

Remember he hated Fast and the Furious? Then he liked the most recent one.

Once/If Kevin Smith makes a movie Bob deems good, believe me he wont be petty and trash on it, he'll review it for what it is.
Didn't the most recent American Pie movie end up on his worst of the year list?

Err, anyway, he even trashes on movies he (supposedly) liked. The X-Men: Days of Future Past review was basically using it as an example of how the X-Men franchise is not good (or not in a good position) while at the same time calling it pretty good. Then again, the new Godzilla is now pretty good as well. The opinion shifts are a bit bizarre.

OT: Killer sheep doesn't top killer rabbits, but it's close.

Aug 12, 2013
I know two really great scholocky filmsJesse James meets Frankenstein's Daughter and it's companion film Dracula vs. Billy the Kid both these films are just as wacky and weird as The Godmonster of Indian Flats.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Speaking as someone who spent the first 17 years of my life working on a ranch (and helping every summer thereafter) A sheep is the least intimidating creature on the range. They're docile and dumb.
You want a scary farm animal. Get you a pig. Yeah, they don't look as demonic as a goat or bull. But pigs man, they can be belligerent as hell that and they're one of the few livestock animals that isn't an herbivore. I've known people who've lost fingers or had bones broken due to pigs being mad. That and the fact they can chew and digest bone is kind of scary.
A Sheep.. well if you're allergic to wool they're pretty terrifying.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait? Did that got rich guy got turn into the fetus and did the sheep monster got blown up in the end and was that mayor guy just ranting about god or something?

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
So is "The God Monster" using the word monster in a metaphorical way?

As in the sheep thing isn't the only "monster" in the film?

(Like how in The Mist, the biggest threat actually was from the survivors themselves, rather than the wildlife)

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
Came here to watch a good/funny Schlocktober video. Left when I saw another pointless Kevin Smith jab. Bored now.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Never before has the "WTF did I just see?" caption been needed.
Does every schlocky horror movie have to be "about" something? How about one where its' just something creepy and scary that the director thought was creepy and scary.
Stabby Joe said:
Another Kevin Smith jab? Take another shot!

Seriously, let it go, this repetitiveness doesn't do Shlocktober any favors, people like this season of the Big Picture as its pure obscure madness/cultural artifacts, which are always the best episodes of any time in the year.

Anyway, this film. What was the ending? I saw it but I'm still confused haha!
So that's why the run time was a minute longer than it should have been. It's like in his movie reviews he spends too much time ragging on whatever comic book movie is up his ass that year.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
So this is actually a thing? I´ve heard Ashens mention it in a bunch of his interviews with game developers (for some weird reason), but i thought he was just fucking around and making stuff up.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I'm confused. How is this like Tusk again?

This movie sounds like it would be better if they removed the monster.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Man, this was a weird movie to even see clips from. How does "Sheep Gives birth to Larva Demon" relate to "Small Western Town is Corrupt"?

But I want to point out that the word "Quixotic" is not pronounced 'Ket-zo-tic', it's pronounced 'Key-ho-tic'. You know, like the Character the word derived from, Don Quixote.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I am actually confused how this ends.
Did the Godmonster die in the gas stationexplosion?
Does someone shoot it???

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
weirdsoup said:
Jesus, yes, we get it. Bob has big butt-hurt over Kevin Smith and his movies not living up to some mythical standard that Bob thinks they should have attained.

Did the guy blank you at a convention or something? Just move on for god sake
At this point I'm starting to wonder if he's seriously this focused on Kevin Smith, or if it's just become part of his schtick. If sincere, the focus is approaching obsession. I'd shudder to think what his reaction would be if someone genuinely hurt his feelings. Like, do exes have to change their numbers and leave the state? If schtick, the joke is old and tired. I don't even like Kevin Smith except for Dogma (I do love some Dogma), but damn - if Smith is so dissappointing and irrelevant STOP BRINGING HIM UP ALL THE TIME AND LET HIM BE DISSAPOINTING AND IRRELEVANT! When he comes out with a new movie or something, do your review, take your shots, and. move. on.

Either way, self-righteousness has been his thing for a long time. I thought maybe he would find another angle, or mature in the way he presents his critiques, but neither seems likely. He preaches, blatantly points fingers - quite literally with that little graphic of the finger pointing at the audience (most frequently seen in Overthinker segments) - singles out segments of the gaming comunity and society in genereal and lectures them, and exposes (and dwells on) his personal beefs. Even when I agree with him (and I usually do), it's like that annoying uncle following you around proseletyzing. Something is off when the audience can agree with the speaker and yet want to hear LESS. Imagine then, the response of those who dissagree / those he intends to pursuade.

It's different from the way Jim does it. His self-righteousness is obviously played for laughs, exaggerated to the nth degree, played up with a quasi alter-ego, and is so over the top and tongue-in-cheek that it comes back around to being parody. It's overtly funny, and that humor lets the audience enjoy the criticism as a form of comedic entertainment. The biggest difference is I can DISAGGREE with him (rare, but it happens), and yet want to hear MORE.

I'm not saying Movie Bob should try to be, or immitate, someone else. Rather, there is simply a difference between finding clever, entertaining modes of argument and pursuasion on the one side - and incessantly pounding on about the same topic for weeks on end on the other. There's a difference between self-righteousness played for laughs, and actual self-righteousness.

Aug 12, 2013
ace_of_something said:
Speaking as someone who spent the first 17 years of my life working on a ranch (and helping every summer thereafter) A sheep is the least intimidating creature on the range. They're docile and dumb.
You want a scary farm animal. Get you a pig. Yeah, they don't look as demonic as a goat or bull. But pigs man, they can be belligerent as hell that and they're one of the few livestock animals that isn't an herbivore. I've known people who've lost fingers or had bones broken due to pigs being mad. That and the fact they can chew and digest bone is kind of scary.
A Sheep.. well if you're allergic to wool they're pretty terrifying.

My grandfather raised hogs and the last batch he had they were all the size of a German Shepard (which is a big breed of dog) I used to have a picture with me sitting on the back of one like a horse. Of course the next time I visited my Grandfather he a huge amount of salted pork and ham which was pretty good now that I think about it.

There was a film called Razorback which from what I heard is about was about wild pigs, hogs, or boars attacking people. And Gary Oldman also tried to feed Hannibal Lector to big hogs in Hannibal.