The Big Picture: Secrets of S.H.I.E.L.D.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Secrets of S.H.I.E.L.D.

MovieBob speculates on the upcoming television show spun-off from The Avengers.

Watch Video

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Aww man, I love hearing about all these comic book characters and potential for new movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I recognise most of the heroes that made onto the list except for Maxam, Blue Marvel and the Patriot fathers before him).
As for me I betting on Rage and Luke Cage.

Sean Kay

Jul 4, 2011
Well the smart money is on it being Luke Cage, that way they can bring in Daredevil if they get the rights, as well as Iron Fist for a Heroes For Hire TV spinoff (which would be totally awesome. That and Damage Control)
Still, I'd like to see the Bradley's story on screen, if nothing else it opens up the whole world of the various Weapon I through X projects to use as heroes and villains

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I think the reason behind Coulson's survival is pretty simple...Fury just kinda trolled them. A lie within a lie basically. We knew he lied about the cards, but I guess he also lied about the death of Coulson too.

To paraphrase Kung Pow

"We only saw him do this...hrrrk...guhhhh........that doesn't mean a person is dead."

And yeah, it is intriguing to see who this is going to be. I agree at first glance I did just assume Luke Cage, and I'm still standing by that, but I suppose I could see it being one of the other characters closer to the bottom of the list.

In all honesty though, with how you were talking about them, it sounds like Maxam should have been higher on the list than Black Panther,

Jan 12, 2012
I don't think that there is a chance of Josiah X unless they radically rewrite him. Sad to say, but no way in hell is a network going to have a superhero who is both black and Muslim as the star.

DVS BSTrD said:
If it is Nick Cage I'm just disappointed they didn't hire Old Spike Guy to play him.
LUKE Cage, not Nick Cage. That would be... different [http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/01/nickcagesuperman1.jpg].

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
My money is on Luke Cage. He makes perfect sense and as a go to for most a lot of story arcs that included him before he was an actual member of the Avengers.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Damn, Bob! Major speed run on this speculation list. Sadly, Luke Cage would have to be dropped since Whedon had said that the mystery man isn't Luke Cage. But the rest of the list is a good selection of possible candidates. As for my pick, I'd have to go with either Rage of the second Power Man but don't quote me. The best piece of evidence we've got is a brief shot of our hero's arm at 2:14 on the full trailer.

If anyone has a theory they want to test, please speak up.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
For me, Luke Cage is the obvious choice, though Rage or Isiah Bradley sound like interesting choices...

I'm actually kinda interested in seeing this show now...

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
I remember Isaiah Mustafa making a fan promo pitch to Marvel for Luke Cage. I'm curious now too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQd2dWui2vw

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
The second I saw this I immediately thought Luke Cage and I still do. Luke would be really interesting to see.

mrblakemiller

Aug 13, 2010
Let's see...

Someone above me said that Joss said that Luke Cage isn't the guy, but then again, JJ Abrams definitively said Cumberbatch's character wasn't Khan, and Chris Nolan said Talia Ah Ghul wouldn't be in Dark Knight 3, soooo... (Which would annoy the piss out of me; be obscure all you want but don't lie to my face).

My money's on Cage, with maybe a little on Rage, and then "new character" all the way. The others are just too obscure and useless or would ravage the rich histories of the characters to put them in that position (Man, could you see Black Panther saving people in civvies and not already knowing what SHIELD is? Would be a terrible disservice to his history).

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Hum shield gets their own show? Here?s hoping it good.

I am kind of disappointed coulson is still alive since I was really hoping they weren?t going to do that, but it is based on comic books so really who?s surprised.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
My money is on luke cage, but if that's true it'll be boring, I wish they bring in someone new that's not in the comics with their own stories.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Whoa, Falcon [//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_(comics)] didn't make the list at all? Granted, "super strength" isn't one of his given abilities (but then neither is it one of Black Panther's) but if a Captain America-connection is all that is needed to make the list, I'm surprised the Falcon's name hasn't been passed around - especially given he's (arguably) mainstream comics' first African-American superhero.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
It's not Luke Cage, according to someone working on the show (don't remember who, exactly). I'm hoping for Rage. Rage was entertaining the the Initiative.

pottyaboutpotter1

Mar 3, 2013
I'm just excited because it's a new Joss Whedon show. I also want to see some of his circle of actors appearing in it. Sarah Michele Gellar as a SHIELD agent/Carol Danes anyone?