The Big Picture: Secrets of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Edguy

Jan 31, 2011
Mr. Q said:
The best piece of evidence we've got is a brief shot of our hero's arm at 2:14 on the full trailer.

If anyone has a theory they want to test, please speak up.
No theory, but here's a screen:

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Hectix777 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
If it is Luke Cage I'm just disappointed they didn't hire Old Spike Guy to play him.
Spice and his name is Isaiah Mustafa, and as much as I REALLY want to see him in a Marvel movie, I think the best person to play Luke Cage in a movie is Terry Crews. Unless you are talking about Terry Crews?

Wait are you talking about ,"Hello ladies," Old Spice or ,"16 HOURS OF ODOR BLOCKING POOOWWEEEEEEEEEEEEER," Old Spice?
Not sure if Isaiah Mustafa (the "Hello, ladies" pitch man) is a good fit for the role of Luke Cage imo. His self-made pitch trailer didn't really sell me.

His guest appearance in Marvel's What The..?! on the other hand...

Still, Terry Crews (the "16 HOURS OF ODOR BLOCKING POOOWWEEEEEEEEEEEEER" pitch man) might work but this is debatable until the cows come home.

Speaking of Terry Crews and Marvel...

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Edguy said:
Mr. Q said:
The best piece of evidence we've got is a brief shot of our hero's arm at 2:14 on the full trailer.

If anyone has a theory they want to test, please speak up.
No theory, but here's a screen:
Thanks, Edguy.

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
Wait I thought this was a prequel (to the Avengers) series. Why is Bob wondering how Phil came back?

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
How in the heck was this the first time of me hearing this show?
I must have been living under a rock :V

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I had a moment of confusion when Bob said "premiers this fall". I found myself wondering why he was using the future tense instead of the past tense, given it's winter right now. Then I remembered he's a Yank, and the seasons up there are inverted.

Why can't companies give release dates unambiguously? If you can't get any more accurate than 3 months, use "Nth Quarter" and stop confusing those of us who live under the Southern Cross.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I'm not a comic book guy but from these brief descriptions a lot of them sound the same.

"A black guy was exposed to something and now has super strength"

Although, I guess super strength is kind of a must for any super hero.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Hm, my money's still on Cage. Funny part about Bob's list is half of them are too big, the other half is too small, while Luke is just right. :p

Bad Goldilocks joke aside safe bet to eliminate the Hulk sized people since the guy isn't that big, and the not so super strong ones like Blade, Panther and Patriot wouldn't have made such a huge impact on landing. So Cage fits the bill size wise at least.

mrseriousguy

Sep 24, 2011
I think he's a Skrul...Chitauri infiltrator turned hero.. AKA little known character called Crusader.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Z%27Reg_(Earth-616)

He kinda fits with the events involving the Cosmic Cube in the MCU. And since marvel has the Skrull rights back, he can be included as one of Thanos's spies. Now if he no memory of how he got bracer and later he finds out he "is" one of the badguys. He would have to make a choice. Themes that Whedon has done in his stories.

Of course I could be wrong and we get a skinny Luke Cage lol.

DoctorImpossible

Jan 18, 2013
I don't think he's Luke Cage. I feel like Marvel wants Cage for a solo film, or more likely, a Heroes For Hire buddy film and in either case they're going to cast a bigger name than Richards.

Rage fits but... something tells me the whole "angry black child in a superstrong adult body" is going to draw a lot of criticism. Unless he's been Rage for awhile and is now mentally in his 20's or 30's. Would make for great backstory in that case.

This is all assuming he's not playing a formerly white character. I dunno. I wish they'd tell us.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
My money is on a whole new character. Why? because I am a gambler throwing away my money. LOL

Well played Bob, well played

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Zorg Machine said:
SPOILER it has been confirmed that it is Sam wilson aka the falcon.
Really, where did you hear that?

That would be an interesting choice also. But I am not that familiar with the character.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
the7ofswords said:
Blade the Vampire Hunter≠Eric Draven. Blade's real name is Eric Brooks.

Eric Draven was the lead in The Crow.

Just, you know ... for the record.
It really is a shame Bob doesn't seem to read the comments. This one really needs rubbing in...