The Big Picture: Skin Game

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
Animal welfare: something I can support. Under this umbrella is killing animals that are going to slaughter quick and painlessly (Last I saw they shock them before killing them, still pretty gruesome but painless) and prosecuting those who abuse animals for some sick gain.
Animal rights: Kinda stupid and pointless. What I understand, animal rights is trying to give animals the same rights as humans.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Known about the 90% stat for a while.

Like I've always said - I'm for animal welfare. That's why I despise PETA.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
PETA; People Exterminating Trained Animals.

Since they want to do away with pets in general, and taking in to consideration "Crimes against Animals", would that not constitute genocide? This would make PETA's boss the new Hitler.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
You forgot to mention how Peta's second in command (I forgot her name, look it up if you care) uses insulin, the sugar processing drug/enzyme thing. The very same that Peta hates, because it comes from animals.

Penn and Teller did an episode on this. Pretty good episode too.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well damn. I've heard of PETA before, and thought : hey, they fight against animal cruel or something like that, right? I mean, i guess they're nice and all.
When i heard about them doing this (the game), i was a bit confused and didn't like that they were exaggerating it. And now this. Not cool, not cool at all.

Phlakes said:
I've drafted my email to them.
That email was awesome. Makes me think i should send something their way, too.
But i wonder, is PETA a USA-only organization, or has it spread into the EU too? Haven't really seen much of them where i live, so that's why I'm wondering. Tho i am living in quite a small country and all.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
I honestly don't give a flying shit. Wear fur and leather is no different from eat meat. Or do you really believe that the pig survives the bacon extraction?

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Masterful rebuttal, better than most of your soapboxes. I didn't know any of this about PETA, just that they were the most radical of the animal-rights groups out there. I will probably formulate an email to that address you gave eventually after I think of a few constructive things to say beyond '**** you'.

Their title is misleading- they sound more like an ultra-extreme form of population control for animals. And while that has been a growing problem for a while due to a reluctance to neuter, when one such stray is taken from a shelter and given a long, fulfilling life instead of the euthanasia they endorse, no one can realistically say it's a bad thing.

Also, if you're going to euthanize cows/leather giving animals, well... may as well make some use of the body correct? It's not like they're alive for the extraction.

Completely correct- this isn't about Mario or Tanookis at all, but grabbing attention at any cost. Tactics right up there with a certain disbarred lawyer I shall not deign to mention by name, lest he appear and stab my eyes out.

Tarik94

Sep 13, 2008
I will support Peta, only if they exterminate the entire chihuahua race of dogs.

Also, Everyone are wearing cotton and eating veggies and fruits once in a while, well I got news for you: plants live too you know!

scroll down to point #7 on this article and you will understand: http://www.cracked.com/article_19456_8-things-you-wont-believe-plants-do-when-no-ones-looking.html

lol, j/k

On a serious note: I support Animal Welfare, but not rights. The animals aren't intelligent, what the hell are they supposed to do with rights? vote? Come on now!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Giest4life said:
I do not believe that there is any such thing as "rights"; the concept of "rights" is a social construct that is fully contingent on the time and place that they exist in.
Why is that a reason to ignore them?

To be honest, I think you're trying a bit too hard with the cynicism thing.

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
mlooshka said:
I find it hard to believe that there are still people who don't know how messed up PETA is. Nevertheless, thank you for doing this - maybe there's a few animal lovers out there that will now stop giving money to these idiots.
For the most part I think most people already go about ignoring PETA until they do something outrageously stupid, like villainizing Mario. And then they typically go back to ignoring PETA again.

I really appreciate Bob for making this video. I never cared enough about PETA to realize the magnitude of their d-baggery.

Axeion

Feb 18, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
You forgot to mention how Peta's second in command (I forgot her name, look it up if you care) uses insulin, the sugar processing drug/enzyme thing. The very same that Peta hates, because it comes from animals.

Penn and Teller did an episode on this. Pretty good episode too.
Was just gona post that vid. Warning about the mature words used tho.Also if your a big donator to peta for years it may come as a shock.Few friends wifes were big suporters an just couldnt belive peta is not for the greater good. Many feathers were ruffled after watching.

This is not even the 1st time peta has gona after games.THey went after wow few years ago for some virtual animal abuse.Belive back in the day they went after everquest to becasue you use animal skins in game for trade skills.

uberhippy

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks Bob for bringing such a (personally annoying) issue to everyones attention,
and for dealing with siad Issue so well

PETA are one of the most frustrating groups out there, they give a bad name to their own kind, and lump together, genuinly non-crazy people, with them!!

I'm a believer in Animal rights & welfare, I'm a Vegan, I've organised veggie groups, been in animal rights groups (the non-crazy kind), and have been working for years in dog shelters & homes,
Yet again and again, people still think We're all one be group of crazy, attention grabbing egotists!

Thank you for very clearly differentiating me & those who agree with me, from the lunatics in PETA

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
you just proven to be the pussy I had you for. wtf use are redundant animals, theyre just waste of resources, peta undestands at least that.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I am so f**king annoyed now! Ive stood up for PETA in the past thinking that they must at least do some good for animal kind but if whats presented in this video is true it has become clear to me that they are, at their core, a bunch of fanatics!!!

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Wow, I knew PETA was crazy and that its best to ignore them, but I didn't realize that outside of being lunatics that they were actively evil as well.

Well done Bob, well done.