The Big Picture: Skin Game

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
ThrobbingEgo said:
Actually, synthetic insulin's been produced since the 1980s (derived from bacteria). I think it would be pretty hard to find insulin harvested from pigs nowadays.
Oh? That's cool. I'll have to find the place where I read about what she said then and ask them about it, because otherwise why wouldn't she have just said that?

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Well as much as I don't like Movie Bob (I denounced him as full of himself, as well as shit, after the first episode of the Big Picture) but I must say, I decided to watch this for some reason and I must say, he is right in this regard.

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
I once spent upwards of twenty minutes explaining to an airheaded girl why our high school's newspaper cannot and will never run a story on how amazing and noble PETA is. Funny thing is, even after I told her about the sea kittens, the comparison of slaughterhouses to the Holocaust, and the whole Cooking Mama...thing, she kind of nodded and went back to looking at the website. That's what drives me crazy about PETA. Their claims of ethics sucker in all those people with good hearts but lacking brains.

Usually, I don't like it when people draw attention to things like this, but Bob actually said something about the issue. Also, though I'm a strong supporter of animal rights myself, he brought up some issues with PETA that I was previously unaware of. So thank you Bob, for giving those people the verbal beating they deserve. (I suppose the physical beating will have to wait.)

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
You the man Bob! At least we might be able to take this attention and use it to rub them the wrong way. I never liked Peta but I had no idea they were evil, or that they ran such ludicrous ad campaigns! I always regarded them as a fat joke. I'm glad you're setting people straight on how horrible their policies are.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
A friend of mine linked http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/14-steps-that-will-evolve-your-views-on-eating-animals.aspx on Facebook and supported it.
I tried to be reserve in criticising it, as it was a social network, but I felt like it could be damaging if I couldn't back-up my opinions. Feeling like I had nothing to lose as in she never actually spoke to me in Uni, I decided to link her this video and Penn and Teller's BS episode to, so she can get both sides of the argument. Lets see what she does.