The Big Picture: The Big Picture of Boston

MovieBob

New member
Dec 31, 2008
11,495
0
0
The Big Picture of Boston

MovieBob takes you to the streets of Boston in this special PAX East episode.

Watch Video
 

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
1,846
0
0
Bob, do you really think there isn't going to be at least one AC3 cosplayer up one of Boston's, admittedly pretty, historical buildings at any given time during PAX?

I hope someone made a bad slasher movie about the Charlie of those Charlie Card/Ticket/story.

And I'm genuinely tempted to go to Boston, regardless of conventions.
 

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
999
0
0
I wish I could come over and climb all your historical buildings.
 

MovieBob

New member
Dec 31, 2008
11,495
0
0
I need to get back to Boston sometime.
Chrono212 said:
I hope someone made a bad slasher movie about the Charlie of those Charlie Card/Ticket/story.

And I'm genuinely tempted to go to Boston, regardless of conventions.
Well there is The Midnight Meat Train.

You should totally stop by, we got a lot of monuments to look at and the restaurants are great!
 

andersgeek

New member
Jul 6, 2010
126
0
0
Man, I'm enjoying it much too much when Bob's talking with his accent. Nice extra episode. :eek:)
 

Zealous

New member
Mar 24, 2009
375
0
0
Oh God, he went full Bostonian. I think this is going to be my favourite TBP episode for a really long time.

Also, those super over the top hand gestures were pretty funny. After learning to read someone's intent simply by the sound of their voice (and drawings of faces), it's weird to have them over exaggerate hand gestures to try and spice up their presentation.
 

MovieBob

New member
Dec 31, 2008
11,495
0
0
Don Reba said:
I wish I could come over and climb all your historical buildings.
We also had a hill called Beacon Hill back during the revolution. We dug it out to fill in the bay at some point (work with what we got) and built the state house there, which is also called Beacon Hill
http://sites.tufts.edu/chat/files/2011/01/state-house-boston-mabo5.jpg
The top of the dome is how high the actual hill used to be, Ben Franklin told me so :p
Bet you an eagle feather you can't climb that!
 

the clockmaker

New member
Jun 11, 2010
423
0
0
Being the irredeemable fuck that I am, I want to make snide comments about doing a responsive comment video to you own commentary, but I just can't. I am a sucker for this sort of 'this is my home town and it is pretty cool isn't it' sort of non-qualified (in the sense of he doesn't start hanging shit on it) honestly enthusiastic plugging of some blokes home town.

Well done Bobski, honest kudos from this mongrel anyways. I wish more people would plug their home towns. I would, but I don't want you bastards knowing where I come from, so that is another one up for bob.
 

jehk

New member
Mar 5, 2012
384
0
0
I recommend stopping by central square. Screw MIT and Harvard. We have the most helpful bums you'll find in any city.
 

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
999
0
0
DVS BSTrD said:
We also had a hill called Beacon Hill back during the revolution. We dug it out to fill in the bay at some point (work with what we got) and built the state house there, which is also called Beacon Hill

The top of the dome is how high the actual hill used to be, Ben Franklin told me so :p
Bet you an eagle feather you can't climb that!
That looks mighty impressive. But, wait, you are from Boston? I will have to read your posts with Bob's accent from now on.
 

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
13,768
0
0
Was he hamming up the accent a bit in the spirit of the video?

Because it sure sounded like it.
 

ShotgunZombie

New member
Dec 20, 2009
315
0
0
Bob I like you and I thought this video was pretty good but damn it dude you need a decent mic for live action cameos.
 

MovieBob

New member
Dec 31, 2008
11,495
0
0
Don Reba said:
DVS BSTrD said:
We also had a hill called Beacon Hill back during the revolution. We dug it out to fill in the bay at some point (work with what we got) and built the state house there, which is also called Beacon Hill

The top of the dome is how high the actual hill used to be, Ben Franklin told me so :p
Bet you an eagle feather you can't climb that!
That looks mighty impressive. But, wait, you are from Boston? I will have to read your posts with Bob's accent from now on.
Massachusetts, but apparently we all sound the same up here :p
Zhukov said:
Was he hamming up the accent a bit in the spirit of the video?

Because it sure sounded like it.
Wouldn't you, mayte?
 

Bara_no_Hime

New member
Sep 15, 2010
3,646
0
0
Ah Boston. I love that town. I haven't been able to visit in several years, though.

They hosted AWP (a literary fiction convention) a few weeks ago. I... couldn't go to that either.

But, on the plus side, I might be visiting Boston this summer. Yay!
 

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
4,252
0
0
Bob you should seriously keep your normal accent in all your videos, I find it quite fascinating really.

Also, Boston is a place on my "to do" list if I ever decide to visit the colonies, and Fenway Park too. Seeing as the Sox and my team share a common benefactor, it only seems right.
 

Eppy (Bored)

Crazed Organist
Jan 7, 2009
149
0
0
...now I want to go to PAX but I can't because I'm poor and nobody loves me.

Also, woah accent.
 

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
695
0
0
Wait, why does this look so weird?

Did Bob superimpose his own head onto someone else's body?
Did he adjust the width and girth of his own body and kept his head normal?

I don't know what he did, but it really looks off and strange.

But anyway, nice video.
Thanks Bob