The Big Picture: The Big Picture of Boston

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
I can just imagine if I did a video like this about Pittsburgh, it would turn into the Cleveland tourism video. Also, does the bullet train run up to Boston or does it stop at New York?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Yeah, I was pretty much like "Hey, I remember seeing that in TED" during the entire video.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Movie Bob, this was very nice and Boston seems to be a very nice place.

For your next episode, or some episode in the future; you should address the Young Justice cancelation! Or you should address cartoon superhero stuff in general!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I visited Boston in 2004. Bad idea as it was during the big dig thing and the whole place looked like one big work site. Hope to visit there again one day. There is a historical feel to the place i love, being from London with tons of history everywhere. So, yeah, Boston is on my want to visit list. Not for PAX though......those places can be boring. You look, and within an hour or so you have seen everything. Me, dont care about actors or cosplay. Maybe pick up some movies or whatever but overal, take in the sites of Boston.

They have that Clam Chowder, they love that. :)

Darklord008

Dec 14, 2011
Man, if I hadn't just gone to Boston last summer, I would be dying for a chance to do so now. Hell, even factoring that in, I wanna go back really bad now!

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
... The Giants are better...

This was fun though. I don't think I'm going to find myself in Boston any time soon (at least not until Fallout 4 comes out), but it was still interesting.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Despite living is Massachusetts, the beginning of this video had a lot of things I've never seen before. I guess I've just never really been in the silver line area. Also I used to think everyone called public transportation the T.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
Great interesting and informative episode, Bob. If I ever manage to make it out to Boston I'm sure I now know more than I did somewhat over seven minutes ago.

Oh yeah, one thing, I'm from London so when I saw the map of the public transport system and watched Bob explain how complex and confusing it can be, I was like "***** please!"

bananafishtoday

Nov 30, 2012
Hutzpah Chicken said:
I can just imagine if I did a video like this about Pittsburgh, it would turn into the Cleveland tourism video. Also, does the bullet train run up to Boston or does it stop at New York?
It's not a real bullet train, but the Acela does run between New York and Boston. Like 3 hours on the express I think?

Edit: The problem is that most of the track/equipment it runs on/with is ridic old. Like it has a top speed of 150mph, but often it can't break 60mph because of the shitty infrastructure. If we ever got real high-speed rail, it could be much faster (and cheaper,) but the govt funding serious infrastructure buildout is a pipe dream at this point. /endrant

Tbh you'd be much better served taking a Chinatown bus if you're looking to get to Boston from the city. It doesn't take that much longer, and it's a good fifth of the price.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
It felt like Bob did a major homage to Tim & Eric with how he presented this. Which is absolutely fine, I laughed quite a bit. I say it could have used even moar accent, it went to "broadcaster" in the Boston episode.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
ShotgunZombie said:
Bob I like you and I thought this video was pretty good but damn it dude you need a decent mic for live action cameos.
I think the mic was overloaded by the awesome accent.

I can see why Bob uses his broadcasting voice for his vids, but I do like it when he takes the accent out for a spin.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I like TourBob. If this whole having a career thing doesn't work out you can easily become a tour guide.

Xisin

Sep 1, 2009
Weird taking a tour of the place you grew up in.

Seriously, take the T if you are going. Seems complicated at first but it's the easiest and fastest way to get around.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Well Bob, over half of London's subway system is actually above ground and they call that the "underground."

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
All that time in front of a green screen and not one Wayne's World reference to being whisked away to magical "Delaware", which I understand, is as far away from Boston as could possibly be, but still...

Oh well, a man can dream.

This was actually a very nice episode. I can't say I've had any interest to travel to Boston (No disrespect, I just haven't had any reasons yet), but should I ever travel to Boston, it sounds like a video I'd revisit just to have a good idea of what to do there (The park sounds nice. The images you chose were quite lovely).

Plus, hitting up a movie theater would be nice, maybe the IMAX would be cool to check out.

No complaints, a very nice video, Bob.