The Big Picture: The Big Picture of Boston

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
I keep getting suprised about people mentioning never seeing his face. He does do two other web shows where his face is always on screen. "Game Overthinker" and "Overbytes"

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
I just watched this whole episode despite the fact that I'll probably never go to Boston, because MovieBob's accent is AWESOME!

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Oh yah! Oh yah! Harda! Harda!

Edit: Seems like alot of people haven't seen Bob before, well there's more of him on the escapist expo vids, he even did a mario dance in one of them. Don't know if you can still find them on the website though.

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
Good rundown Bob. I live in New Hampshire, but I always loved visiting Boston. I've been to the science museum and aquarium more times than I can count. Mostly because at least once a year schools up here take a trip down and visit the place.

You also get this strange sense of how old everything is down there. I mean, it's not that strange, I do live in NH which is about as old. I guess there's a greater appreciation for history there, probably because Boston was the biggest city in the country during the Revolution.

PS: Faneuil Hall probably has some of the best food I've eaten in Boston.

Sep 24, 2008
Little tip for all those driving.

I live in New York. I find driving around Manhattan easier than Boston. Make of that as you will.

And while on that topic, are you a Yankees Fan? Great! Good for you!

Do not show it in any way at all.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Didn't go to PAX this year, but that was still very informative. Boston's alwats been one of my "I should go there some day" destinations and it's nice to know a little more about the place from this perspective.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
I need to get back to Boston sometime.
Chrono212 said:
I hope someone made a bad slasher movie about the Charlie of those Charlie Card/Ticket/story.

And I'm genuinely tempted to go to Boston, regardless of conventions.
Well there is The Midnight Meat Train.

You should totally stop by, we got a lot of monuments to look at and the restaurants are great!
Sounds like SCP 342.
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-342

YicklePigeon

Jan 3, 2012
It was good to see Bob in front of the camera again (instead of when I seen him in the Escapist Expo videos) and, like others here, I would prefer to see him rather than the smiley faces and such.

As for Boston, Bob's summation seals the deal for me. Despite the fact that I watched the video more to see how many locations he'd show that were also shown in Spenser: For Hire (as opposed to Leverage) than anything else... :D

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
You shoudl do travel advertisements, the only ad eve that made me actually want to come and take a look.
also you could have seen how bob looked before, in the expo videos.

DeadMG

Oct 1, 2007
I'm sorry Bob, I usually love Escape to the Movies and Big Picture, but this was terrible. Every single person who *wasn't* attending PAX, like, say, virtually all of them, had absolutely nothing in this video. I was expecting, say, some commentary on that PyCon fracas, not randomly "Let's come visit Boston". Let's not come visit Boston. Some of us need money, y'know.

Also, this part I'm really sad to say, but you sound so much better when not in live action. Maybe you just have a really bad live-action microphone or something, but the live-action Bob was nowhere near as pleasant-sounding.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
It was weird when Bob went back and forth between his "radio voice" and his "regular voice". I kinda wish he would have just stuck with his regular speaking voice through the whole thing, just for authenticity's sake.

But this was actually pretty neat. Makes me want to actually go check out Boston sometime (not a big fan of PAX, to be honest).

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Bob's big-talking body language kinda reminds me of the NPC dialogue animation in Sonic 06.

Still, gotta love his qualified enthusiasm. Pretty much every city is like that, you talk about how great it is, but then some parts of it are goofy, and all you can say is, well, that's New York/Boston/Columbus/Chicago/Kansas City for ya.

I always advertise Columbus as "a nice place to live but ya wouldn't want to visit there". Except, I thought Ohio was a "boring town" in the "Bible Belt" until I went to Kansas City, where literally EVERYthing closes down on Sunday.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Bob, that shirt... is that a Time Pair-o-Socks?

I can't think of anything else sock related that would warrant a shirt. :)