The Big Picture: The Devil & Mr. Parker

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
"Make a deal with the Marvel Devil. He has no idea what he's doing."

I see what you did there.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I saw the title and read the description and then I said OH SHIT THIS IS ABOUT SPIDERMAN!

Edit: Went back and watched it. The point, I think your missing it. The Devil stamped out their marriage because they had "true love", and Mephisto felt this was a fantastic way to give a fuck you to god, Cause he's the devil thats what he does.

What you need to understand is leading up to this Peter was consoled by superhero's, great sages, the soul of Aunt May, EVEN GOD HIMSELF, CAME AND SPOKE TO HIM, and told him to LET THE 90 YEAR OLD BAT FUCKING DIE BECAUSE SHE'S FUCKING 98 GODDAMN SON LKJHFJKAD but he said fuck you to everyone, his relationship, his unborn child (MJ was pregnant or heavily implied to be, making this also a pseudo abortion story)

I don't hate BND because it erased continuity, I don't give a shit - I think every comic should have a period reboot to keep shit from getting too complex. The reason I hate Quesada and BND is because it was a complete editors decision, made no sense from the characters standpoint, and has turned Peter Parker, once lovable down on his luck jokester, to a fucking loser with bad relationships whose basically, kind of a dick. The writing for him since BND has been atrocious, none of the old spidey fun or responsibility is still there, and now there's some mary sue named carlie who is an expy of Quesada's actual daughter being forced on Peter and the fans are piiissseed.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
That leads into the other reason why the mainstream doesn't read comics (or rather INFORMS the other reason):

They are often REALLY stupid. For a study in this go read Final Crisis.

(Not always though. Identity Crisis was awesome, as was the main Civil War story)

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
My problem with One More Day is that yeah, Spiderman married wasn't AWESOME, but he's been married since I was old enough to remember. And suddenly going from a fairly-happy, slightly-nerdy married man, to a thirty-something year old loser, still living in his Aunt's basement. Trying to tell us something, Marvel? And finally, that retcon; What a fucking ass pull! "We dont want spiderman to be married anymore, how do we retcon 20 years of canon? I KNOW! A wizard did it!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
This is madness! The OP is the Seventh post! And I watched it two hours earlier!

The story is so convulsed that they are pretending so much Canon never happened? They're going through the plot with hedge trimmers. This is what happens when you keep a story open too long.

Calumon: Maybe they should stop? That'd make people stop complaining.

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
My god that plot was...stupid. Comic aren't very big in the UK (in fact i only know one show where they sell them regularly and it's about 70 miles from where i live) so i don't know anything outside basic facts and the movies.

But i was hoping you'd talk about your thoughts on the Spider-man reboot and i'd love to hear your two-cents on the subject in your awesome manner =)

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
psrdirector said:
should we inform bob that the deal of the devil has already been reconnect out. and instead they just got a divorce and dr. strange, tony stark and mr. fantastic did it instead. or should we just let him think comics are not that weird :p
They didn't get a divorce, they still just didn't get married in the first place. Plus I think O.M.I.T is what people in the Marvel universe thinks happened as opposed to what actually did happen.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Ah man and I already sold my soul to eternal damnation for a Klondike bar...<.<

SimGrave

Jan 7, 2010
Yes it's cheesy alright. But it's no worst than Hulk's nightmare that lasted for 70 or so issues. Anyone knows what about talking about. But hey, at least with Spider-Man than made something a little more complex to wipe other writers' mistakes. It's no wonder that Comics aren't popular to general audiance. It's not too complicated. It's uselessly complicated. All the twists and turn of a character that was created 50 years ago are hard to follow for new comers. Not only hard... but uninteresting, too!

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Well, Quesada is an asshole, so this is just right up his alley. Even he admits the move was purely for marketing reasons. What's really sad is that EVEN AUNT MAY'S SPIRIT TELLS PETER TO MOVE ON. But instead he throws a selfish hissy fit and this bullshit happens. I don't even read comics and I know how stupid this plot was.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Poor Mephisto. He spends too much time kissing Thanos' ass and making deals with Norse gods to understand human relationships.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Yeah, um... watch the #2 pick in the following video (about 25:55). It outlines all the problems with One More Day.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/27731-at4w-top15comicsineverreview

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
BND was such a cock punch by Quesada, a man who even explicitly stated when Spidey revealed his identity, "There will be no magic retcons for this". Then he pulls a literal magic fucking retcon out of his bloated ass. Also, NO ONE CAN SAVE MAY FROM A FUCKING GUNSHOT?! Riiiiiiight, it's not as if Doctor Strange can't magic her wounds away, Reed Richards can't make a bacta tank or the X-Men, who had a guy who's sole power was to heal people NO MATTER THE WOUND, couldn't help.

Noooooo, Mary Jane had to go away because if there is one thing comic fans don't understand, it's marriage and relationship problems because we're all just a bunch of greesy misanthropes masturbating in our mom's basement, right Quesada? So now Spider-man is a weekly comic, with villain-of-the-week flavour and no complexity because Spidey is back to his swinging 60's days.

Again, punch right to the cock.