The Big Picture: The Prophesy of Freakazoid

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Y'know, the moment he said "I know we're running long, but I want to talk about my Freakazoid villian", I knew we'd get the Candlejack joke. Geez, original much? Come

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
Oh Bob. Bob, Bob, Bob. I love you man. Every week you make me laugh. This one was one of my favorites. You get it Bob. You get how Candlejack would show u

Quadocky

Aug 30, 2012
Actually, I think the internet was more influential in various circles than we realize. It has not really changed at all given the demographic of the internet seems the same as it was before.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ah, Freakazoid.

I loved that show so much when I was growing up, and I missed watching them since they were taken off the air. So much awesome in them.

And Candlejack IS such a pain in the fu

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
The re runs of the show on Cartoon Network here on Argentina made my youth alot more fun. My grampa also loved the show.

By the way, after all this years, i STILL dont know who the fuck is that hairy long-necked midget that constantly appears on the show (and the stinger of the video)

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Oh, THAT'S what happened when he turned into Freakazoid? I always kinda assumed they weren't trying to make any sort of sense and we were just supposed to accept it.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I love that the Candlejack episode predates the Sopranos Final Episode in doing the exact same thing and is entire better than

OT: I've never actually watched Freakazoid! as a kid. I had the WB, but I didn't realize it existed until Pokemon appeared on it, and since I was a little kid and my taste in good cartoons never kicked in (Rocko's Modern Life is like the only funny thing from my childhood that I can mildly recall, and I didn't watch any Animaniacs, or again, Any WB programming), I'm not concrete enough on Freakazoid to consider buying it on DVD.

That being said, it sounds like it would be right up my alley as an adult.

Congrats also on the 100th episode. Please do an episode on the Tick. The Tick, Deadpool and Freakazoid sound like the hero squad we so desperately need.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Richard Norley said:
The Tick, Earthworm Jim, Freakazoid.

MAN, I miss the mid-90s!
How could I forget Earthworm Jim! He was a better video game character than a cartoon (Never saw an episode of EWJ, but my sister did).

Off topic: Did anybody know Bubsy The Bobcat had a cartoon?

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
I guess me and my friends were the odd ones out in this case. I remember trying to watch the show and thinking it was just horrible in every concievable aspect. We didnt find it funny, entertaining, or fun in any way. Having just tried to watch a few episodes again in my adult life, I think its still horrible

Although its possible that I just didnt "get it". Ive never been into most shows based around randomness because I tend to prefer strong narratives and relatible characters which Freakazoid was not

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
NO. BOB. YOU GOT THE JOKE WRONG. YOU DESPICABLE TROLL.
CANDLEJACK DOESN'T COME FOR YOU UNTIL YOU SAY HIS WHOLE NA-

Triality

May 9, 2011
Congratulations on 100 episodes Bob. You could not have picked a better topic for your centennial, considering I never realized how prophetic Freakazoid would wind up, and I was one of the fans when it played.

Also, CANDLEJACKWASTHEFIRSTSLENDERMANakljslfjejwoiwJOIEJAIOJAOIEJOIJAFKAL FD,. CV20 2352

totheark

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Congratulations on your 100th episode and here's to 100 more!

I never really watched Freakazoid, but I was a big fan of Animaniacs. I might have to rectify that.

Joshua Renaud

Sep 26, 2012
Bob, a friend of mine linked me to your show for this specific episode because he knows of my deep and abiding love for Freakazoid!
Watching this video reminded me of the "Island of Dr. Mystico" episode (with cameos by Tim Curry and Leonard Maltin) Your narration reminded me of Leonard Maltin's introduction to that episode.

I also love that the final episode had Norm Abram as himself. How many kids cartoon shows have Norm Abram? I only know of one.

Also, that show had some pretty irreverent moments. In one Lord Bravery short he says to his mother-in-law "Most people your age die. Why won't you?" Another thing you don't really expect from a kid's show.

I could go on forever about Freakazoid! but I think I've done enough. Thank you for the Weena Mercator reference. (Bonus points if you can name two other places that Weena Mercator has appeared in the credits.) Find Emmit Nervend one time in this response.

The whole time I've been typing this I've been trying to decide if I wanted to end it like everybody else by referencing... you know who. I think I'd rather be kidnapped by Orangu-men...

AAAAAHHHHH! Get your hands off me you hairy apes!

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Freakazoid was a bit before my time (In a sense) so I ended up growing with the reruns. Still a great show, though I can't say I remember Candlejack and his anti