The Big Picture: The Toxic Avenger

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Toxic Avenger

You're just one bucket of toxic waste away from greatness.

Watch Video

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
looks... good.

And since you mention the hub, could next weeks episode cover that channel, petty please with a mario game on top?

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
The only difference being that in this day and age the people at the top of the US government are trying to help the downtrodden, but are being held back by the greed and apathy of the people...

But yeah, that movie looks pretty good.

Feb 13, 2008
uhohimdead said:
i wanna see this now but where can one find it?
this?

Amazon [http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Avenger-Andree-Maranda/dp/6304723113], Play.com [http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/4285/The-Toxic-Avenger/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518%7Ccat:4285%7Cprd:4285], eBay [http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=%22The%2BToxic%2BAvenger%22]?

Do it though. It's AWESOME, RADICAL and TUBULAR!

Not quite Outrageous though, only Jem is truly outrageous.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
The only difference being that in this day and age the people at the top of the US government are trying to help the downtrodden, but are being held back by the greed and apathy of the people...

Maybe at the very top, but I think there is a lot of the system just trying to maintain the status quo. Movie Bob should do an episode on Yes, Minister, if he wants to talk about shows from the 80s that are still relevant.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
I wonder what a super hero to represent today's hot button issues and rage points would look like if Marvel of DC got around to designing one today. Could be interesting, but oh well. Interesting ep, Bob. Definitely make Schloctober an annual thing. Lord knows there's plenty of cult horror movies out there.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ha I remember bits of the Toxic Crusader cartoon show. If you think it's weird by turning a violent character into a kid shows, how about Freddy Krueger had once appear in this rap video? No he didn't kill anyone in that video.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
castlewise said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:

Maybe at the very top, but I think there is a lot of the system just trying to maintain the status quo. Movie Bob should do an episode on Yes, Minister, if he wants to talk about shows from the 80s that are still relevant.
That'll be the day!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Theres actually a county still doing a trick or treat tonight.

I think Ive actually seen this movie before on IFC. it was pretty good.\

EDIT:

really bob? we need the toxic avenger again? im really hoping in the next few months a news story doesnt pop up about how "the Toxic avenger" is getting a remake.

and being directed by michael bay

Sorry video player crashed half way through

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
I totally called it! Said something afew videos ago about how he should do this one :p

It's so ridiculous though i love the over the top gore, and comedy of it.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
"That'd be like if today, someone made a cartoon out of The Human Centipede and put it on the Hub."

FUND I--

...Actually, I think this is one of Moviebob's silly ideas that's best left unrealized.

(I still want that U.S.S. Mountain Dew thing to be a real show, though.)

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
Ahh the Toxic Avenger... so many good memories! I grew up on Toxie during my grade school years and saw the movie when I was 8 thanks to my formaly cool older brother. Maybe a rebirth of Toxie should be done while shit is still hitting the fan. Come to think of it I grew up on Trauma films.

Gonna miss schlocktober, hope it comes back next year!

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
The Toxic Avenger, the last I checked, was actually playing on Netflix: Instant Queue if anyone is looking.

And To comment on Bob highlighting Toxie's merchandising, I actually bought a Toxic Avenger comic book from a Garage Sale a few months ago. It's actually quite funny and particularly brilliant. A great end to Schlocktober, indeed.