The Big Picture: The War of the Gargantuas

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I now want to get this movie and watch it!
and I was laughing so hard at the comment that in that universe it seems that Japan gets attacked by giant monsters like every week.

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
You call it 'bad monster movies get their due'. I call it 'Movie Bob writes a Christmas list for my brother'. Thanks for the help!

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I'm almost certain anyone who sees this video has already seen the Cinemassacre's Monster Madness review of the movie already:

http://cinemassacre.com/2010/10/10/war-of-the-gargantuas/

"The WOOOOOOOOOOOOORDS get stuck in my throat!" I WISH they got stuck in your throat, since your singing is so horrible!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I think, 'Holy Sh*it! Did he just hit him with a boat?!' is now my favorite saying of all time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Interesting episode (so this is where Scooby-Doo!Mystery Incorporated episode "Battle of the Humungonauts" paid homage to).
I wonder what next week episode is referring to?

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Bob I loved this video, but your timeing is a little bad.
James rolf (of AVGN internet fame) Just put a review of the same movie yesterday

OT: this movie takes Waaay to long to get to the monters but its worth it in the end.

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
Beatrix Potter and Roland Em...whatever.

Is it Watership Down? That's the only post-apocalyptic bunny movie I know.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
So, the woman who wrote cute stories about bunnies and squirrels and the man who blows shit up for no good god damn reason. Bunnies and squirrels exploding at random then?
Whatever the case, you've got my attention.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
o_o huh...well my cousin said that Japanese is comedy is kinda out there so I wouldn't know why their monster movies wouldn't be.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
I imagine that in the Toho monster universe, Tokyo is designed a bit like the SDF-1: Modular, pre-fabricated buildings that are designed to be reconfigured quickly and efficiently after a giant monster/robot/demon battle levels large portions of the metropolis.

I also imagine that several fortunes have been made in the industry of Giant Monster Insurance.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
zombie711" post="6.317259.12923206 said:
Bob I loved this video, but your timeing is a little bad.
James rolf (of AVGN internet fame) Just put a review of the same movie yesterday

EDIT: Heh. Actually, he did this one day ago last year. Don't feel bad, I saw it yesterday as well and had kind of a "wait, WHAT?" myself ;)

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
misterprickly said:
Ta heck with Japanese monsters!
If you're into REAL monsters checkout Glovers Harbour, Newfoundland.

They've been finding Giant Squids there for years.

Correction: they've been finding bits and pieces of Giant Squid for centuries (which is why we know they exist at all), but they've only had one or two intact specimens and never seen one alive.

Back on topic: Toho: the sole company holding up the miniature building industry in Japan.