The Big Picture: Tooned Out

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Tooned Out

Watch to find out just how much television has perverted videogames.

Watch Video

Kuomon

Nov 17, 2009
Is it the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon? Or is that considered good?

rayen020

May 20, 2009
okay What the hell is with that kids voice? he looks like a teenager and is given a hot catgirl but my 6 year old son has a deeper voice than him...

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
The straight-to-video Super Mario movie will for ever haunt my dreams... along with the Zelda TV show.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Kuomon said:
He mentioned that one in an Escape to the Movies once, and the approach was nowhere near as negative as some of the shows he just mentioned.

It's funny that, if you turned pretty much any one of those into an anime, it probably would have been better, because the WTF line is way lower than in the US.

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
For the record, the Zelda TV show RULED. My money would have been the OTHER sonic TV show, but maybe not...

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Kuomon said:
No...not D&D.

I know what it is...so for those who don't, I can tell you in a spoiler tag, but I'll wait until someone actually WANTS me to tell. I actually saw that cartoon, and wondered why several things were done WRONG with the games used.

Kuomon

Nov 17, 2009
rayen020 said:
okay What the hell is with that kids voice? he looks like a teenager and is given a hot catgirl but my 6 year old son has a deeper voice than him...
That's the 80's for you. People say anime is weird but they never pull creepy stuff like that... they pull other kinds of creepy stuff

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I'd guess Arthur and the Knight's of Justice but that isn't based off of a video game to my knowledge and the picture is of a basketball not an American football

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
This may be due to the fact that I was like between 6 or so during the time, but I remember liking the sonic cartoon. Even though I never liked the games that much. Not gonna try and watch this now... I know it will suck in retrospect, nostalgia be damned.

Scribblesense

Jan 30, 2013
This video makes me want to call my parents and apologize for the hours upon hours I spent watching this dreck.

Kuth

Jan 14, 2009
I remember Darkstaklers, and then I remeber why I didn't get into the show. That kid was an idiot.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Mojo said:
This may be due to the fact that I was like between 6 or so during the time, but I remember liking the sonic cartoon. Even though I never liked the games that much. Not gonna try and watch this now... I know it will suck in retrospect, nostalgia be damned.
WHICH Sonic cartoon? I think there were two of them... one bad one, one good one. Least that's what I heard.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
I've just realised how retro Mummies Alive! actually is.

And if its is the power team (quick check on youtube) oh god! what is this mess

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I liked the Pole Position cartoon. Of course, I was 7 at the time. Let's just say it doesn't hold up.

And sorry, Captain N was terrible. I actually preferred some of Nintendo's third-party franchises to most of its first-party ones, and I hated that whiny, self-important brat taking a crap on Megaman and Simon Belmont every Saturday morning. Even Megaman's shittiest weapons had more intrinsic value than Kevin.

Kuomon said:
It's mixed. It was a lot better than most cartoons of its era. But it had some problems. Read to near the end of this The Complainer is Always Wrong [http://www.povonline.com/cols/COL145.htm].

I think it's going to be the infamous Zelda cartoon.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Oh yeah, I remember the Basketball Playing Tire Sword Jacket Tomatoes! That was my favorite as a kid.