The Big Picture: Trolling The 90s

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
MB202 said:
Street Sharks... now THERE'S a TV series I watched like Hell as a kid... So much so I want to buy all the episodes on DVD or iTunes or whatever, but I can't for the life of me find any.
Same here, I've been looking for quite awhile now but nothing.
All the sites I've found for it are out of stock. D:
I think I've still got the toys though, somewhere.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
Damn Bob, I had all of the Street Sharks toys.
I never even knew there was a show...

Please do that episode.
Same exact thing. There was a TV show?

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Chrono212 said:
Wait! I remember the Street Sharks!

It was so weird...

Anyway, aren't we all glad that merchandising the crap out of things (even things you don't have the copyright to) is over, right?
uguito-93 said:
MOTHER FUCKING MAD BALLS
To... nostalgic... my hearts panging... with the slow passage of time... GAH!!!

Okay, im so stoked for this. Alot of online reveiwers are in their late 20's/early 30's so go on and on about the 80's leaving early 20 year olds like myself rather wanting, LETS REMEDY THIS!

AND MY BIRTHDAYS IN MARCH, I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Aircross said:
I never really got to know anything about Trolls despite growing up in the 90s. >.<

But I do remember half the 90s cartoons being super cheesy cash-ins while the other half were super good...

...like this one for instance:

0:39 Dat hair flip.
Despite not being that into the show this is STILL the most memorable opening theme ever...

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
...I freaking loved Street Sharks. Still do.

MB202 said:
Street Sharks... now THERE'S a TV series I watched like Hell as a kid... So much so I want to buy all the episodes on DVD or iTunes or whatever, but I can't for the life of me find any.
You're in luck, my friend.

The entire series was recently put on Amazon DVD. [http://www.amazon.com/Street-Sharks-Complete-Episode-Series/dp/B00AQ590IC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=17OQGCK8OH0XW&coliid=IRH2P01J2UWCG]

Nicole Maronn

Nov 22, 2012
Oh man, MovieBob...well, you leave me no choice: I must go find my 90s Nerf water gun, cheap black sunglasses and a scrunchie or two. Once I have these items, I shall be transported back to when I was a kid in that magic era and go forth across the landscape and have a glorious adventure in the 1990s!

Seriously though, I have nothing but found memories of that era (I prefer to refer to myself as an 80s child, but I was a toddler/young grade-school kid during that period) and it'll be fun to reminisce throughout the month of March :) As to comment on this video's topic: I do remember Trolls, especially the Stone Protectors line. We had a few of them floating around my house (my grandmother still has a few in her bedroom to this day) when I was young.

nondescript

Oct 2, 2009
I remember those Shark guys... weren't they a surfer band that got mutated by the villain? The premise was awfully similar to TMNT.
Did you really just say the trolls were from Mithrandir? Like, GANDALF? Fighting Saurion? Ugh, they couldn't come up with anything better, so they stole names from Tolkien.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Oh the 90's..everything, and I mean EVERYTHING had a cartoon! Street Sharks? Sure. Action Man? Why not. Crypt Keeper? You betcha. There is enough material right there to do an all 90's cartoon channel (and yes, some of those shows are shown still on certain channels but mixed in with live shows).

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
McMarbles said:
Oh, my god, I was just thinking about the Stone Protectors yesterday. Weird how crap from your formative years just... bubbles up when you're not expecting it.
It is weird. I just found one in a bin at my daughter's day-care on Monday and thought "ssssiiiiiggghhhh, they weren't all destroyed?".

I had "Chester" and "(whatever the samurai one's name was)" as a kid. They mainly just got their asses kicked by the TMNT or the entire cast of ReBoot.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Mikeyfell said:
Damn Bob, I had all of the Street Sharks toys.
I never even knew there was a show...

Please do that episode.
I actually knew a few of the voice actors for that show because they worked at the local theatre that i was involved in as a teen. You'd be surprised how many voice actors live and operate out of the 'accent-less' midwest.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Rblade said:
hearing this in order makes you realise what an unimaginably huge succes pokemon is. That concept has some serious resilience.
Exactly. How many IPs have sustained constant popularity as long as Pokémon? I don't know if they're as huge as they were back when I was a kid, but it's still crazy how strong they're still going. Remember when the coolest thing you could have was the Charizard card which did 100 damage with Fire Spin? Kids were clawing their eyes out to have on of those back in the day.

If Bob ever decides to do an episode on Street Sharks or Biker Mice from Mars, I think my nostalgia vessels will burst. Add in a reference to Super Soakers and the nostalgia trip will be complete.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
there's not one toy in that video that didn't make me wanna recoil in horror. seriously. how come most dolls from the 30s to the 90s look like some demonic shrunken human as if the makers wanted to stay in the uncanny vally

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Milanezi said:
Anyone remembers the Centurions??? Dude I loved those cartoons, oh Cartoon Network where art thou...
MAN AND MACHINE
POWER EXTREME
<spoiler=centurions>
<youtube=EQT00ZSVzcg>

commencing my nostalgia dump

<spoiler=Swat Katz>
<youtube=K_AdxJWFUh4>

<spoiler=Biker mice from mars>
<youtube=Bt-aib0zqDY>

<spoiler=Bicky O'Hare>
<youtube=k6Mh7hhaqhk>

<spoiler=Legends of Treasure Island>
<youtube=3QNeKdOaymc>

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
OMG Street Sharks? I had one of those toys and I never knew it was a TV show.

Doitpow said:
<spoiler=Legends of Treasure Island>
<youtube=3QNeKdOaymc>
YES! A billion times yes! Did you know that Jim was played by Dawn French (The Vicar of Dibley)?

EDIT: Hugh Laurie, Richard E Grant, Chris Barrie! OMFG! Some of the best British actors! WOW I need to watch this show again!

Although the quality of the video is poor...that is some damn good animation!

90's was awesome :p